Author Topic: Make this illegal  (Read 495 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Make this illegal
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2017, 07:29:32 PM »
I hate when people do shit in front of me that was not predicted or forewarned.

Doesn't that apply to all aspies in every situation? :laugh:

What the fuck does that even mean?  How in the motherland of Hell was I supposed to predict THAT response?

... and who gives a puking pink phuck about what ... How did you put it?  ...  "all aspies"   ...   might whatever?

I am out of my element, here. You are on your own!

:lol1:

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2017, 07:31:13 PM »
The useless dead trees which keep showing up in the mailbox.

Did you forget about ordering trees?

TBH, I meant that as a kind of joke, but the reality is that often  the Arbor Day Foundation and a few more greeny type places send out dormant seedlings in the early spring and those are actual trees in a dormant state. If you were to do as they request and just find a blank area of soil and dump that dead stick into the ground almost anywhere, it will grow into a real tree.

You would be helping the earth to fight mankind's constant assault by just taking three minutes and burying that dead stick somewhere where a tree might grow.

Just some food for thought to chew on a bit.

Dead trees?  Go stick them in the ground somewhere.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 08:00:19 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2017, 07:36:31 PM »
I now get aggressive telemarketers from outside the Netherlands. For the rest the do not call list works just fine.
Most aggressive call I've had past years came from Italy. Wow, she was brutal.

Put that number in your contact folder and block it from calling you.  It works around here most of the time.

I actually have made a secondary folder for blocked numbers. I call that folder,  "SHIT."

We have a way to turn in those numbers, so every so often I just post all those numbers in my SHIT folder to the State Attorney General and they investigate and get those companies out of this state.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2017, 09:42:21 PM »
You would be helping the earth to fight mankind's constant assault by just taking three minutes and burying that dead stick somewhere where a tree might grow.

Don't really have room for another tree. Have three very large trees on average sized suburban lot; the yard is so shaded it's difficult to grow grass. Two are oaks in the back, and the largest would take two people to wrap arms around the trunk. Sometimes when it storms I wonder if it will ever kill me.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 09:48:11 PM by Jack »

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2017, 09:42:41 PM »
The "S" section of my cell phone contacts is full of "Spammity (xyz)"... same problem here.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2017, 10:38:18 PM »

Don't really have room for another tree. Have three very large trees on average sized suburban lot; the yard is so shaded it's difficult to grow grass. Two are oaks in the back, and the largest would take two people to wrap arms around the trunk. Sometimes when it storms I wonder if it will ever kill me.

An oak will probably not kill you. Most especially one that is a couple of hundred years old. Not much can take that beast down.

As far those damned little sticks, I tried to be quiet, but go to a park and notice where they do not mow weeds and just use a trowel to "dump" those horrid dead sticks any where. You will become a part of "TeH Solution."

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2017, 10:40:31 PM »
The "S" section of my cell phone contacts is full of "Spammity (xyz)"... same problem here.

Can you not block those numbers?

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2017, 10:59:29 PM »

An oak will probably not kill you. Most especially one that is a couple of hundred years old. Not much can take that beast down.

As far those damned little sticks, I tried to be quiet, but go to a park and notice where they do not mow weeds and just use a trowel to "dump" those horrid dead sticks any where. You will become a part of "TeH Solution."
Actually in the deep south, southern live oaks are known to lay over from harsh winds; their root systems aren't deep like oaks in other areas of the country because they don't have to reach deep to get water. Though even a bolt of lightning dropping one of the major boughs would be nightmarish to the end of the house where the bedrooms are.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 11:15:46 PM by Jack »

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2017, 11:13:02 PM »
Though don't get me wrong; absolutely love my grand oak. It's the epitome of the south, enormously beautiful and dripping with Spanish moss. If it should ever kill me, there's worse ways to die.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2017, 09:14:27 AM »

Can you not block those numbers?

Probably.  :P
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2017, 04:00:31 PM »
Telemarketers

In Indiana, we have a  "No Call"  law where telemarketers are prosecuted and or restricted from doing business in the state for calling us at home with spam shit.

Only problem is that if you have already done business with the company, they have a sort of exemption and can call us.
However, if you are on the No Call list and want to help, the State's Attorney General has a website where you can enter all the non-welcome callers numbers you have received and from what I have seen they shut them down.

We have all of this except for this very last bit. There seems to be no way to shut them down.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2017, 07:05:04 PM »
Yes, the no call list in Canada is useless.  ::)
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2017, 12:19:00 AM »
I now get aggressive telemarketers from outside the Netherlands. For the rest the do not call list works just fine.

Put that number in your contact folder and block it from calling you.  It works around here most of the time.

The marketeers from abroad have different numbers all the time. Only seems to be the same number for a few hours. And they seem to come from everywhere around the world. Sometimes the accent matches the number. I did have a Norwegian telemarketeer twice. Don't remember what I had said to her the first time. The second time she gave me a "fuck off!", so I must have done something right.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2017, 04:33:17 PM »

The marketeers from abroad have different numbers all the time. Only seems to be the same number for a few hours. And they seem to come from everywhere around the world. Sometimes the accent matches the number. I did have a Norwegian telemarketeer twice. Don't remember what I had said to her the first time. The second time she gave me a "fuck off!", so I must have done something right.

They do I have gotten the same call from multiple numbers :thumbdn:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2017, 07:19:25 PM »
Somebody really needs to invent a phone that allows you to reach through the screen and smash a broken beer bottle in the face of telemarketing shitheads. Ideally with an 'automatic' setting.

They used to call many times daily. Although of late, since I started being the one who usually ends up picking the phone up the spamwhoring calls seem to have dramatically dropped in number and frequency. Sometimes there'd be several calls within a few minutes. Those pricks are known to keep 'suckers lists' and trade such lists between their filthy little organizations.

I wonder if they also keep lists of those numbers that quite definitely won't buy from them.

I like to play along and tell them 'hey will you just hold on a minute while I look for my wallet/checkbook/card etc. will you hold the line' and then walk off and leave them hanging, waiting for a payment that will never come, whilst they bleed money to pay for the phonecall, eventually coming back, telling them exactly what I just did, before telling them to go get raped, drink bleach and die of cancer. If I'm feeling particularly friendly towards them that day and decide to be nice about it with them.

They really do not want to try for 'not nice' or catch me in a shitty mood with them.  I have to confess, I've said some rather awful things to telemarketers, and a fair few times have quite obviously scared the living piss out of the buggers. There've been a few times I could almost HEAR them turning pale and shaky.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.