Author Topic: Crush  (Read 3220 times)

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Delicious and refreshing.
Re: Crush
« Reply #270 on: December 11, 2016, 01:07:07 PM »
  Cheap dates are possible.  One can go to museums, concerts, other cultural ... things.  :venus:

She can invite him over for Netflix and chill.  :zoinks:

With my family around? No way. :(

Do you all *really* think he isn't interested?
:dog:

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #271 on: December 11, 2016, 02:36:37 PM »
I would postpone dating till after this month too. December is packed and stressed. A date is stressed enough without a calendar filled with family obligations and shit.

Keep on chatting. See what happens in January. Maybe the two of you by then think friendship is a better option, maybe you'll date.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #272 on: December 11, 2016, 03:00:51 PM »
  Cheap dates are possible.  One can go to museums, concerts, other cultural ... things.  :venus:

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #273 on: December 13, 2016, 08:23:40 PM »
I just had another conversation with him. I was just to the point (nothing unusual there) and said I felt like our friend might have pushed him into it. He joked about it, among a great many other things. I told him that I could be intense and that he'd have to let me know if he wanted me to leave him alone because I can't tell. He said "Deal. Same back."

I can't believe he would be that talkative if he didn't like me. He keeps sending clips of his voice reactions (they're funny) and finds YouTube videos to back up his jokes too. I think I may be onto something here.

He said he was shy and skittish, and doesn't always reply. So I gathered, well, actually I asked him if I could talk to him whenever I wanted and keep talking and he said sure. So that means I get his permission to pester him. :D Yay!

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #274 on: December 14, 2016, 12:53:30 PM »

:rofl:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #275 on: December 14, 2016, 07:46:23 PM »
I would postpone dating till after this month too. December is packed and stressed. A date is stressed enough without a calendar filled with family obligations and shit.

Keep on chatting. See what happens in January. Maybe the two of you by then think friendship is a better option, maybe you'll date.

That.
...and any holiday interaction with extended family at this point in time in your friendship can be lethal.  :LOL:

I didn't have any holiday interaction with my ex's family until we were engaged...which I don't ever recommend doing either. 

I spent the next day going...
"OMG, OMG, WTF am I doing?"
"WTH is wrong with these people?"
 :GA: :facepalm2: :GA: :facepalm2:

We are still together somehow, but they are 90% of the reason we ended up divorced.  :LOL:

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #276 on: December 15, 2016, 01:20:10 AM »

That.
...and any holiday interaction with extended family at this point in time in your friendship can be lethal.  :LOL:

I didn't have any holiday interaction with my ex's family until we were engaged...which I don't ever recommend doing either. 

I spent the next day going...
"OMG, OMG, WTF am I doing?"
"WTH is wrong with these people?"
 :GA: :facepalm2: :GA: :facepalm2:

We are still together somehow, but they are 90% of the reason we ended up divorced.  :LOL:

Wow. I can completely see that, families are fucking judgemental and are a nightmare. They put all these ridiculous expectations on you that they never would on other people close to them. It's always on the partner of their offspring. They are unreasonable.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #277 on: December 15, 2016, 10:54:57 PM »
My first BF, I had the weirdly cool experience of getting along with his family, especially his mother. They invited me to their Christmas the first year and treated me like one of them. I think his mother dreamed of having a daughter and ended up with only boys.

Shame it didn't last. WolFish's family on the other hand...  :zombiefuck:
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #278 on: December 16, 2016, 02:33:18 AM »
Kayleigh's family treat me like one of them too. They are on the other side of the country and I have only been there three times, but they have always made my stays memorable in a good way. I wish we were going there this Christmas.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #279 on: December 16, 2016, 05:51:31 AM »
Kayleigh's family treat me like one of them too. They are on the other side of the country and I have only been there three times, but they have always made my stays memorable in a good way. I wish we were going there this Christmas.

You seem as if you would be a likable addition to a family Christmas.  :hug:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #280 on: December 16, 2016, 02:29:37 PM »
I take back all that I said earlier in this thread.

There...simple.

I just want someone to show a big deal of interest in *me*, actually listen to *ME* and don't mess me about. DON'T IGNORE ME...EVER.

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #281 on: December 16, 2016, 02:30:35 PM »
And to my friends: Don't set me up with someone who "doesn't respond for several DAYS". What's the matter with people???

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #282 on: December 16, 2016, 10:41:24 PM »

You seem as if you would be a likable addition to a family Christmas.  :hug:
Thank you, that's a very nice thing to say. Don't you wish you could be with whoever you want for Christmas?
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae