Author Topic: Make this illegal  (Read 492 times)

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Delicious and refreshing.
Make this illegal
« on: May 21, 2017, 07:50:19 AM »
This thread is for anything anyone wants to ban or make illegal:

I'll start: Round tablets and generally big tablets that are impossible to swallow, even if they are chopped in half:

:dog:

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: Make this illegal
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2017, 08:48:43 AM »
People who don't use their turning signals! Drives me bonkers. Use your blinker thingy so I know that you're turning!!! So it should be illegal NOT to use them.
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2017, 10:25:47 AM »
I'd have the filth made responsible when they fuck up. Like try to burn somebody's house down for example. Or coerce false confessions out of people by denying them essential medication unless they give a statement. (I did give one, it just didn't contain anything other than 'no comment' 'sorry no idea' and 'get fucked':P)
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2017, 05:22:19 PM »
People who don't use their turning signals! Drives me bonkers. Use your blinker thingy so I know that you're turning!!! So it should be illegal NOT to use them.

I thought that is illegal.  :orly: Most people don't use their turn signals here. I think it's because a lot of the roads are huge with turning lanes, so people get out of the habit of using them.  :dunno:
:gopher:

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2017, 06:13:44 AM »

I thought that is illegal.  :orly: Most people don't use their turn signals here. I think it's because a lot of the roads are huge with turning lanes, so people get out of the habit of using them.  :dunno:
It's not strongly enforced in Canada. You could get a minor ticket if they decided to charge you but it's rare.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2017, 12:15:55 PM »
Stupidity.

That would take care of Trump really quickly. :zoinks:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2017, 07:50:53 PM »

It's not strongly enforced in Canada. You could get a minor ticket if they decided to charge you but it's rare.

I'm not sure about the rest of the US, but obviously no one cares here either.  :lol1:
:gopher:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2017, 08:46:36 PM »
Telemarketers
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2017, 08:59:08 PM »

I'm not sure about the rest of the US, but obviously no one cares here either.  :lol1:

We have a small town nearby that has warned the entire state that the local turn signal usage ordinance will be enforced with vigor.

I always use my signals. I hate when people do shit in front of me that was not predicted or forewarned. It is a habit now. I even use my signals when I am the only car at a four-way stop sign.

Many people seem to drive as if using a turn signal is the same as giving away classified information to the enemy.
 :dunno:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2017, 09:07:14 PM »
Telemarketers

In Indiana, we have a  "No Call"  law where telemarketers are prosecuted and or restricted from doing business in the state for calling us at home with spam shit.

Only problem is that if you have already done business with the company, they have a sort of exemption and can call us.
However, if you are on the No Call list and want to help, the State's Attorney General has a website where you can enter all the non-welcome callers numbers you have received and from what I have seen they shut them down.

Biggest problem I have is that I use AT&T  and every single day they text me with crap and sometimes call to inform me of upgrade possibilities. I can not get that shut down. I have even added the numbers they call to my "contact" info so that I can block them, but they just keep using different numbers.
:hair:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2017, 09:12:22 PM »
Telemarketers

In Indiana, we have a  "No Call"  law where telemarketers are prosecuted and or restricted from doing business in the state for calling us at home with spam shit.

Only problem is that if you have already done business with the company, they have a sort of exemption and can call us.
However, if you are on the No Call list and want to help, the State's Attorney General has a website where you can enter all the non-welcome callers numbers you have received and from what I have seen they shut them down.

Biggest problem I have is that I use AT&T  and every single day they text me with crap and sometimes call to inform me of upgrade possibilities. I can not get that shut down. I have even added the numbers they call to my "contact" info so that I can block them, but they just keep using different numbers.

I'm on the list here but still get tons of calls from people I never had any dealings with.  The new twist on it is they are spoofing caller id with local numbers to get you to pick up
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2017, 10:25:17 PM »
The useless dead trees which keep showing up in the mailbox.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2017, 06:25:23 AM »
I hate when people do shit in front of me that was not predicted or forewarned.

Doesn't that apply to all aspies in every situation? :laugh:

― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2017, 06:26:24 AM »
Telemarketers

I'm on the list here but still get tons of calls from people I never had any dealings with.  The new twist on it is they are spoofing caller id with local numbers to get you to pick up
They do that here too. I unplugged my answering machine because people that know me will call my cell.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2017, 07:22:37 AM »
I now get aggressive telemarketers from outside the Netherlands. For the rest the do not call list works just fine.
Most aggressive call I've had past years came from Italy. Wow, she was brutal.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!