Author Topic: The GOPHER LIBERATION FRONT is watching this forum  (Read 1511 times)

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
Re: The GOPHER LIBERATION FRONT is watching this forum
« Reply #75 on: October 25, 2016, 04:27:41 AM »
Ugh. I could live without those spiders. :zombiefuck:

I was watching a show about Australian wildlife.  The host was driving his car while chatting
  with the audience,  and out of nowhere a huntsman spider appeared on his shoulder and
  crawled around on him.  :runaway:  :GA:   And he just talked about the spider as if it were
  no big deal to drive while being  CRAWLED UPON.  I would have crashed that car!

Huntsman spiders are my favourites

I take it you don't suffer from arachnophobia? :-\

I have read that no matter where one lives on planet Earth, one is never more that four to six feet from a spider.
I have also read that the average person eats/swallows a spider at least once per year in their sleep.
People often sleep with their mouths open and marauding spiders, in need of water or at least a wet meal, are attracted to the water vapor wafting from our open mouths while we sleep. They sometimes venture in to hunt and tickle our throats and we huff, smack and swallow. Seldom, but occasionallly the unfortunate spider is overwhelmed by our natural ability to clear our throats and down into our gullet she goes.

Spiders are cool. This little fella in Queensland was playing with a mouse

I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #76 on: October 25, 2016, 08:52:54 AM »
I have no problems with small spiders--the kind we have here--but the larger ones are too much for me.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #77 on: October 25, 2016, 10:16:09 AM »
I don't mind teeny tiny little "money spiders", but the bigger they get, the more they make me shudder. Some of the house spiders here grow to  about 3" across (counting legs as well) and their bodies grow to  nearly  1" long. I've been known to vacate a room when I spot a big one. The hairy spiders in the garden really give me the creeps as well.

I've just read online that those house spiders can go for months without food or drink. So that's how come the house can seem spider-free for ages, then suddenly there's a bunch of  big ones , all at once. Mating season . 

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #78 on: October 25, 2016, 11:19:14 PM »
I have no problems with small spiders--the kind we have here--but the larger ones are too much for me.

I take solace in the fact that they do not have wings.

:yikes:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #79 on: October 25, 2016, 11:24:12 PM »
I don't mind teeny tiny little "money spiders", but the bigger they get, the more they make me shudder. Some of the house spiders here grow to  about 3" across (counting legs as well) and their bodies grow to  nearly  1" long. I've been known to vacate a room when I spot a big one. The hairy spiders in the garden really give me the creeps as well.

I've just read online that those house spiders can go for months without food or drink. So that's how come the house can seem spider-free for ages, then suddenly there's a bunch of  big ones , all at once. Mating season .

We have plenty of big hairies in the garden, but we also have some big, pretty shineys.

These pretty ladies set a special section of her web tightly wound (notice the squiggly part) as a quick-access net that she throws over anything landing in her net. The potential meal or threat is almost instantly snared beyond escape.

« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 11:28:32 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #80 on: October 26, 2016, 12:09:44 AM »
:GA:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #81 on: October 26, 2016, 08:33:52 PM »

Unlike those good old southern roaches.

:hide:
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #82 on: October 26, 2016, 11:39:06 PM »

Unlike those good old southern roaches.

:hide:
:fos:             :screwy:               :lies:

You do not know what you are talking about! NO such things exists. 

Met them, have you?

( Those hand sized flying cockroaches were supposed to be a secret!!  Thank you very much!! )

:laugh:

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #83 on: October 27, 2016, 08:00:47 PM »
Something died under our house. Day or two later I walk into the dining room and ohgodtheyreswarmingeverywhere. Much smashing was done that day. Somehow they got in through a crack in the wall or the floor, despite our best efforts to proof the place.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.