Educational

Author Topic: Yet again, a Progressive proves how racist they truly are.  (Read 534 times)

Offline Bastet

• Psychotic Mentally Deficient Deranged Bitch
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
Yet again, a Progressive proves how racist they truly are.
« on: January 10, 2017, 07:39:24 PM »
After projecting his own racism onto Jeff Sessions repeatedly, Ira eventually let the cat out of the bag and now faces twitter backlash as a result.

MTV Host Under Fire For Comments About Sessions’ Granddaughter – ‘Racist’

Ira Madison, an African-American culture writer for MTV News, is under fire for mocking the Asian-American granddaughter of Sen. Jeff Sessions.

Sessions, President-elect Donald Trump’s choice for attorney general, brought his family to his Senate confirmation hearing Tuesday, including his four Asian-American grandchildren. Ruth Sessions Walk, his daughter, is married to an Asian-American man.

In a Twitter post, Madison accused the Alabama senator of using his Asian-American granddaughter as a prop in an attempt to avoid being seen as a racist.

There is no reason for that child to be in his lap in a hearing other than to send an "I'm not racist message"

— Ira Madison III (@ira) January 10, 2017
Madison then took it a step further, following up with another tweet asking Sessions to “kindly return this Asian baby to the Toys ‘R’ Us you stole her from.”

Madison deleted the tweet after receiving swift condemnation from many on Twitter.

https://mobile.twitter.com/jaketapper/status/818854746454970368?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

https://mobile.twitter.com/nia4_trump/status/818901551091712001?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

https://mobile.twitter.com/RealJamesWoods/status/818874861552484352?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Advertisement - story continues below

Ira Madison, an African-American culture writer for MTV News, is under fire for mocking the Asian-American granddaughter of Sen. Jeff Sessions.

Sessions, President-elect Donald Trump’s choice for attorney general, brought his family to his Senate confirmation hearing Tuesday, including his four Asian-American grandchildren. Ruth Sessions Walk, his daughter, is married to an Asian-American man.

In a Twitter post, Madison accused the Alabama senator of using his Asian-American granddaughter as a prop in an attempt to avoid being seen as a racist.

There is no reason for that child to be in his lap in a hearing other than to send an "I'm not racist message"

Madison then took it a step further, following up with another tweet asking Sessions to “kindly return this Asian baby to the Toys ‘R’ Us you stole her from.”

Madison deleted the tweet after receiving swift condemnation from many on Twitter.

Madison went on to say his comment was a “joke,” justifying it as an attempt to bring up “Sessions’ history of racial hatred of Asians.”

I often tell jokes, but seeing as bringing up Sessions' history of racial hatred of Asians is seen as an attack on his grandchild, I deleted

MTV quickly distanced themselves from Madison after his comments came him under fire.

“The opinions Ira expresses on Twitter are his own and do not reflect the views of MTV News,” an MTV representative said Tuesday.

http://www.westernjournalism.com/mtv-host-under-fire-for-comments-about-sessions-granddaughter-racist/
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 07:41:12 PM by Cleocatra »
:kitten: OBSESSIVE AILUROPHILE :kitten:

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
Re: Yet again, a Progressive proves how racist they truly are.
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2017, 02:06:14 AM »
I remember this. It was rank.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Phallacy

• Witchfinder General of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2017, 02:00:10 PM »
1 "progressive" makes 1 stupid tweet, suddenly it proves how "racist" ALL progressives are.

Donald Trump makes a bunch of stupid tweets, who gives a fuck? Right? ::)

Offline Bastet

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2017, 02:52:15 PM »
Would you like me to provide more for you cuckboy? Has this new persona of yours gotten you laid?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 02:56:29 PM by Cleocatra »

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

Offline Bastet

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2017, 05:43:35 PM »
Can't see the image.

http://www.campusreform.org/?ID=6642

:wanker:
George Takei Calls Justice Clarence Thomas A 'Clown In Blackface' Over Marriage Equality Dissent
George Takei has come under fire this week for calling Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas a “clown in blackface” over the judge's stance on marriage equality. However, the “Star Trek” actor insists that his comment was not racially motivated.

During an interview with Fox 10 Phoenix, Takei, who is gay, discussed the Supreme Court’s recent landmark ruling to legalize same-sex marriage nationwide. Takei said he was “angry” at Thomas, who dissented to the decision, for his position on the issue.

“He is a clown in blackface sitting on the Supreme Court,” said Takei. “He gets me that angry. He doesn’t belong there.”

In his dissent, Thomas, who is black, wrote that “human dignity cannot be taken away by the government,” adding: “Slaves did not lose their dignity (any more than they lost their humanity) because the government allowed them to be enslaved. Those held in internment camps did not lose their dignity because the government confined them.”

Takei, whose family was held inside a Japanese internment camp during World War II, took issue with this logic.

“For him to say slaves have dignity, I mean, doesn’t he know that slaves were in chains? That they were whipped on the back?” Takei said. “My parents lost everything that they worked for in the middle of their lives, in their 30s. His business, my father’s business, our home, our freedom and we’re supposed to call that dignified?… This man does not belong on the Supreme Court. He is an embarrassment. He is a disgrace to America.”

In the wake of the interview, Takei has been slammed for what has been called a "racist" comment -- an accusation that the 78-year-old fiercely rejects.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/07/03/george-takei-clarence-thomas-clown-in-blackface_n_7719110.html

He later apologizes for his ad hominem attack after being gaoded by twitter users:
http://twitchy.com/2015/07/02/george-takei-wants-an-apology-wait-what/

]here's his apology
https://www.facebook.com/georgehtakei/posts/1299475283415255

Offline Bastet

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2017, 06:21:25 PM »
Kelly Osbourne thinks Hispanics only clean toilets.

« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 06:26:14 PM by Cleocatra »

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2017, 08:46:48 PM »
I'm going to make a suggestion. Current events.  :zoinks:
:gopher:

Offline Bastet

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2017, 12:20:28 AM »
I'm going to make a suggestion. Current events.  :zoinks:

Offline Phallacy

• Witchfinder General of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2017, 10:25:44 AM »
All Trumpsters are racist, greedy white assholes.

See? I can do the false equivalence bullshit too.

This thread is a fucking waste of time.

Offline Bastet

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2017, 11:43:23 AM »
All Trumpsters are racist, greedy white assholes.

This thread is a fucking waste of time.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ronda-lee/hillarys-superpredator-comment_b_9655052.html

Because Hillary saying black youth are superpredators is awright.

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2017, 07:48:12 PM »

Yeah, I think that's right.  :zoinks:
:gopher:

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2017, 06:07:40 AM »
I actually like Classical Liberalism NOT the Progressive Liberalism.

There is not much left on the Left that has not been infected by "Progressive" values. Authoritarian Cultural Marxism.

I have no doubt that the effect of 4-8 years of Trump (ESPECIALLY if he pulls together the Republican Party and starts to roll over the Democrats a bit more. He needs some big consecutive wins to eally seal his place in the Party and to give them confidence and strength), will have the effect of weeding out the majority of the bullying ways of the Authoritarian Cultural Marxists.

What I think will happen is that the space where the outliers like Dave Rubin, Sam Harris, Joe Rogan and the moderate Conservatives and Libertarians will become the space that the moderate Liberals will adopt again and Progressivism will become fringe.

I think there will be a small window where there will be teh opportunity for reason and good will and working together but it will not take long before the more extreme and vocal members of the Right Wing Party (Yes I know Liberals call every Conservative a far right winger to the point where it loses any semblence of what it is supposed to mean. But I am using it in the correct sense) will become every bit as Authoritarian, immoral and unreasonable as the worse elements of the Progressives and suddenly things will change. The pendulum will swing back.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline Bastet

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2017, 05:01:34 PM »

There is not much left on the Left that has not been infected by "Progressive" values. Authoritarian Cultural Marxism.

I have no doubt that the effect of 4-8 years of Trump (ESPECIALLY if he pulls together the Republican Party and starts to roll over the Democrats a bit more. He needs some big consecutive wins to eally seal his place in the Party and to give them confidence and strength), will have the effect of weeding out the majority of the bullying ways of the Authoritarian Cultural Marxists.

What I think will happen is that the space where the outliers like Dave Rubin, Sam Harris, Joe Rogan and the moderate Conservatives and Libertarians will become the space that the moderate Liberals will adopt again and Progressivism will become fringe.

I think there will be a small window where there will be teh opportunity for reason and good will and working together but it will not take long before the more extreme and vocal members of the Right Wing Party (Yes I know Liberals call every Conservative a far right winger to the point where it loses any semblence of what it is supposed to mean. But I am using it in the correct sense) will become every bit as Authoritarian, immoral and unreasonable as the worse elements of the Progressives and suddenly things will change. The pendulum will swing back.

I've been watching old episodes of Julia which was the first sitcom to star a black woman that didn't have a stereotypical role. It is very much the epitome of classic liberalism. Julia didn't put up with prejudice against any race. There was an episode where she was on a date with a man who hated white people and cops. "You're prejudiced!"  She tells him. She tells him she dislikes prejudice of all kinds. Her neighbors husband is a cop and her good friend. Julia Baker had a good set of morals and taught her son Corey never to call anyone names and forbade him to get into fights. In one episode, his best friend Earl J. Waggedorn has a black eye and they are both trying to cover it up. He makes him swear never to tell how he got it afraid he'll get in trouble. Eventually Corey tells his mother Julia that Earl got into a fight with a boy named Henry at school because Henry called him a nigger and wouldn't take it back. Corey wasn't allowed to fight , so Earl fought with him instead. I was thinking how if this show was remade today, Julia would hate white men, cops and America and would be a polar opposite to the original Julia. Progressivism.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2017, 04:39:19 AM »

I've been watching old episodes of Julia which was the first sitcom to star a black woman that didn't have a stereotypical role. It is very much the epitome of classic liberalism. Julia didn't put up with prejudice against any race. There was an episode where she was on a date with a man who hated white people and cops. "You're prejudiced!"  She tells him. She tells him she dislikes prejudice of all kinds. Her neighbors husband is a cop and her good friend. Julia Baker had a good set of morals and taught her son Corey never to call anyone names and forbade him to get into fights. In one episode, his best friend Earl J. Waggedorn has a black eye and they are both trying to cover it up. He makes him swear never to tell how he got it afraid he'll get in trouble. Eventually Corey tells his mother Julia that Earl got into a fight with a boy named Henry at school because Henry called him a nigger and wouldn't take it back. Corey wasn't allowed to fight , so Earl fought with him instead. I was thinking how if this show was remade today, Julia would hate white men, cops and America and would be a polar opposite to the original Julia. Progressivism.

It's not a bad point and pretty sad.

I used to mock Conservatives. The most vocal were the screeching ultra religious, gun obsessed, Moral puritans and Authoritarians. They got taken to task and their strength ebbed. Rightly so.

The more vocal Liberals were the reasonable ones. More Libertarian. More Liberal. Basically saying, "Okay now, you have a point of view and we have a point of view. We can discuss our differences. Let's find some reasonable common ground. Let's agree to disagree, sure, but let's see what is fair for everyone."

Then in came the Progressives like a trojan horse to the Liberal base. All accepting and defending the minorities and pushing back against the Authoritarian right. Sort of sounded Liberal. But it was JUST as Authoritarian.

The positions are reversed and I think it is only now that the Liberals are just starting to wake up and realise that Progressives are not exactly Liberal and that they are not JUST harmful to the Right but to the Left too.

I think that the war in the Left is just as pronounced as the war in the right. In US Ryan and McCain's GOP vs Trump's team AND there is the Schumer and Booker types against the Warren and Duckworth types. I believe that the best way (and perhaps the only way to go forward is with a strong moderate close to centre Democrat without baggage and a similar Progressive type that will attract the followers of both camps. They MUST work in unison and they must be sane and articulate and smart and YOUNG.