Educational

Author Topic: Make this illegal  (Read 494 times)

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
Re: Make this illegal
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2017, 07:54:40 AM »
Lestat, don't know how it is in the UK, but having a job as telemarketer is a very shitty job. Underpaid, minimum wage or less, most people they call will be kind of aggressive in answering. The only reason most telemarketers have that job is because the need the money to feed their kids or pay their student costs.

Yes, I dislike them calling me, but I will not be nasty as long as they are polite. I will now and then play games with them though. That can be fun.
And the "windows" or other aggro callers I will treat less decent.  The really aggressive ones always call from abroad.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2017, 09:48:54 AM »
You would be helping the earth to fight mankind's constant assault by just taking three minutes and burying that dead stick somewhere where a tree might grow.

Just some food for thought to chew on a bit.
Don't really have room for another tree. Have three very large trees on average sized suburban lot; the yard is so shaded it's difficult to grow grass. Two are oaks in the back, and the largest would take two people to wrap arms around the trunk. Sometimes when it storms I wonder if it will ever kill me.

An oak will probably not kill you. Most especially one that is a couple of hundred years old. Not much can take that beast down.

As far those damned little sticks, I tried to be quiet, but go to a park and notice where they do not mow weeds and just use a trowel to "dump" those horrid dead sticks any where. You will become a part of "TeH Solution."
Actually in the deep south, southern live oaks are known to lay over from harsh winds; their root systems aren't deep like oaks in other areas of the country because they don't have to reach deep to get water. Though even a bolt of lightning dropping one of the major boughs would be nightmarish to the end of the house where the bedrooms are.

Right about live oaks.
First time I showed my yankee wife a large Texas, growing near the Brazos, live oak tree she was astounded. They can easily dwarf many northern oak and maple trees four times taller by the sheer massiveness of their mass, so to speak.  "Why is it so wide?"  Well they do not have to compete for sunlight like so many things in the weak sunlight of the north.

One large branch falling would be devastating. True again.

Where I grew up, though, lightning almost never hit the live oaks. It always hit the palm trees which were twice as tall or overpass bridges. NO harm to the bridges; they can take it over and over for decades, but the palm trees usually make a horrible mess as they explode into baseball bat size shards from the strike.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2017, 12:59:30 AM »
You would be helping the earth to fight mankind's constant assault by just taking three minutes and burying that dead stick somewhere where a tree might grow.

Just some food for thought to chew on a bit.
Don't really have room for another tree. Have three very large trees on average sized suburban lot; the yard is so shaded it's difficult to grow grass. Two are oaks in the back, and the largest would take two people to wrap arms around the trunk. Sometimes when it storms I wonder if it will ever kill me.

An oak will probably not kill you. Most especially one that is a couple of hundred years old. Not much can take that beast down.

As far those damned little sticks, I tried to be quiet, but go to a park and notice where they do not mow weeds and just use a trowel to "dump" those horrid dead sticks any where. You will become a part of "TeH Solution."
Actually in the deep south, southern live oaks are known to lay over from harsh winds; their root systems aren't deep like oaks in other areas of the country because they don't have to reach deep to get water. Though even a bolt of lightning dropping one of the major boughs would be nightmarish to the end of the house where the bedrooms are.

Right about live oaks.
First time I showed my yankee wife a large Texas, growing near the Brazos, live oak tree she was astounded. They can easily dwarf many northern oak and maple trees four times taller by the sheer massiveness of their mass, so to speak.  "Why is it so wide?"  Well they do not have to compete for sunlight like so many things in the weak sunlight of the north.

One large branch falling would be devastating. True again.

Where I grew up, though, lightning almost never hit the live oaks. It always hit the palm trees which were twice as tall or overpass bridges. NO harm to the bridges; they can take it over and over for decades, but the palm trees usually make a horrible mess as they explode into baseball bat size shards from the strike.

We have live oaks in California too.

I think they only go as far north as a couple hours north of the Bay area.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2017, 08:56:41 AM »
There seems to be a lot of old live oaks around here; maybe because they're protected so construction takes place around them. When first married, used to live near the seven sisters tree. Wasn't impressed by it because it looked like a clump of trees that had grown together, rather than a single tree. Some of them in there area here look like that too, so not really sure if that's what they sometimes do, if they're really one tree or were originally multiple trees. Mine is obviously one tree.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2017, 10:45:17 AM »
There seems to be a lot of old live oaks around here; maybe because they're protected so construction takes place around them. When first married, used to live near the seven sisters tree. Wasn't impressed by it because it looked like a clump of trees that had grown together, rather than a single tree. Some of them in there area here look like that too, so not really sure if that's what they sometimes do, if they're really one tree or were originally multiple trees. Mine is obviously one tree.

SO where do you live. Hell, half the time I talk about live oaks (one of the most majestic and massive trees on the planet) and everyone just makes the joke about, since there are so many live oaks show me the dead oaks, bullshit. Most people do not even know what a live oak is.

... and yet, you brought it up. I salute you.

As far as the clumps of trees thing, many are. Remember how they propagate. They drop acorns and the squirrels find them and bury them in the ground for later, then forget about where they were buried and in two years or so the double dormant acorns sprout.
Many acorns in close proximity will develop into a single, very majestic tree cluster sometimes.  Seen it a lot in central Texas.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2017, 09:38:04 PM »
SO where do you live. Hell, half the time I talk about live oaks (one of the most majestic and massive trees on the planet) and everyone just makes the joke about, since there are so many live oaks show me the dead oaks, bullshit. Most people do not even know what a live oak is.

... and yet, you brought it up. I salute you.

I know what live oaks are too.  8)

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2017, 10:07:23 PM »

OK. Do I know you by another "name?"

From where do you hail? Live oak trees are not common in the north.

I now live in the northern wastelands of Indiana, but I grew up surrounded by the beauty and bounty of Texas.

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2017, 10:15:31 PM »

Dosanza Bidges.  :smarty:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2017, 10:18:00 PM »

So I do not know you.

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2017, 10:55:09 AM »

So I do not know you.

:facepalm2:  It's like the movie 50 First Dates.

Dosonza Bidges was a name that you used in 2007 along with an avatar of a dogs butt wearing sunglasses.

My custom title should be a give-away. How many well known alcoholic squadron leaders were there in the Marines in WWII??

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2017, 12:33:31 PM »

So I do not know you.

:facepalm2:  It's like the movie 50 First Dates.

Dosonza Bidges was a name that you used in 2007 along with an avatar of a dogs butt wearing sunglasses.

My custom title should be a give-away. How many well known alcoholic squadron leaders were there in the Marines in WWII??

During that time, peoples' names and avatars were being changed from "on high" for the pursuit of comedic content.
It was a little annoying.
 :yawn:

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Delicious and refreshing.
« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2017, 08:51:59 AM »
Make this illegal: Non-descriptive reviews e.g. "I've only just got this and can't review yet", "It's great", "I bought this as a present for someone and they said they loved it". Regarding the last review, they're not likely to say they didn't like the present.

Or when asking questions about a product and someone else answers, "Oh I don't know, sorry" or "I don't know, ask the manufacturers" or "I think it could be whatever made up answer but I have no idea and that's a totally random guess".
:dog:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2017, 12:07:35 AM »
I never understood the point of writing reviews like that.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2017, 07:36:34 PM »
All my reviews are like that.  :zoinks:
:gopher: