Author Topic: I^2 should be re-named the Al and Odeon Fight Club.  (Read 2756 times)

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
Re: I^2 should be re-named the Al and Odeon Fight Club.
« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2017, 03:27:06 PM »
I don't care what we call it, Scrap.

Maybe you two guys could voluntarily confine yourselves to the sinbin for the ass-whopping, punchbagging, shitstorming,  tantrums. or whatever you like to call 'em . Not so much fun, hmm?

You both seem to be labouring under the illusion that if you keep this up , then you'll convert more people to your causes, rather than  pummel the entire board into a state of indifference or worse.

Well, hey Al! you've got Scappy on your side.   Big asset.  Great big humungous  asset, with the emphasis on the first syllable.  Nice going...not.

What a load of shit, Walkie.

Give an alternative. I am NOT going to take Odeon's crap AND have time and time again given him the option to drop hostilities.  He can't go 4 days without starting shit again.

You are not too blind or stupid to suggest it:

a) doesn't happen
b) I should just accept it and not hit back
c) this equates to squabbling, tantruming or what orher fucking ridiculous spin one may want to put on it.

So rather than talking shit and playing the shame game what constructive advice have you got?

Nothing? At all? Fantastic.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2017, 06:02:45 PM »
Yeah, I've got some constructive suggestions, Al

To  you: stop pretending that accusing  somebody of being a rapist is on a par with the other insults flying about. That would have got you a permaban anywhere other than here, wouldn't it? And you do undferstand why, don't you.  Well, I'm sure everybody has acted like a cunt sometime or other, but you're effectively perpetuating that by pretending that the accusation was justified.  It isn't justified.  Apologise , why don't you, then let it drop (both of you)

You can't accuse Odeon of intellectual dishonesty whilst you're acting the innocent on that score.  Also , you can't self-righteously make out that you're not provoking Odeon, not whilst your signature serves as a perrmanent provocation, FFS.   Yet more dishonesty. Face it: you're both intellectually dishonest  (everybody is, if you scrutinse them hard enough) and nobody needs  to be subjected to the ongoing high-pitched splintering noise of the stones being thrown at glass houses all the time.  Yeah, we get your point, and we get your point, and we get your point. And if anybody doesn't get your point, no amount of repetion, and no amount of elaboration  will make them get it . They stopped listening long ago.  Change the record.

To Odeon: I'm sure we can all empathise with your desire to throw yourself into the playground and scap with other kids.  But if you're gonna do that, then  you can 't  just suddenly whisk out your schoolmaster hat  when the going gets tough, and threaten the other kid with detention . Or rather you can do that , obviously, but that  only makes you look like a prick.

You've appointed moderators for these kind of situations. Let them moderate. Accept their judgement. No m,ore bleats of "I'm not going to pay for this privilege" (implicitly pulling rank, just like Al pointed out) . No more self-issued "get out of jail free cards".  That kind of thing doesn't just  get up Al's nose. It gets up just about everybody else's nose too.

It's a great pity that Pyraxis is going though the mill right now.  She managed to sort you two out... for a while .  But she has bigger things on her mind right now, doesn't she? than attempting to get between  two overgrown kids .

Ooh ! hey! how about a truce, as a get-well present for Wolfie? (hmm,  I guess Wolfie wouldn't notice, but Pyraxis surely would. That might raise a bit of a smile, and take a teeny bit of the pressure off her)

« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 06:48:42 PM by Walkie »

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2017, 09:06:55 PM »
No. The only constructive criticism was that of my signatures.  If Odeon wants that removed, he can ask and I am happy to remove it....in return for him not acting like a little bitch.

As for Pyraxis sorting us out for a while. No. Pyraxis asked for a truce. Odeon and I both took her up on it and he broke the truce because he has self-restraint issues and I was not prepared to let him attack me or snipe at me (acting like a little bitch) without retaliation.

Since then I have tried on two other occasions, most recently above after Some Bloke's diatribe and attempt to shame.

Lasted 4 days, before Odeon is back to being a little bitch.

So truces are fine but it is NOT one way sailing and I WILL NOT cop shit unaccosted. You get that right?

As to calling Odeon a r apist. EVERY TIME he calls me a bigot, that is what he gets. I am not a bigot and he is not a rapist. He wants to go there I have NO misgivings.  He can't control himself or recognise a not negotiable? That is fine. It is on him. He wants to avoid being called something he doesn't like that is untrue? It very easy. Give a little, get a little.

So what are your solutions based on the fact that one party refuses to honour a thouggt of a truce and the other will not let insult slide accounted for? Nothing? Just blame and shame?

Right....so why would I entertain any of that?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 09:08:33 PM by Al Swearengen »
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline Walkie

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2017, 09:17:48 PM »
Sorry Al, but actually I can't be arsed with all this right now, because I just had the latest news from Pyraxis, It's not good.
But let's let her get some sleep, and  then I do believe she'll be posting for herself tomorrow.
Goodnight.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2017, 09:51:41 PM »
I am not sure what Pyraxis has got to do with odeon and I  fighting? As a completely unrelated subject I find it heart rending what she and Wolfy are going through. Ny PM is always open. Perhaps we could open a thread about this subject

Offline Walkie

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2017, 06:03:18 AM »
I am not sure what Pyraxis has got to do with odeon and I  fighting?

(a) She was doing pretty damned well as an intermediary. And i'm sure she's be doing the same right now, if her current problems weren't draining her energies. She really cares about this thing.  She really cares about both you  two asses , indeed.

(b)  Not related in the least , but it just so happens  the latest news (through private channels) from Pyraxis has put the Al v. Odeon shitshow show into perspective , and made me lose heart, and lose interest.  That's all.  I shouldn't think that's hard to understand?

As for starting another thread? about Pyraxis  and Wolfie? There are at least two threads in the Elder's forum. I don't think we need another one . Or rather,  if we do, it's up to Pyraxis  to start it.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 06:05:04 AM by Walkie »

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2017, 07:29:02 AM »
I am not sure what Pyraxis has got to do with odeon and I  fighting?

(a) She was doing pretty damned well as an intermediary. And i'm sure she's be doing the same right now, if her current problems weren't draining her energies. She really cares about this thing.  She really cares about both you  two asses , indeed.

(b)  Not related in the least , but it just so happens  the latest news (through private channels) from Pyraxis has put the Al v. Odeon shitshow show into perspective , and made me lose heart, and lose interest.  That's all.  I shouldn't think that's hard to understand?

As for starting another thread? about Pyraxis  and Wolfie? There are at least two threads in the Elder's forum. I don't think we need another one . Or rather,  if we do, it's up to Pyraxis  to start it.

Right, so if there are two existing threads then perhaps we can discuss these issues in there? I mean we can introduce it here or anywhere else but I think it makes more sense to have that information in the Elders forum rather than introduce this into threads outside the Elders forums where it has nothing to do with it. That was my thought.

Again, Pyraxis did well in getting a commitment from both Odeon and myself. Unfortunately, Odeon is unable to go more than a few days without being a little bitch. So it does not really matter if she or you or anyone else can act as an intermediary or whether they want to moralise or preach or shame or damn us....does it?

Now you did come in with a lot of criticising and lambasting and it has been a little overdone. You follow Some Bloke, who followed Pyraxis who followed others too. So no, all Pyraxis did was to get a commitment from both of us. She did not solve anything or do much more than cause Odeon to break his stride. He has proven he can hold out for about 4 days before he HAS to start sniping, insulting or generally being a tool. About 4 days later, we were back where we started. So it WAS well done and admirable, but let's keep it real.

You can lose interest or whatever but you know all I see Walkie? All I see is you barrelling in condescending and signalling your moral superiority, and when I outlay the situation you do not really have anything constructive to contribute. You just wanted to weigh in and insult. YOU are being an ass, Walkie. If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem, and no better or worse than anyone else, so you can step down off your soapbox.

If you have something reasonable and constructive I am all ears. But if you are just wanting to convince me what a bad or silly person I am, I am not the least bit interested. Hope that is clear.

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Delicious and refreshing.
« Reply #52 on: June 26, 2017, 07:33:29 AM »
I think it's best if everyone were quiet about this for a day. I think arguing and explanations at the moment would be inappropriate.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 07:35:23 AM by Fun with matches »
:dog:

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #53 on: June 26, 2017, 09:10:04 AM »
With everything going on in Pyraxis's life I would say let's keep her name out of this dispute.  And just keep sending good thought's her way.  She deserves that much!
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Walkie

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #54 on: June 26, 2017, 10:36:02 AM »
With everything going on in Pyraxis's life I would say let's keep her name out of this dispute.  And just keep sending good thought's her way.  She deserves that much!

Indeed, her name was " in this dispute " because she had  functioned as a peacemaker. between Al And Odeon. Not in any negative way (just in case anybody misconstrues Ozy's remark)  And now that everybody knows exactly why I was ineffectually (sorry!) trying to call a halt to whole thing, or at least my part in it  (out of respect for both Pyraxis and wolf, and, awkwardly  having advance knowlege , which I surely didn't want to reveal explicitly, and certainly not in this thread, ) I do believe   we're  all   sensitive enough to just take in the news and shut up for awhile. I know you mean well, Ozzy. And so did I mean well. No need to tell each other to shut up. That kinda defeats the object, doesn't it? I mean, ironically,  it perpetuates the discussion, which was already closed, AFAIK

Please note that all the above posts (before Fun with matches) were written before Pyraxis' sad news came online., today.  People have shut up, of their own accord.  End of.

« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 10:46:41 AM by Walkie »

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #55 on: June 26, 2017, 11:05:29 AM »
Gee, it's nice to know that in my old age I needed and have an interpreter.   ::)
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant