Author Topic: Fleeing to Canada?  (Read 2476 times)

Offline Bastet

• Psychotic Mentally Deficient Deranged Bitch
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
Re: Fleeing to Canada?
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2016, 11:33:07 AM »
I don't want to hear any complaining whatsoever from you guys in 4 years when he inevitably breaks his promises and you (and/or people you know) are in worse shape because of Trump, Pence, & Co.
I think some of his supporters were actually explicitly expecting and hoping he would break some of his own promises.  My worry is that he won't.

:thumbup:  and he has been previously for gay marriage and pro amnesty.

"I'm a registered Republican. I'm a pretty conservative guy. I'm somewhat liberal on social issues, especially health care, et cetera, but I'd be leaving another party, and I've been close to that party ... I think that nobody is really hitting it right. The Democrats are too far left. I mean, Bill Bradley, this is seriously left; he's trying to come a little more center, but he's seriously left. The Republicans are too far right. And I don't think anybody's hitting the chord, not the chord that I want hear, and not the chord that other people want to hear, and I've seen it."

Mr. TRUMP: I'd like to see major tax cuts.

PHILLIPS: Along the line, for what the Republicans are talking about —eight hundred billion or so? Would you go that far?

Mr. TRUMP: Along the lines of that number, yes, approximately at that number, and could even be more.

PHILLIPS: Health care?

Mr. TRUMP: [I'm] liberal on health care, we have to take care of people that are sick.

PHILLIPS: Universal health coverage?

Mr. TRUMP: I like universal, we have to take care, there's nothing else. What's the country all about if we're not going to take care of our sick?

PHILLIPS: Abortion?

Mr. TRUMP: I hate the concept of abortion. I hate anything about abortion, and yet, I'm totally for choice. I think you have no alternative.

PHILLIPS: Gun control? Where do you stand on that?

Mr. TRUMP: If you could tell me that the bad guys, the criminals, wouldn't have guns, I'd be a hundred percent for gun control. But the fact is, if you have gun control, the only people that are going to obey the laws, are going to be the good guys. So the bad guys are going to have the guns, the good guys aren't going to have the guns, and what good does that do us? So, I'm not in favor of it.

http://www.snopes.com/1998-trump-people-quote/
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 11:39:21 AM by Cleocatra »
:kitten: OBSESSIVE AILUROPHILE :kitten:

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

Offline Bastet

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2016, 11:46:27 AM »
Oh yeah, this presidential election is just like a football game. My team lost, big deal, just go home and stop crying about it. Right? Right?!? ::)

I, and probably half this country are FUCKING PISSED OFF that Donald Trump is "our" new president, Mike "cure the gay" Pence is the VP, and that the GOP will basically have this country all to themselves!!! Get ready to say goodbye to gay marriage, Obamacare, immigration reform, environmental regulations, net neutrality, marijuana legalization, etc. Get ready for tax cuts for the super-wealthy, stronger anti-libel laws, threats of nuclear war, increased racial and LGBTQ negativity, millions of immigrants being deported by force, increased abuse of government surveillance and law enforcement, and jobs NOT coming back, ever.

Let's not ignore that in the next 4 years, the USA will literally do NOTHING about climate change. NOTHING!!! The scientists of the world say that we need to fight back against climate change NOW! Not in 4 years...

I hope all of you Trump supporters are happy. I don't want to hear any complaining whatsoever from you guys in 4 years when he inevitably breaks his promises and you (and/or people you know) are in worse shape because of Trump, Pence, & Co.

Since when has a politician ever kept their promise?

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2016, 11:51:26 AM »
I think you will all be okay America.
There has been an immediate uptick in hate crimes, so we're already not "all" OK.

If Trump gets the chance to replace more supreme court justices than just Scalia, we're going to have a long wait to recover from what we will lose in terms of human rights, which could actually include roe v. wade and marriage equality.

A lot of us are extremely scared right now, for ourselves and for our loves ones.

I hope I am wrong, but I think you're not grasping the implications of what just happened here.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2016, 11:55:22 AM »
There has been an immediate uptick in hate crimes, so we're already not "all" OK.

If Trump gets the chance to replace more supreme court justices than just Scalia, we're going to have a long wait to recover from what we will lose in terms of human rights, which could actually include roe v. wade and marriage equality.

A lot of us are extremely scared right now, for ourselves and for our loves ones.

I hope I am wrong, but I think you're not grasping the implications of what just happened here.

I think you are right in being scared. I know I am, and I can only imagine how I would feel if I lived in the US. :(

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2016, 12:09:54 PM »

Apparent. Lots of reports of hate crimes to sell a narrative or lots of ACTUAL hate crimes?

http://klfy.com/2016/11/09/ul-student-fabricated-story-of-attack-robbery-by-trump-supporters-police-say/

All that happened is that Trump, a man with whom you have different political persuasion to, has been elected President of the United States of America. Nothing more than that.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Bastet

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2016, 12:26:27 PM »
How many of these "hate crimes" will turn out to be convenient hoaxes? Here's one https://www.google.com/amp/hotair.com/archives/2016/11/10/police-reported-hate-crime-against-woman-in-muslim-headscarf-was-a-hoax/amp/?client=safari

This boy was beaten for voting trump while the teacher took their time getting the students off of him.

Offline Bastet

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2016, 12:42:25 PM »

I think you are right in being scared. I know I am, and I can only imagine how I would feel if I lived in the US. :(
I'm a woman, but I'm also white, cis, straight, and live in a state that we're basically equating to Canada.  (And, as I am physically unable to have kids, I won't be directly effected by anti-abortion legislation.)  So I'm not so much scared for myself as I am for the people who are more vulnerable than I am, and feeling despair that I'm going to see their rights under the law greatly reduced or taken away, and that I'm going to see them become less safe regardless of their legal rights.

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I do not have the right not to do so
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2016, 12:48:16 PM »
Oh, I'd like to flee to Canada. I'd LOVE to flee to Canada. Get the hell away from Trumpland. Or at least move to a more Democratic state.

But you only like democracy when you win?

WTF  Something we agree on   :green:   I don't care for Trump but I wouldn't move to Canada to get away,  he won and will soon be the President thats the way it works sometimes you win sometimes you lose.  I did the the consolation prize of having the state next to mine legalize recreational marijuana  :2thumbsup:

:thumbup:
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

"When men lead by words that are false as they preach
Fatality waits in the wings
Surrounded by fools behind walls that are breached
Beware of the jester that sings"

Leeeeeaaaave Benji alooooooone!  :bigcry:

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2016, 12:49:27 PM »
This is Russia's master plan to take over the US.
:zoinks:

:rofl:
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2016, 12:50:10 PM »
Oh, I'd like to flee to Canada. I'd LOVE to flee to Canada. Get the hell away from Trumpland. Or at least move to a more Democratic state.

A perk with democracy is to be allowed to bitch about it.

I don't think that includes arson and threatening to kill people though.

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2016, 12:53:53 PM »

'Hate crimes'.  So fucking retarded. 

People are calling for Trump to be killed.  I'm trying to find a category he can fit into so it'll be labelled a 'hate crime' if they do kill him.  Maybe he's going a bit bald under that hair?  Are bald men part of the hatecrimevictim community?  Or do they have to be non white or previously been a women? 

Offline Bastet

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2016, 01:39:18 PM »

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2016, 01:46:05 PM »
I did the the consolation prize of having the state next to mine legalize recreational marijuana  :2thumbsup:
It's a relief to all of us here in MA to have recreational marijuana legalized, as it was so very very difficult to get ahold of and get away with using before.   :autism:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2016, 04:41:43 PM »

A perk with democracy is to be allowed to bitch about it.

I don't think that includes arson and threatening to kill people though.

Give Trump some time and I'm sure his version will.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein