Author Topic: Any other Brits feeling glum about the Election results?  (Read 209 times)

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
Any other Brits feeling glum about the Election results?
« on: May 05, 2017, 12:28:30 PM »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2017-39817224

note the turnout? 26%

looks like the  left-wing voters  are sinking back into a state of apathy/depression.  No confidence in Labour, so they sit back and let the Tories win, dear god.

For the benefit of our American friends, let me explain: we've been faced with a choice between the Blue right-wingers and the Red right -wingers (AKA  "Junior Tories" AKA Blairites) every sodding election for Donkeys' years . It's a lot like being forced to choose between Trump and Clinton.   

Right now, the Labour Party leader , Corbyn, is pushing for traditional Labour values that ought to bring the disillusioned voters out in in droves. But looks like voters have bought that curious Tory logic that it's better to screwed really hard in the butt by a "strong leader" than it is to jump in to bed with the feeble-looking nice guy.

If Corbyn  fails to reform  the Labour party ( that is, swing them back to the Left which is where they're supposed to be) simply  because people don't believe that he's strong enough to do it, and therefore don't vote for him, well, that's gonna be the the self-fulfilling prophesy of the century, isn't it?

I'm still hoping that they're saving their energy for the General Election in June.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 01:09:02 PM by Walkie »

Offline Arya Quinn

• The Mad Queen
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • UwU
Re: Any other Brits feeling glum about the Election results?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2017, 03:25:58 PM »
Part of me feels like the Tories (and their best buddies, the DUP) will be in power forever, but I still vote as the way I see it I'm not allowed to complain about how shit things are in this "United" Kingdom otherwise as I am at voting age.

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Delicious and refreshing.
Re: Any other Brits feeling glum about the Election results?
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2017, 05:31:07 AM »
I didn't vote because I couldn't.

Was going to post a bitter rant, but my head is muddled and currently biased toward the negative.
:dog: