Educational

Author Topic: I Can't Stand Theresa May  (Read 1646 times)

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I do not have the right not to do so
Re: I Can't Stand Theresa May
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2016, 12:37:07 PM »
I liked Obama even though he reneged on some of his promises.

What'd you like best, his drone bombings of barbecues and funerals etc?  His spineless support for Israel's massacres?  Him coming close to sparking a nuclear war with Pakistan?  His help to destroy Libya, Syria and Yemen?  His continuation of wars in Iraq and Afghanistan? 
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

"When men lead by words that are false as they preach
Fatality waits in the wings
Surrounded by fools behind walls that are breached
Beware of the jester that sings"

Leeeeeaaaave Benji alooooooone!  :bigcry:

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2016, 04:17:54 PM »
Now I will admit freely to not having checked this, but I have read that the ONLY country which does not freely trade, and bugger the single market, with the EU, is north korea. The whole 'we would lose our ability to trade with the EU' thing sounds to me like scaremongering and frankly, complete, total and utter abject bollocks.

As to whether I love the leader of my country QV, as far as I am concerned we do not currently have one. We have a slimy little annelid of a parasitic nature and of a cretinous, most deeply unpleasant species. Some filthy little critter that evolved, regrettably so, in some vile little cave somewhere or other and which would be an excellent improvement of the country were she to fuck off back too whatever slime-festooned rock she slithered her way out from under and never come back out.

And the psychoactive substances bill is a disgusting monstrosity. The claim to be protecting the british people from harm is utter fucking guff. A moronic, ill thought out and selfserving pile of garbage. It specifically excludes caffeine, alcohol (ethanol, and presumably not other, non-taxed but consumable and indeed safer alcohols, such as for example, tertiary pentyl alcohol, which unlike EtOH does not get metabolized either to a toxic aldehyde (acetaldehyde in the case of EtOH) or some nasty ass, not so frankly toxic but all the same rotten hangover inducing ketone metabolite, in the case of iPA this would be acetone), tertiary alcohols do not easily undergo oxidation and whilst I do not remember if they are metabolized or excreted unchanged, 2-methyl-butan-2-ol is actually much less toxic, far more potent by weight (a beverage is unneeded, only dilution of the pure substance until it does not burn when tasted, the dose of the pure tert-amyl (amyl is just a synonym for pentyl, the 5-carbon radical giving rise to the alkane pentane, the various pentyl/amyl alcohols, alkenes the pentenes etc) alcohol is just a few milliliters, and I myself have tried it and found that the claim of its being hangover free are quite accurate. It was unlike alcohol quite pleasant actually to me ( I do drink ethyl alcohol on occasionally but am not much of a fan of getting soused on it, I do not despise people who do wish to as long as their conduct is not that of a dickhead when drunk, and indeed I have a beer open in front of me now, although its taken me from morning until nearly 10pm to drink but half of it. Drunk? not in the least, it has merely served to quench my thirst.

And when the govt are creaming off (read-baldly stealing from those who did work to earn the money they have from the tobacco and finished products containing it, the growers and shopkeepers) 98% of the entirety of the money coming from that tobacco, and are allowing, the highly taxed alcohol, and yet claiming to be protecting 'their' citizenry from the harm not just from established compounds and plant parts known either widely to be or that the bulk of evidence shows that responsibly used, or in the case of some things like weed, to be of very low to low or moderate harm potential, such as MDMA/MDA/methylone (methylone is the beta-ketone homolog of MDMA, as methcathinone is to methamphetamine, methylone is to MDMA. If one takes ephedrine/pseudoephedrine and reduces the beta-hydroxy group to a hydrocarbon, one has the drug methamphetamine, if one oxidizes it such as, and this method takes great care in the doing of, to avoid screwing it up and overoxidizing to the carboxylic acid, oxidizes using very dilute potassium permanganate over say 24 hours at cold temperatures (in the fridge will do) or perhaps pyridinium chromochromate would work then one has methcathinone, the alcoholic hydroxyl (C-OH) oxidized to a ketone (C-C=O)
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2016, 10:52:29 AM »
Sorry, did you have a point?

Just proving the rise of the 'far right' in Sweden.

So far they have surprisingly little influence. They've had a few scandals but no real say in anything.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2016, 11:02:34 AM »
The referendum has no legal standing whatsoever, but the parliament has to be involved if you wish to repeal legislation affecting domestic affairs. This is actually a fairly basic fact and one that Theresa May must have known about when she took office.

I think it's entirely reasonable that the parliament has a say on Brexit, actually.

And, although I have only just been made aware of it, the introduction in the paper proposing the legislation to enable the referendum clearly stated that it was advisory - presumably for parliament. Somehow, this seems to have been interpreted as binding in some way later on. My suspicion is that Dave set this up without any inkling of just how "wrong" it could go.

Oh yes, he never paused to think about the consequences because he wanted to score a cheap political point. I don't think anyone really thought it through, save for the think tanks that never had any real say.

I still find it odd that a government would consider such a radical change without allowing the parliament to have a say.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2016, 11:12:09 AM »
Now I will admit freely to not having checked this, but I have read that the ONLY country which does not freely trade, and bugger the single market, with the EU, is north korea. The whole 'we would lose our ability to trade with the EU' thing sounds to me like scaremongering and frankly, complete, total and utter abject bollocks.

You might want to read up on this before making assumptions. Wikipedia is a good start.

- Albert Einstein

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2016, 02:32:53 PM »

So far they have surprisingly little influence. They've had a few scandals but no real say in anything.

And I didn't say that had any influence, just that they are on the rise.  Keep flooding Sweden with flows of migrants and they will rise even faster. 
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2016, 02:34:36 PM »

And I didn't say that had any influence, just that they are on the rise.  Keep flooding Sweden with flows of migrants and they will rise even faster.

I guess you and the rest of the Party would know, eh?

- Albert Einstein

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2016, 02:43:08 PM »
Just seeing what you are blind to.  I don't know anything about the party, they're probably idiots, but you get what you deserve. 

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2016, 02:47:33 PM »
Ah, but you do know the ideology if not this particular instance.

- Albert Einstein

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2016, 03:05:11 PM »
I know if you have net migration figure of around 300,000, with people being poured in who aren't European, then you're going to have some serious problems. 

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2016, 04:19:59 PM »
Like your soulmates burning down the refugee housing.

- Albert Einstein

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #41 on: November 19, 2016, 11:16:43 AM »

For one I don't subscribe to violence and/or blaming immigrants.  Secondly, they aren't refugees. 

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #42 on: November 19, 2016, 02:25:02 PM »

For one I don't subscribe to violence and/or blaming immigrants.  Secondly, they aren't refugees.

What is the term you'd use for people who fled a country being torn apart? Holiday makers?

- Albert Einstein

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #43 on: November 20, 2016, 10:47:22 AM »

What is the term you'd use for people who fled a country being torn apart? Holiday makers?

For a start, there are lots that aren't "fleeing", they are illegal migrants trying to take advantage of the "refugee crisis".  The swarms of rapists that poured into Germany certainly weren't "refugees".  Also, once a refugee has found refuge in a safe country like Turkey or France, they are no longer "refugees".  Try and read that all slowly so it sinks in.  I know what the media has spoon fed you will be difficult for someone like you to ignore. 

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2016, 05:04:07 PM »

For a start, there are lots that aren't "fleeing", they are illegal migrants trying to take advantage of the "refugee crisis".  The swarms of rapists that poured into Germany certainly weren't "refugees".  Also, once a refugee has found refuge in a safe country like Turkey or France, they are no longer "refugees".  Try and read that all slowly so it sinks in.  I know what the media has spoon fed you will be difficult for someone like you to ignore.

:facepalm:

- Albert Einstein