Author Topic: siblings  (Read 1270 times)

P7PSP

Re: siblings
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2011, 03:32:02 PM »
I liked having lots of siblings and first cousins growing up. Being the second oldest had disadvantages since my older brother was out doing social stuff and, by default, I often got left looking after the younger siblings and cousins. In some cases that made real tight bonds, but it also was a nuisance. The fact that I often had no plans did not mean I didn't want to do things. One lesson I have learned is that when someone calls and asks what I am doing I will often say "Nothing, as in I am doing nothing and want the rest of my day free to do nothing or to do something spontaneous." People will sometimes want to appoint themselves a social secretary if they are not put in check. I fucking hate surprises, my mother snuck a surprise 50th birthday party on me and I had to grin and bear it because she is my mother and my family loves me. On the plus side that was the weekend I fired a rented M1 Submachinegun!  :2thumbsup: :viking: :headbang2: :tickle: :zoinks:

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2011, 09:37:18 PM »
I liked having lots of siblings and first cousins growing up. Being the second oldest had disadvantages since my older brother was out doing social stuff and, by default, I often got left looking after the younger siblings and cousins. In some cases that made real tight bonds, but it also was a nuisance. The fact that I often had no plans did not mean I didn't want to do things. One lesson I have learned is that when someone calls and asks what I am doing I will often say "Nothing, as in I am doing nothing and want the rest of my day free to do nothing or to do something spontaneous." People will sometimes want to appoint themselves a social secretary if they are not put in check. I fucking hate surprises, my mother snuck a surprise 50th birthday party on me and I had to grin and bear it because she is my mother and my family loves me. On the plus side that was the weekend I fired a rented M1 Submachinegun! :2thumbsup: :viking: :headbang2: :tickle: :zoinks:

Sounds great to me.

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2011, 03:08:18 PM »
I don't like surprises like that either... chances are if someone else has invited all those people
there are bound to be some you wouldn't  have   :zoinks:
blah blah blah

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2016, 07:09:08 AM »
I have two older sisters and a twin.
When my family split when I was about 9, I got close to my second oldest sister. She would talk to me as if I were an equal and I really appreciated that.

I didn't get along with my twin at that age but we have gotten along amicably now that we are adults. We don't have that twin bond anymore though.

None of my immediate family have autism or ADHD. My twin needed help with fine motor skills though, and she was held back a year in Grade 1.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae