Educational

Author Topic: Trump is functionally retarded  (Read 23331 times)

Offline MLA

• Elitest Aspie of the Aspie Elite
  • Modulator
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • The internet isn't a library, it's a stage.
Re: Trump is functionally retarded
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2017, 10:03:32 AM »
:yawn:

You meet with Russian diplomats the day after key testimony in an ongoing investigation concerning Russian ties...and the day after further impeding the investigation by dismissing the head of the investigation.

Trump praised Comey verbally in statements and non-verbally in writing for months concerning his actions with Hillary...both on the campaign trail and in the official office of president only a short time ago.

We are suddenly supposed to believe on this timeline of events that he grew some moral balls and learned scruples...because...NOW...he's...the...president?

Maybe he was visited overnight by the 3 White House ghosts of president's past?

...I think I heard Nixon rattling his chains. :spitscreen:

What restrictions are you placing on American Presidents in seeing Russian diplomats and I hope you are prepared to do so for all US Presidents not JUST Trump.

Trump was given advice from a newly appointed Deputy Attorney General. The Deputy Attorney General is in charge of overseeing the FBI and made that recommendation. Is Trump supposed to ignore that or overrule that? Maybe. I don't know? He decided to take the advice.

It is just amazing to me to see everyone who said how bad Comey was and how HE was the cause of Granny Satan losing the election, now say how unfair it is that he is no longer head of FBI.

Frankly, we don't expect foreigners to understand.  It's an American thing.  We hold ourselves to a higher standard and have a long tradition of presidents working in the public interest and holding themselves accordingly.  Even W.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2017, 11:16:25 AM »

You meet with Russian diplomats the day after key testimony in an ongoing investigation concerning Russian ties...and the day after further impeding the investigation by dismissing the head of the investigation.

Trump praised Comey verbally in statements and non-verbally in writing for months concerning his actions with Hillary...both on the campaign trail and in the official office of president only a short time ago.

We are suddenly supposed to believe on this timeline of events that he grew some moral balls and learned scruples...because...NOW...he's...the...president?

What restrictions are you placing on American Presidents in seeing Russian diplomats and I hope you are prepared to do so for all US Presidents not JUST Trump.

Trump was given advice from a newly appointed Deputy Attorney General. The Deputy Attorney General is in charge of overseeing the FBI and made that recommendation. Is Trump supposed to ignore that or overrule that? Maybe. I don't know? He decided to take the advice.

It is just amazing to me to see everyone who said how bad Comey was and how HE was the cause of Granny Satan losing the election, now say how unfair it is that he is no longer head of FBI.

Frankly, we don't expect foreigners to understand.  It's an American thing.  We hold ourselves to a higher standard and have a long tradition of presidents working in the public interest and holding themselves accordingly.  Even W.

Agreed MM.
I believe it will come to a conclusion soon enough anyways.

No sense in discussing it any longer.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2017, 02:34:19 PM »

I keep expecting you to come around and say "I'm just kidding, I'm not this gullible".
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2017, 05:25:21 PM »
Trump is a bullshit artist, a braggard, a serial adulterer, is near inarticulate and doesn't have any of the poise, grace, dignity or demenour that someone elected to his position SHOULD have.

He is very flawed.

However, there is a reason he was elected (and not by a racist, stupid, xenophobic minority) and that was because the things the Democrat Party, specifically, and the establishment, generally, had offered were not what Americans felt represented their needs.

He was not accidentally elected or mistakenly let into this office. He IS the President of the United States.

I do find the lengths to which Americans go to, to destroy their President and supposed sanctity of his office, mindblowing Tony Abbott was an arsehole and Howard was a spluttering little dwarf. As Aussies, we have a cultural disdain for authority and politicians are all expected to be morally bankrupt and we expect to vote them out every four years and vote in their oppoent. The Church and the Royal Family are not glorified or elevated either.

Hillary did not lose because of Russians. She ran a bad campaign, she cheated with interview questions, obstructed justice, hid a server, wiped the server, perjured herself, called half tge country deplorable and so on. She also did not go to enough rallies because she had this entitlement thing going on. It was her turn. Not only could she have beaten Trump, she should have.

Trump was not assisted by Russian collusion. He was assisted by Hillary. His hard work, unconvention message and her incompetence and indifferent caused him to win. Democrats are not able to learn from this or take responsibility and so they spin collusion narratives  AND lose the Presidency, House, Senate and supreme court.

I think too, that part of the problem is that Liberals and Democrats make everything Armegeddon. Trump will always seem better than he actually is if he does an average job after being told by everyone, he will do terribly. If enough people say "He actually did okay" or "I voted for him because he said he was going to do x, y ,z and the Democrats said he couldn't do any of that, but he did actually do some of that." it makes him look more credible than he perhaps is. Add a bit of spin and he look brilliant. The debates were the same he was expected to be completely out of his league and her in her natural element. When he did okay and she did okay. He looked better than expected and her worse than expected.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 09:19:05 PM by Al Swearengen »
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2017, 01:41:56 AM »
/shrugs

I guess you really are that gullible.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2017, 03:03:14 AM »
/shrugs

I guess you really are that gullible.

Liberals and Democrats in America are the reason for Trump and his success. You can shrug or call that gullibility but it should be obvious. He is not succeeding because they have done nothing wrong and have done a fantastic job. They are not beyond criticism or reproach.

The Progressive platform is as Authoritarian as the Religious Right from a while ago. It is just as intolerant and aggressively Authoritarian. Both are equally as ugly and need to be quashed. The Progressive platform is effectively Cultural Marxism and Leftist but not Liberal. Liberalism needs to claim its platform back.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2017, 11:49:25 AM »
Liberals and Democrats in America are the reason for Trump and his success. You can shrug or call that gullibility but it should be obvious. He is not succeeding because they have done nothing wrong and have done a fantastic job. They are not beyond criticism or reproach.

Who said they are? To say that Trump is an dysfunctional moron is about Trump, not about anyone else.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2017, 06:03:33 PM »

Who said they are? To say that Trump is an dysfunctional moron is about Trump, not about anyone else.

It implies he is here by accident or that countless millions that voted for him did so for no good reason. Also clearly he is not functionally retarded.

It is certainly true to say that the people the dislike him, REALLY dislike him. Its also true that he is a serial adulterer. He is crass, boorish, polirically incorrect, tactless, unrefined, uncultured, has no poise, grace , diplomacy and is near on inarticulate

Saying he is functionally retarded, a sociopath, white supremacist, just like Hitler and so on, is dishonest. People ought to be outraged at things he is and not negative things they want to say about him out of petty petulance, because against the odds, he became President.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 01:18:23 AM by Al Swearengen »

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2017, 01:45:27 AM »
He is actually very clearly functionally retarded. He is very much like a child, with a child's reactions.

And I wouldn't call electing him an accident. Quite clearly, the help he got was well planned and executed. Also, quite a few of the people who voted for him--not countless, by the way, as you well know, and fewer than voted for Hillary--are uninformed and foolish at best.

You may not like my characterisation of them but nobody cares. Your gullible views carry very little weight anywhere.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2017, 03:17:06 AM »
He is actually very clearly functionally retarded. He is very much like a child, with a child's reactions.

And I wouldn't call electing him an accident. Quite clearly, the help he got was well planned and executed. Also, quite a few of the people who voted for him--not countless, by the way, as you well know, and fewer than voted for Hillary--are uninformed and foolish at best.

You may not like my characterisation of them but nobody cares. Your gullible views carry very little weight anywhere.

There are many people on both sides that are uninformed or foolish, as you well know. Both Hillary and Trump had over 60 million and under 65 million voters voting for them. Not insignificant numbers.

I do not care one way about your opinions and they are insignificant. Your issues carry weight with you and probably in very few other settings. If you think that these opinions were groundbreaking...well, more power to you.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2017, 03:21:27 PM »
Groundbreaking? I realise a lot of this will feel like rocket science to you but we are discussing basics here.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2017, 08:54:59 PM »
Groundbreaking? I realise a lot of this will feel like rocket science to you but we are discussing basics here.

Does this give you a righteous smug little glow inside, to believe that? Are you going to tell class you are not trying to bait again?

Can't help yourself. Odeon the master baiter.

Don't worry, I won't rise to to your baiting and this will be a solitary self pleasuring activity done for you alone and for your own pleasure only.

I will have the good grace not to draw attention to it, and leave you to your efforts.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 10:40:06 PM by Al Swearengen »

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2017, 12:08:30 AM »
If it hadn't been for your recent posting history, some people might actually buy that. Admittedly, they'd have to be new to this place, Trump followers and generally inept, but still.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2017, 03:22:17 AM »
If it hadn't been for your recent posting history, some people might actually buy that. Admittedly, they'd have to be new to this place, Trump followers and generally inept, but still.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2017, 02:12:36 PM »

- Albert Einstein