Author Topic: I Can't Stand Theresa May  (Read 1643 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: I Can't Stand Theresa May
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2016, 05:26:06 PM »
It's funny how you simply abandon an earlier talking point whenever I prove you wrong. Here's the thing, though: there's not much to know about you, and what little there is I couldn't care less about. You, on the other hand, know as little about me as you do about the rest of the world, and it shows every time you post.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I do not have the right not to do so
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2016, 05:55:12 PM »
It's funny how you simply abandon an earlier talking point whenever I prove you wrong. Here's the thing, though: there's not much to know about you, and what little there is I couldn't care less about. You, on the other hand, know as little about me as you do about the rest of the world, and it shows every time you post.

Oh right, like what?  Funny coming from you when I've torn your posts apart and proved you wrong and then you just give up.  You have a short memory.  Keep going with the path you're on, feeding from the media like it's a drip.  Next your like will lose in France and then in Germany.  Who knows, if Sweden keeps destroying itself the right wing will rise there too  :hahaha:
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

"When men lead by words that are false as they preach
Fatality waits in the wings
Surrounded by fools behind walls that are breached
Beware of the jester that sings"

Leeeeeaaaave Benji alooooooone!  :bigcry:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2016, 04:08:37 AM »
:LMAO:

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2016, 03:21:04 AM »
Sorry, did you have a point?

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lord of the Ales

• Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Will work for beer
    • Last.fm thingy
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2016, 04:55:40 AM »
Back on topic, I can't stand her - I think she's evil. She's fucking soulless, utterly self-serving and an unpleasant careerist who will pander to unsavoury forces to further her own desires. Her instincts are illiberal and fly in the face of both evidence (as with the Psychoactive Substances Bill) and common decency (remember the 'fuck off home' vans? no wonder hate crimes have gone through the fucking roof since the referendum).

I've skipped most of the slanging match save to say I can't take anyone who uses the term remainiac seriously, it undermines whatever else your point was. I do agree that the rule of law must be respected as regards constitutional change, the result cannot simply be overturned but no mandate was given as to what form our exit from the EU should take and it is correct that this should be debated by our elected representatives and not simply decided by the likes of May and David fucking Davis ffs. The judges were simply upholding the law of the land, as they are duty bound to do.
arsebiscuits!

Retired despot, landlord and shitstirrer :deadhorse:

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2016, 06:57:24 AM »
Sorry, did you have a point?

Just proving the rise of the 'far right' in Sweden. 

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2016, 07:02:42 AM »
Back on topic, I can't stand her - I think she's evil. She's fucking soulless, utterly self-serving and an unpleasant careerist who will pander to unsavoury forces to further her own desires. Her instincts are illiberal and fly in the face of both evidence (as with the Psychoactive Substances Bill) and common decency (remember the 'fuck off home' vans? no wonder hate crimes have gone through the fucking roof since the referendum).

I've skipped most of the slanging match save to say I can't take anyone who uses the term remainiac seriously, it undermines whatever else your point was. I do agree that the rule of law must be respected as regards constitutional change, the result cannot simply be overturned but no mandate was given as to what form our exit from the EU should take and it is correct that this should be debated by our elected representatives and not simply decided by the likes of May and David fucking Davis ffs. The judges were simply upholding the law of the land, as they are duty bound to do.

Both Cameron and Osborne said leaving the EU would mean leaving the Single Market.  So we voted to leave the EU meaning we would leave the Single Market, now those fucking parasites are trying to wriggle their way out of it as they expected to win and had no plan ready for a leave vote.  One of the judges has been a pro EU activist for years, so I can understand the frustration. 

Offline Lord of the Ales

• Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Will work for beer
    • Last.fm thingy
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2016, 07:54:46 AM »
I can't agree. The referendum purely asked whether we should remain a member of the European Union, or leave. Many things were stated as facts by both camps during the campaign a good deal of which were untrue - and neither Cameron or Osborne are currently in a position to dictate the terms of anything - neither does the unelected prime minister have a mandate to do so. The judges are right - parliament must have a say. I have to wonder if the referendum were to be rerun - not that I am suggesting this - whether it would have the same outcome, given that the Brexit faction have shown that they also didn't have a coherent plan in the event that they won and that even the much repeated extra money for the NHS was quickly backtracked on after they won.
arsebiscuits!

Retired despot, landlord and shitstirrer :deadhorse:

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2016, 10:17:39 AM »
I can't agree. The referendum purely asked whether we should remain a member of the European Union, or leave. Many things were stated as facts by both camps during the campaign a good deal of which were untrue - and neither Cameron or Osborne are currently in a position to dictate the terms of anything - neither does the unelected prime minister have a mandate to do so. The judges are right - parliament must have a say. I have to wonder if the referendum were to be rerun - not that I am suggesting this - whether it would have the same outcome, given that the Brexit faction have shown that they also didn't have a coherent plan in the event that they won and that even the much repeated extra money for the NHS was quickly backtracked on after they won.

Yes, and leaving the EU means leaving the Single Market, as expressed by our Prime Minister and Chancellor at the time.  We're not talking about camps or sides, we're talking about the leader of the country and his right hand man.  May shouldn't even be in.  Cameron should have prepared for both outcomes, but the arrogant cunt and all his cronies and masters only prepared for one outcome, so fuck them all.  They can't wriggle out of this without all hell breaking loose.  Fuck what would happen if there was another vote, we've had the vote and won, despite the efforts of rancid lying, corporate dick suckers like Blair and Clegg.  This should never have gone to court.  If we had a Prime Minister who actually serves the people of the country, they would have triggered article 50 immediately, rather than purposely dithering and getting the court ruling to save them.  They could be delaying it to see what happens in the elections in France and Germany.  Hopefully the establishment gets smashed there too.  May has a mandate to do so, it's called the result of the referendum.  As I've said, a vote in parliament could be interesting and show who these MP's really work for.  A fucking rat like Miliband will have the choice of voting for his constituents who voted to leave the EU or vote for what the banks and the bureaucrats want.  These fucking traitors are bound to vote for us to be half out rather than half in.  It wasn't up to "the Brexit faction" to have a plan, it was up to the government and they just ran away in tears instead. 

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2016, 10:46:24 AM »
Does anyone love any leader of their nation?

(I, of course, am the exception.)
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2016, 11:34:26 AM »
I would if it was you  :worship:

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2016, 12:45:36 PM »
I liked Obama even though he reneged on some of his promises.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Teddybear

• Rookie (be kind to me)
  • Still thinking
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2016, 01:14:11 PM »
The referendum has no legal standing whatsoever, but the parliament has to be involved if you wish to repeal legislation affecting domestic affairs. This is actually a fairly basic fact and one that Theresa May must have known about when she took office.

I think it's entirely reasonable that the parliament has a say on Brexit, actually.

And, although I have only just been made aware of it, the introduction in the paper proposing the legislation to enable the referendum clearly stated that it was advisory - presumably for parliament. Somehow, this seems to have been interpreted as binding in some way later on. My suspicion is that Dave set this up without any inkling of just how "wrong" it could go.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2016, 01:39:56 PM »
I liked Obama even though he reneged on some of his promises.
His overall track record for keeping them is still probably good. Even among the failures and partial successes, there's not much he promised which wasn't actively pursued.