Author Topic: Near-death experiences  (Read 1114 times)

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
Re: Near-death experiences
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2017, 09:47:20 PM »
Did he face any consequences for this?
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2017, 10:47:29 PM »
...anybody have near-death experiences to share?

I drowned in fifty degree water while heading out to fish near the confluence of the Arroyo Colorado. If my fishing buddy had not pulled me from the water and revived me, called 911, etc. I would certainly have died that day.

So, yes, but no. That is enough sharing.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 10:52:34 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2017, 07:59:06 AM »
Did he face any consequences for this?

They prosecuted him, although I don't know how much of a term he served and where. If I remember he was in his 70's? at the time, seemed a bit confused. From the story he told, he meant to scare them.

1988, half the town was ready to lynch him.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2017, 01:41:08 PM »
My mom had a very difficult labor with me. I wouldn't come out because I was in the wrong position and because she had a Kaiser doctor, they didn't give her a c section so I had to be pulled out with forceps and I was all covered in shit and it even got into my lunges. I nearly died and my mom had a lawsuit but decided to not sue because she wanted to enjoy parenthood and she was glad to have me alive after all. I just couldn't eat for two weeks so I had to be fed through feeding tubes and I still have those two scars on my chest where they had the tubes connected. But they are harder to see now because of my breasts.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2017, 02:26:27 PM »
Welcome back.

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2017, 02:37:39 PM »
My mom had a very difficult labor with me. I wouldn't come out because I was in the wrong position and because she had a Kaiser doctor, they didn't give her a c section so I had to be pulled out with forceps and I was all covered in shit and it even got into my lunges. I nearly died and my mom had a lawsuit but decided to not sue because she wanted to enjoy parenthood and she was glad to have me alive after all. I just couldn't eat for two weeks so I had to be fed through feeding tubes and I still have those two scars on my chest where they had the tubes connected. But they are harder to see now because of my breasts.

Hi! Welcome back from (or should that be "to" ?) the near-death experience round here :)

My Mum has never quite quite forgiven her doctor's (nor me!) for the brutal forceps delivery I had to have ,@ two weeks overdue, and endowed with my Dad's big head. SHe makes the story of my birth and her nightmarish pregnacy s ound like Rosemary's Baby( "You drained all the goodness out of my body, and I had to have iron injections in my bum"  and she was also  hospitalised with pre-eclempsia) . And then when i was finally out, i was the marvel of the Maternity Unit, almost instantly learning to focus my eyes and track the nurses' movements , and even smiling and laughing.- at least so my mum swears (I've given up telling her it must have been wind. Actually , she is  not that dim, and I'm not her only child, and the nurses thought the same.  I've just aboput come around to believing her...for what that's worth) .

at least I didn't have little horns on my head  :LOL:

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2017, 02:53:57 PM »
I've just aboput come around to believing her
It's probably true. Only family members who saw it believe the oldest could lift her head from birth, but she could. That was back in the days when babies were placed on their stomach, and first visit to the nursery she had her head up looking around.

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2017, 04:09:49 PM »
Interesting.

your oldest, jack?

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2017, 04:18:57 PM »
I had to have iron injections in my bum

I was told they were steroid shots here.  :laugh: All I know is that they hurt enough to make me not forget them...the only thing that came close was having to get rabies shots 13 years or so later in my leg after getting bit by a stray.   

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2017, 05:33:09 PM »
Interesting.

your oldest, jack?
That's correct.