Educational

Author Topic: Yet again, a Trump supporter proves how truly racist they are.  (Read 2389 times)

Offline Phallacy

• Witchfinder General of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
It seems that Trump supporters love to use the social media posts of fringe SJW's to paint all liberals and leftists in a negative light for some reason. Well, let me fire back with a real world example of a Trump supporter being a completely racist asshole against an Asain person, and leaving her and her two friends stranded in the middle of a snowstorm.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/business/wp/2017/04/07/one-word-says-it-all-asian-airbnb-host-reportedly-leaves-guest-stranded-because-of-her-race/?wpisrc=nl_az_most&wpmk=1

‘One word says it all. Asian’: Airbnb host reportedly leaves guest stranded because of her race

An Airbnb host in California has been banned after an Asian American guest claimed her reservation was canceled at the last minute because of her race.

Airbnb spokesman Nick Papas told The Washington Post in an email that the host’s behavior was “abhorrent and unacceptable.” The company has in recent years faced growing complaints of racial discrimination by its hosts.

Dyne Suh, a 25-year-old law student in Riverside, said she and her fiance had been looking forward to a short vacation over Presidents’ Day weekend in Big Bear Lake, a popular ski getaway about two hours by car east of Los Angeles.

About a month before their trip, Suh booked a mountain cabin on Airbnb listed as a “Tree House Loft and Private Bathroom” in Running Springs, Calif. Suh told The Post in a phone interview Friday that she later messaged the host to ask if she could add two friends and two puppies to the reservation and was told it would be fine.

“We were looking forward to it, especially with law school and working and being really busy,” Suh told NBC Los Angeles on Wednesday. “It was a welcome break.”

On Feb. 17, the group of four set out up the mountain. An intense winter storm was then hitting the area, making road conditions hazardous and prompting flash-flood warnings.

When they were minutes away from the cabin, Suh sent a message to the host through the Airbnb app to let her know they were close and asked how they might pay for adding the two friends to the reservation.

That’s when their trip took a turn.

“If you think 4 people and 2 dogs ate getting a room fir $50 a night on big bear mountain during the busiest weekend of the year ..… You are insanely high,” the host texted her, according to Suh’s screenshots of the exchange. The host, identified as “Tami” in the images, also called Suh “a con artist” and canceled the reservation.

Suh said she was shocked, then protested, telling the host that she had screenshots of their earlier messages showing she had agreed to the reservation changes.

“Go ahead. I wouldn’t rent to u if you were the last person on earth,” the host wrote back to Suh. “One word says it all. Asian”

When Suh replied that she would report the host to Airbnb for being racist, the host told her to “Go ahead” and “It’s why we have trump.”

“And I will not allow this country to be told what to do by foreigners,” the host added.

Suh took pictures of the exchange and posted them to her Facebook page. “Just had an airbnb cancel on me spewing racism,” she wrote.

To compound the problem, the continued snow was making it increasingly dangerous to get down the mountain, according to Suh. “By the grace of God,” Suh said in a Facebook comment, there was a crew from KTLA 5 News that happened to be parked near them on the mountain while covering the winter storm. One of the station’s reporters, Steve Kuzj, interviewed Suh using his smartphone.

Still reeling from what had just happened, Suh sobbed as she recounted what she said were the host’s messages. Video from that KTLA 5 interview was uploaded to YouTube this week.

Suh said in the video that she has been living in the United States since she was 3 years old. She currently is enrolled in the Critical Race Studies Program at the UCLA School of Law.

“I’m an American citizen. This is my home,” Suh said in the video. “It stings. It stings that after living in the U.S. for over 23 years, this is what happens.”

In a comment to her original Facebook post that night, Suh said Airbnb issued them a full refund immediately and offered to reimburse the group for a hotel. Suh also told friends that they “finally found shelter at a cute cabin after two hours of roaming around the snowy mountain.”

One of her travel companions added on Facebook: “The f—ing woman nearly killed us tonight. We basically ended up stuck up the mountain with no where to stay and the snow coming down harder and harder.”

Though the incident took place in February, Suh’s story became publicly known this week after NBC Los Angeles and KTLA 5 News reported it on Wednesday and Thursday. It is unclear why KTLA 5 did not air the story earlier.

Suh told The Post that she was surprised by all the attention it has suddenly received.

“I didn’t even know it was uploaded to YouTube until NBC contacted me,” she said. The spotlight is “pretty terrifying but if it encourages more people to come forward, then that’s great.”

Papas, the Airbnb spokesman, confirmed to The Post on Friday that the host had been banned.

“We have worked to provide the guest with our full support and in line with our nondiscrimination policy, this host has been permanently removed from the Airbnb platform,” Papas said.

Airbnb would not respond to questions about when exactly the host was banned, if the host had had a history of complaints or how long the host had been actively renting out the home on the platform before the February incident. Airbnb also would not confirm the host’s name.

When contacted by NBC Los Angeles, the host said she had “no comment.” The Post attempted to confirm the identity of the host to reach out for comment, but was unable. The listing from the incident no longer appears to be available on Airbnb.

Founded in 2008, Airbnb is now a $30 billion company that operates in 50,000 cities in 191 countries. In response to a rising number of allegations that hosts were refusing certain guests because of their race, the company launched a three-month “comprehensive review” last year that “generally confirmed public reports that minorities struggle more than others to book a listing.”

In response, the company said it would require all users to agree to the following commitment:

We believe that no matter who you are, where you are from, or where you travel, you should be able to belong in the Airbnb community. By joining this community, you commit to treat all fellow members of this community, regardless of race, religion, national origin, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation or age, with respect, and without judgment or bias.

The company also rolled out several measures to fight discrimination on its platform, including publishing a more detailed nondiscrimination policy, trying to increase the number of “Instant Book” listings and making user profile photos less prominent during the booking process, presumably to prevent hosts from discriminating based on guest appearances.

Under a new “Open Doors” policy, Airbnb said it would guarantee alternate lodging for a guest who was unable to book an Airbnb listing because of discrimination. An Airbnb representative pointed to that new “Open Doors” policy when asked about Suh’s case on Friday.

Airbnb received some criticism for not doing away with user photos entirely, The Post’s Emily Badger reported last year. However, civil rights groups and others who had been pushing for changes at the company welcomed the new policies as a step in the right direction.

“The metric of success, though, will be less dehumanizing, less discriminatory treatment of black folks,” Rashad Robinson, the executive director of the group Color of Change, which had organized a public campaign pointing out racial bias on Airbnb, told The Post then. “We think the work that has been done has been good work, and we hope it results in change. But the change is what will determine how successful all of this is.”

Let's be real here. To me, I think the AirBnb host might not exactly be playing with a full deck. The client said that they would bring two additional guests with them, and the host said "yes". Then when the client later on asked about how much extra it would cost to have two extra people, the Airbnb host snapped at her and told her to fuck off with no care for any consequences. I'm no psychologist, but Trump supporter or not, that right there might a sign of someone suffering from a mental illness.

I can't wait until someone tells me that the Washington Post is "fake news".[size]

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
Re: Yet again, a Trump supporter proves how truly racist they are.
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2017, 06:57:37 AM »
Now I want statistics on political preferences of jerks active on AIRBNB.

:trollskull:
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2017, 08:00:57 AM »
It seems that Trump supporters love to use the social media posts of fringe SJW's to paint all liberals and leftists in a negative light for some reason. Well, let me fire back with a real world example of a Trump supporter being a completely racist asshole against an Asain person, and leaving her and her two friends stranded in the middle of a snowstorm.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/business/wp/2017/04/07/one-word-says-it-all-asian-airbnb-host-reportedly-leaves-guest-stranded-because-of-her-race/?wpisrc=nl_az_most&wpmk=1

‘One word says it all. Asian’: Airbnb host reportedly leaves guest stranded because of her race

An Airbnb host in California has been banned after an Asian American guest claimed her reservation was canceled at the last minute because of her race.

Airbnb spokesman Nick Papas told The Washington Post in an email that the host’s behavior was “abhorrent and unacceptable.” The company has in recent years faced growing complaints of racial discrimination by its hosts.

Dyne Suh, a 25-year-old law student in Riverside, said she and her fiance had been looking forward to a short vacation over Presidents’ Day weekend in Big Bear Lake, a popular ski getaway about two hours by car east of Los Angeles.

About a month before their trip, Suh booked a mountain cabin on Airbnb listed as a “Tree House Loft and Private Bathroom” in Running Springs, Calif. Suh told The Post in a phone interview Friday that she later messaged the host to ask if she could add two friends and two puppies to the reservation and was told it would be fine.

“We were looking forward to it, especially with law school and working and being really busy,” Suh told NBC Los Angeles on Wednesday. “It was a welcome break.”

On Feb. 17, the group of four set out up the mountain. An intense winter storm was then hitting the area, making road conditions hazardous and prompting flash-flood warnings.

When they were minutes away from the cabin, Suh sent a message to the host through the Airbnb app to let her know they were close and asked how they might pay for adding the two friends to the reservation.

That’s when their trip took a turn.

“If you think 4 people and 2 dogs ate getting a room fir $50 a night on big bear mountain during the busiest weekend of the year ..… You are insanely high,” the host texted her, according to Suh’s screenshots of the exchange. The host, identified as “Tami” in the images, also called Suh “a con artist” and canceled the reservation.

Suh said she was shocked, then protested, telling the host that she had screenshots of their earlier messages showing she had agreed to the reservation changes.

“Go ahead. I wouldn’t rent to u if you were the last person on earth,” the host wrote back to Suh. “One word says it all. Asian”

When Suh replied that she would report the host to Airbnb for being racist, the host told her to “Go ahead” and “It’s why we have trump.”

“And I will not allow this country to be told what to do by foreigners,” the host added.

Suh took pictures of the exchange and posted them to her Facebook page. “Just had an airbnb cancel on me spewing racism,” she wrote.

To compound the problem, the continued snow was making it increasingly dangerous to get down the mountain, according to Suh. “By the grace of God,” Suh said in a Facebook comment, there was a crew from KTLA 5 News that happened to be parked near them on the mountain while covering the winter storm. One of the station’s reporters, Steve Kuzj, interviewed Suh using his smartphone.

Still reeling from what had just happened, Suh sobbed as she recounted what she said were the host’s messages. Video from that KTLA 5 interview was uploaded to YouTube this week.

Suh said in the video that she has been living in the United States since she was 3 years old. She currently is enrolled in the Critical Race Studies Program at the UCLA School of Law.

“I’m an American citizen. This is my home,” Suh said in the video. “It stings. It stings that after living in the U.S. for over 23 years, this is what happens.”

In a comment to her original Facebook post that night, Suh said Airbnb issued them a full refund immediately and offered to reimburse the group for a hotel. Suh also told friends that they “finally found shelter at a cute cabin after two hours of roaming around the snowy mountain.”

One of her travel companions added on Facebook: “The f—ing woman nearly killed us tonight. We basically ended up stuck up the mountain with no where to stay and the snow coming down harder and harder.”

Though the incident took place in February, Suh’s story became publicly known this week after NBC Los Angeles and KTLA 5 News reported it on Wednesday and Thursday. It is unclear why KTLA 5 did not air the story earlier.

Suh told The Post that she was surprised by all the attention it has suddenly received.

“I didn’t even know it was uploaded to YouTube until NBC contacted me,” she said. The spotlight is “pretty terrifying but if it encourages more people to come forward, then that’s great.”

Papas, the Airbnb spokesman, confirmed to The Post on Friday that the host had been banned.

“We have worked to provide the guest with our full support and in line with our nondiscrimination policy, this host has been permanently removed from the Airbnb platform,” Papas said.

Airbnb would not respond to questions about when exactly the host was banned, if the host had had a history of complaints or how long the host had been actively renting out the home on the platform before the February incident. Airbnb also would not confirm the host’s name.

When contacted by NBC Los Angeles, the host said she had “no comment.” The Post attempted to confirm the identity of the host to reach out for comment, but was unable. The listing from the incident no longer appears to be available on Airbnb.

Founded in 2008, Airbnb is now a $30 billion company that operates in 50,000 cities in 191 countries. In response to a rising number of allegations that hosts were refusing certain guests because of their race, the company launched a three-month “comprehensive review” last year that “generally confirmed public reports that minorities struggle more than others to book a listing.”

In response, the company said it would require all users to agree to the following commitment:

We believe that no matter who you are, where you are from, or where you travel, you should be able to belong in the Airbnb community. By joining this community, you commit to treat all fellow members of this community, regardless of race, religion, national origin, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation or age, with respect, and without judgment or bias.

The company also rolled out several measures to fight discrimination on its platform, including publishing a more detailed nondiscrimination policy, trying to increase the number of “Instant Book” listings and making user profile photos less prominent during the booking process, presumably to prevent hosts from discriminating based on guest appearances.

Under a new “Open Doors” policy, Airbnb said it would guarantee alternate lodging for a guest who was unable to book an Airbnb listing because of discrimination. An Airbnb representative pointed to that new “Open Doors” policy when asked about Suh’s case on Friday.

Airbnb received some criticism for not doing away with user photos entirely, The Post’s Emily Badger reported last year. However, civil rights groups and others who had been pushing for changes at the company welcomed the new policies as a step in the right direction.

“The metric of success, though, will be less dehumanizing, less discriminatory treatment of black folks,” Rashad Robinson, the executive director of the group Color of Change, which had organized a public campaign pointing out racial bias on Airbnb, told The Post then. “We think the work that has been done has been good work, and we hope it results in change. But the change is what will determine how successful all of this is.”

Let's be real here. To me, I think the AirBnb host might not exactly be playing with a full deck. The client said that they would bring two additional guests with them, and the host said "yes". Then when the client later on asked about how much extra it would cost to have two extra people, the Airbnb host snapped at her and told her to fuck off with no care for any consequences. I'm no psychologist, but Trump supporter or not, that right there might a sign of someone suffering from a mental illness.

I can't wait until someone tells me that the Washington Post is "fake news".[size]

In any population of people, you will get idiots, psychopaths, and so on. The same will apply with Trump Supporters. Out of 60 million it ought hardly be a mind-boggling surprise that a small percentage will be arseholes of one strain or another.

But here is your chance to show that this is not a negligible minority of Trump Supporters and that this is the rule not the exception. No? You just wanted to show this instance of someone who incidentally was a Trump Supporter doing something bad? Okay. Fair enough. It sounds pretty shitty and I think he is a basketcase.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I do not have the right not to do so
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2017, 09:18:50 AM »
Never mind about racism you stupid cunt.  Stopping your government from destroying Syria on behalf of Israel is more important. 
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

"When men lead by words that are false as they preach
Fatality waits in the wings
Surrounded by fools behind walls that are breached
Beware of the jester that sings"

Leeeeeaaaave Benji alooooooone!  :bigcry:

Offline Phallacy

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2017, 12:55:38 PM »
Never mind about racism you stupid cunt.  Stopping your government from destroying Syria on behalf of Israel is more important.

Why didn't you tell that to Cleocatra in his thread which I am parodying here?

And does that mean you're no longer a Trump supporter?

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2017, 11:14:34 PM »

Why didn't you tell that to Cleocatra in his thread which I am parodying here?

And does that mean you're no longer a Trump supporter?

Benji was a Trump supporter?
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline Bastet

• Psychotic Mentally Deficient Deranged Bitch
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2017, 11:46:54 PM »
I obviously made your ass sore, Penty. Well I have yet another example of Progressive racism and this time it's from YOU! :zoinks:

Ah, you people just keep on playing with me. That's why I fucking hate you all! You keep on rubbing salt into my wounds of my shattered heart like a white woman who cheats on me with a black man! I'm not just some toy you can play with because you are "autistic"! Bullshit. I'm not trolling you dumbasses! I'm fucking dead SERIOUS! You all can burn in Hell! ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Absolutely! Because there is nothing worse than having your white gf cheat on your superior white self with your fucked up grill with a "lowly" black male with a straight set of teeth. That would cause you to fly into a heated rage making your pink face turn beet red with indignation. ::)
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 11:50:04 PM by Cleocatra »
:kitten: OBSESSIVE AILUROPHILE :kitten:

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2017, 12:06:10 AM »
Hard luck there Penty! That was pretty brutal.

Offline Phallacy

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2017, 02:52:20 AM »
That post of mine was from 7 years ago. I'd like to think that I've learned quite a bit ever since then, because back then, I didn't even know the difference between left and right wing. I probably got all my news from the likes of InfoWars and conspiracy theorists. I believed that Obama was a dictator who was not even a legit US citizen, so I wasn't exactly a "Progressive" back then, right?

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2017, 03:09:14 AM »
I don't think DFG realises people can change because she doesn't.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Phallacy

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2017, 07:14:32 AM »
Oh, I didn't realize who Cleocatra was. Howdy, Duckfetishgirl! How's life been treating you? :green:

Offline Bastet

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2017, 02:51:37 PM »
Oh, I didn't realize who Cleocatra was. Howdy, Duckfetishgirl! How's life been treating you? :green:

Hi. Do you remember Violet Yoshi from AFF? Well on occasion I have followed her online drama with the child free and social justice crowd. You may find this interesting.

http://www.phorum.org/phorum5/read.php?14,150377

https://fiercefatties.wordpress.com/2013/10/01/rainbow-connection/
« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 02:58:17 PM by Cleocatra »

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

Offline Phallacy

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2017, 04:55:58 PM »

Hi. Do you remember Violet Yoshi from AFF? Well on occasion I have followed her online drama with the child free and social justice crowd. You may find this interesting.

https://fiercefatties.wordpress.com/2013/10/01/rainbow-connection/

I can't recall someone named that on AFF. But skimming through those links makes me think that she's got a little habit of abusing others, then playing the victim once she's called out.

Offline Grey Area

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2017, 05:00:21 PM »

I remember seeing this linked on Bratfree a few years ago. I wonder if they still talk about her there.
There are no atheists when the toilet water is rising.
:GA:  :trollskull: 

Offline Bastet

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2017, 06:45:09 PM »

I remember seeing this linked on Bratfree a few years ago. I wonder if they still talk about her there.

There was an even funnier one on a forum called selfish heathens, but that forum no longer exists. She went on a rant about how a woman on Oprah was "stealing" from her child by disciplining him and she was horrified how people were praising her and she seemed to deem this child abuse. In the comments a friend of her posted how she used to know her, and when she got her first serious bf, she went all "single white female" on her.

Old wrongplanet thread mentioned in a hidden bratfree thread.

wrongplanet.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=85074&sid=fac81a18e34a592d7fd2a45680755135

Here's a thread she made complaining about the above thread.

http://wrongplanet.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=86949

« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 10:39:14 PM by Cleocatra »