Author Topic: Near-death experiences  (Read 1116 times)

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Delicious and refreshing.
Re: Near-death experiences
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2017, 01:39:44 AM »
I was out of coffee one morning.

That's amazing. How did you manage to pull through? What was the experience like? :popcorn:

The world was black and full of hate. Think WW3 on steroids.

I think these things can make you become a better person. But not without coffee! :roar:
:dog:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2017, 09:02:43 AM »
I was out of coffee one morning.

That's amazing. How did you manage to pull through? What was the experience like? :popcorn:

The world was black and full of hate. Think WW3 on steroids.

I think these things can make you become a better person. But not without coffee! :roar:

I survived to tell the tale. I was BRAVE! :viking:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2017, 02:30:47 AM »
...anybody have near-death experiences to share?
Do you?
Yeah, but I have one more crazy week of work before summer break. I will post then. I am too exhausted right now
Okay, will post mine then too.
So what happened here?
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2017, 10:58:30 AM »
Might not have been death but it would not have been good.   I was on top of scaffolding three stories up laying on my back working on a ceiling when the builder taking down part of it on the other side of the room caused that half to fall and everything to shift.  The planks I was on ended up coming with in an inch of falling off also.  At least one of the planks that fell from the other side punched through the flooring into the basement
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2017, 11:10:52 AM »
Sorting archeological stuff at the base of a quite high dike/levee when a car with a long trailer lost control on the road at the top of said dike. The combination started to "scissor". We had no time to run. Luckily the trailer swung the other way again and car and trailer ended in the water at the other side of the dike. The driver came out unharmed.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2017, 04:06:45 PM »
Do you?
Yeah, but I have one more crazy week of work before summer break. I will post then. I am too exhausted right now
So what happened here?
She didn't come back. Have posted about it here before, so didn't find any urgency in repeating. Also a bit curious of the intent of the thread title; wondering if the expectation is stories of close calls, or more along the lines of: there was a tunnel and a light. That's what near death experiences are, like Funwithmatches' story about her dad's out of body floating. Have died but not experienced anything like that.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2017, 04:55:14 PM »
Do you?
So what happened here?
She didn't come back. Have posted about it here before, so didn't find any urgency in repeating. Also a bit curious of the intent of the thread title; wondering if the expectation is stories of close calls, or more along the lines of: there was a tunnel and a light. That's what near death experiences are, like Funwithmatches' story about her dad's out of body floating. Have died but not experienced anything like that.
You have died?

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2017, 05:20:44 PM »
 :laugh:

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2017, 05:21:29 PM »
Actually that is possible. I dunno, I found it funny cos I thought it was a mistake.

OBE wasn't my dad but someone I knew at college whose dad had one.

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2017, 10:29:56 PM »
You have died?
Yes.

Had two accidents before the age of six, one a skull fracture, the other an accidental drug overdose, resulting in two individual comas and one actual death.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2017, 01:12:38 AM »
You have died?
Yes.

Had two accidents before the age of six, one a skull fracture, the other an accidental drug overdose, resulting in two individual comas and one actual death.
Scary. Do you remember things from those experiences?

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2017, 01:47:13 AM »
You have died?
Yes.

Scary. Do you remember things from those experiences?
It's hard to say, because of being so young, to know if it's real memory or knowing the story all my life. Though yes, do have memories, just no memory of death experience. Was playing hide and seek in the dark with cousins though don't remember running into anything. Had a lot of stomach problems as a kid and decided to seek meds on my own one day and took the wrong ones. Do recall taking the meds, but don't remember going back and taking more. Also remember waking up in the hospital because it really bothered me to be told I had been asleep for two weeks. The hospital seems like a real memory because it's not something someone else could have told me.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2017, 09:07:03 AM »
Girlfriend fell out the window of a car cruising and caved the back of her head in, was in a coma for weeks. I think they may have induced at the later stages just to keep her still, no one knew if she would make it during the first week.

She told me how she heard people talking to her on occasion and not much more, but she remembered one "dream" in particular  that was "so real it wasn't like a dream" where her cousin came up to the house on his quad...she was so happy to see him, she said she ran off the porch and hugged him tight, then went to climb on the back of the quad and go for a ride like always. He stopped her though, and said very seriously "you can't come this time", she protested, and he said firmly "NO!, you have to stay here, next time"...and then rode off. 

The kid had been dead for a couple years prior, some old coot didn't like him riding through the empty, un-owned, field in back of his house and shot him on the quad. He was 15.

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2017, 09:22:16 AM »
Girlfriend fell out the window of a car cruising and caved the back of her head in, was in a coma for weeks. I think they may have induced at the later stages just to keep her still, no one knew if she would make it during the first week.

She told me how she heard people talking to her on occasion and not much more, but she remembered one "dream" in particular  that was "so real it wasn't like a dream" where her cousin came up to the house on his quad...she was so happy to see him, she said she ran off the porch and hugged him tight, then went to climb on the back of the quad and go for a ride like always. He stopped her though, and said very seriously "you can't come this time", she protested, and he said firmly "NO!, you have to stay here, next time"...and then rode off. 

Cool story. :)

The kid had been dead for a couple years prior, some old coot didn't like him riding through the empty, un-owned, field in back of his house and shot him on the quad. He was 15.

:o WTH??

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2017, 12:13:13 PM »
Yeah. He was riding with a friend too. The guy just shot at both of them. I don't know who was on back, I think him. Hit him in the hip, I guess hit an artery, they didn't get there fast enough.