Educational

Author Topic: 40 people injured by "falling furniture" in another London attack  (Read 2393 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: 40 people injured by "falling furniture" in another London attack
« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2017, 12:21:15 PM »
That falling furniture keeps falling. It was a great analogy

Glad you enjoy it.

It was sarcasm. It was a shit analogy. It has and will continue to be as repulsive every single time another event comes up.

Well, you keep bringing it up.

....and will with the next terrorist attack from radical Muslim extremists.  I committed to that a while ago. Let's all hope I have to wait a long time next time because it seems to happen all to regularly.

Like I said, glad you enjoy it.

Then again, you might actually want to get it right the next time.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Phallacy

• Witchfinder General of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2017, 12:33:59 PM »
The only reason America doesn't get attacked by ISIS is because we're an entire ocean away.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2017, 07:39:46 PM »
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #48 on: June 04, 2017, 10:07:19 AM »
Why not provide the context and get the whole thing right? You're as bad as Trump, you're using a tragedy for advancing your (narrow and bigoted) views.

Fucking idiot.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #49 on: June 04, 2017, 04:40:19 PM »
Why not provide the context and get the whole thing right? You're as bad as Trump, you're using a tragedy for advancing your (narrow and bigoted) views.

Fucking idiot.

Are you calling me a bigot, rapist? That has never ended well.

As to your context. When I bought up how serious and how frequent and dangerous radical Islamic Extremism was, you dismissed it with statistics on falling furniture occurences and how infrequent these attacks are and how unlikely these people (who had at that time had just been killed and were not even cold yet) were unlikely to be killed and neither was anyone.

It was disgusting and inappropriate and I stated it to be so and said I would introduce your falling furniture as an analogy and dismissal of such victims every time another incident happened and that it would keep happening.

Now you find my behaviour unacceptable because it mirrors your own dismissiveness. Equating victims of radical Muslim Extremists with victims of falling furniture and waving away a tragedy is suddenly poor form. At the moment you thought yourself defending Muslims I suppose, and in that moment the dismissal was ideologically okay.

It was not and isn't.  Pointing out that these are all done by radical Muslim Extremists is not bigoted. It never was. It's a charge you keep making because in your mind you cannot conceive of the notion that no one thinks all Muslims are or will be radical Muslim Extremists.  You see that term and you lose your shit. You start defending positions that were never taken.

None of us said Muslims are bad but we do say radical Muslim Extremists are. They are killing people in number and frequently. Calling them out for what they do when they do it, is completely legitimate and defensible. It is not bigoted.

Dismissing it or calling people who point it out or discuss it it fucking reprehensible. You are an ideological zealot and idiot.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 04:51:01 PM by Al Swearengen »
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #50 on: June 06, 2017, 01:22:00 PM »
Actually I find your behaviour unacceptable because you are a bigoted moron, stuck so far up your own arse that you'd need a covfefe to find your way back.

And you are still not providing the context. You are as bad as Trump.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #51 on: June 06, 2017, 02:57:18 PM »
Actually I find your behaviour unacceptable because you are a bigoted moron, stuck so far up your own arse that you'd need a covfefe to find your way back.

I am a bigot as much as you are a r apiat, r apist

You are qyite welcome to call rhings that you don't like oe that affext ykur sensibilities,  bigoted, but you have proved again and again that you are unable to make a rational case for said bigotry.

This makes you the moron. As for providing context,  I procided my reasoning and contezt behind it. Again, you can dislike or denounce it all you like but it is what it is. It did not occur out of either a vacuum or misunderstanding.

I know you can't admit you were wrong Trump 0deon. In a lot of ways you remind me of him.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #52 on: June 07, 2017, 02:37:41 PM »

You are qyite welcome to call rhings that you don't like oe that affext ykur sensibilities,  bigoted, but you have proved again and again that you are unable to make a rational case for said bigotry.

This makes you the moron. As for providing context,  I procided my reasoning and contezt behind it. Again, you can dislike or denounce it all you like but it is what it is. It did not occur out of either a vacuum or misunderstanding.

I know you can't admit you were wrong Trump 0deon. In a lot of ways you remind me of him.

Have you been drinking or is this another homage to Trump?

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #53 on: June 07, 2017, 03:56:05 PM »

I am a bigot as much as you are a rapist, rapist

You are quite welcome to call things that you don't like & one that affects your sensibilities,  bigoted, but you have proved again and again that you are unable to make a rational case for said bigotry.

This makes you the moron. As for providing context,  I provided my reasoning and context behind it. Again, you can dislike or denounce it all you like but it is what it is. It did not occur out of either a vacuum or misunderstanding.

I know you can't admit you were wrong Trump Odeon. In a lot of ways you remind me of him.

(Messaging in a hurry on a bus)

« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 11:57:59 AM by Al Swearengen »

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #54 on: June 11, 2017, 04:21:41 PM »

You are quite welcome to call things that you don't like & one that affects your sensibilities,  bigoted, but you have proved again and again that you are unable to make a rational case for said bigotry.

This makes you the moron. As for providing context,  I provided my reasoning and context behind it. Again, you can dislike or denounce it all you like but it is what it is. It did not occur out of either a vacuum or misunderstanding.

I know you can't admit you were wrong Trump Odeon. In a lot of ways you remind me of him.

Translation: you've been drinking.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #55 on: June 11, 2017, 04:37:52 PM »

Translation: you've been drinking.

Incorrect

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #56 on: June 11, 2017, 04:40:03 PM »
The other possible explanation is that you are an idiot. I was trying to be charitable.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #57 on: June 11, 2017, 05:15:27 PM »
The other possible explanation is that you are an idiot. I was trying to be charitable.

And another again is the reason I gave. In fact, know the truth (being the one who actually posted it and not someone who did not and was not witness to it and was half a world away at the time and likely asleep when it happened) I am probably in receipt of better facts than you and your guesses are just that. Charitable or not.

Pretending otherwise is not merely dishonest but it is stupid as well

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #58 on: June 13, 2017, 12:32:37 AM »

And another again is the reason I gave. In fact, know the truth (being the one who actually posted it and not someone who did not and was not witness to it and was half a world away at the time and likely asleep when it happened) I am probably in receipt of better facts than you and your guesses are just that. Charitable or not.

As someone who became the poster boy for intellectual dishonesty here, you should probably keep a low profile when it comes to these things.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #59 on: June 13, 2017, 12:38:36 AM »

As someone who became the poster boy for intellectual dishonesty here, you should probably keep a low profile when it comes to these things.

"Who became the poster boy for intellectual dishonesty"? Who proclaimed this? (Besides you, just then) Under what standard and in which instances?

....and the big one: Who writes your bullshit?