Educational

Author Topic: Okay I watched all three Presidential debates...  (Read 648 times)

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
Okay I watched all three Presidential debates...
« on: October 20, 2016, 07:19:58 AM »
(Disclaimer: I hate Hillary BUT I thin she is very smart and polished)

The first Presidential debate:

I don't know whether Trump was unprepared or underestimating Hillary or did not know the process but he lost this one. He miscued and looked a little out of his depth. To be honest I watched this cringing a bit.
I was expecting Hillary to be passing out or coughing or having seizure. She did not . She was on form. She...I dunno..."let him off". I don't quite know how to explain it.
Hillary put in a well-rounded and decent performance. She did not kill it though. Trump did enough to get some telling blows in on occasion but mainly floundered.

Trump 6/10
Hillary 7.5/10

Second Presidential debate

Trump adapted..big league. Backed into a corner over his trump tapes and with the walls closing in on him, he came out swinging. He went on the front foot and turned defense into offense as Mike Pence had done. He smashed it. I was gobsmacked that this was the same guy as the first debate.
Hillary despite what many said, did NOT do badly. SHE got a few blows in there and was not overshadowed by Trump. She did look a bit rattled though. She was not dominant.
Trump seemed on edge by "relatively" composed. She was relatively composed too. He took this one but not by much.

Hillary 6
Trump 7

Third and final debate

The waffling and awkwardness and constant interruptions (well aware there were a few) were not there. He was quieter and more collected. He says that he does not use drugs. man took a HUGE chill pill from the first two debates. He slammed home point after point. A lot of the derailed off the topic pointless rambling which was the staple of the first and featured in the second was not there this debate. he actually did something he did not do in the first two and that Hillary did in each debate. He looked Presidential.
Hillary? I watched Hillary and saw her smile her "Oh fuck you" smile and waited for the big bomb. I waited and waited. Much of what she said got deflected and deflated. Though there were some decent blows like the Chinese Steel to build the Trump buildings and such. But the big one was who he has talked shit about. Everything is rigged. The judge is bad, the Miss universe woman bad and so on. Everyone is bad. She rolled it out and it IS divisive. But in honesty, it was not a lot. Immigration I think she did FAR better than I thought she would. She also did not do as badly as I thought in National security.
Trump killed this one. He smashed it. He did not press as far as he could of and naturally the press will make a lot of noise about him saying that he would not say as to whether he would accept the vote (with the proven vote rigging, I am not surprise he would think of doing a Bob Dole).

Hillary 6
Trump 8

Now in real terms THIS SHOULD be Hillary's domain. Hillary has no personality or stadium filling presence or whatever. Debates should be where she shows how much better she is with her knowledge and experience. She should shave 3 points off Trump and add that 3 points onto her and if she fails so badly..I dunno?

Trump will gain an upswing from this 3 weeks out. It is unforgivable. Press and pollsters will have to double down harder to nullify that. If Trump can maintain his level of energy? I dunno this is right down the wire again
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
Re: Okay I watched all three Presidential debates...
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2016, 09:03:54 AM »
I caught some of it, couldn't watch all of it.

In round 1 Trump seemed unprepared and unprofessional and I think it cost him.

Trump's intimidation tactics of looming behind Hillary in Round 2...I found sickening and amusing at the same time.

All in all I skipped round 3, because Trump reminds me of a 4 yr old having a temper tantrum and whining about losing an election that hasn't happened yet.

I think if he could have conducted this election in a level-headed professional manner like a business and not a performance act, and refrained from insulting every available minority possible, he probably would have had it sewn up.

I seriously think he has alienated too many, and I'm betting on a huge minority turn out on election day.

The Trump supporters here are easy to spot, they are usually the loud, proud, god-fearing, judgemental, white upper middle class that you avoid in the grocery store  :blah:  :blah:...they decorate their lawns with a gazillion signs broadcasting their devotion.  But for every 3 of them I see, there are 10 others keeping silent. Many just aren't talking.

Never trust the silent ones...

However it goes, I hope we never see another election like it.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2016, 10:03:14 AM »

Never trust the silent ones...

Truer words never said
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2016, 11:52:46 PM »
I think you must have watched something else than the debates.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2016, 04:36:01 AM »
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I do not have the right not to do so
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2016, 09:42:22 AM »
The presenters have been very biased and let Hilary get away with dodging questions and have cut Trump off more often.  Hilary should be locked away.  She's the most sickening and evil candidate in history.  If she loves women so much then why has she taken so much money from Saudi Arabia where women are not allowed to drive and are punished for being raped?  Why's she sold them weapons that are used to bomb schools and hospitals in Yemen?  Why has she funded ISIS and other Jihadi groups?  Why does she laugh and brag about getting a guy's sentence reduced, who beat and raped a 12 year old girl?  It goes on and on. 
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

"When men lead by words that are false as they preach
Fatality waits in the wings
Surrounded by fools behind walls that are breached
Beware of the jester that sings"

Leeeeeaaaave Benji alooooooone!  :bigcry:

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2016, 09:45:31 AM »
And she goes on about Trump being racist?  :lol1:  An impartial media would let people know these things about her and not let her get away with compulsive lying.  I would like to ask how she's got the nerve to think she can get away with all of this, but people are fucking morons who are more upset about what Trump said on a bus 10 years ago.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2016, 03:05:42 PM »
I couldn't care less about what he said 10 years ago on a bus.

The man is running for the highest official office in this country and he behaves like a 4 yr old.

I wouldn't trust him leading a boy scout troop, let alone a country.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2016, 03:26:06 AM »
Just imagine the things he could say in the oval locker room. :zoinks:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2016, 01:35:43 PM »
I couldn't care less about what he said 10 years ago on a bus.

The man is running for the highest official office in this country and he behaves like a 4 yr old.

I wouldn't trust him leading a boy scout troop, let alone a country.

At least he's transparent.  Hilary is having her temper tantrums when the camera is off at the prospect of being punished for her endless crimes. 

Offline FourAceDeal

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2016, 05:08:58 PM »
If I walked into a restaurant and there was only two things on the menu, a shit salad, or a shit sandwich, I would not be trying to intellectualise an arguement as to which I will be ordering for lunch.  Instead I would be changing fucking restaurants.

Your system is broken and you are too dumb to notice.  This is not how intelligent people do politics.  Seriously.  Everyone is laughing at you.  Sorry.  It's the truth.  You are a laughing stock.  Even the French do politics better than this.  For fuck sake.
Ever got that feeling that you're trying to teach a dog a card trick?

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2016, 05:48:17 PM »
 :zoinks:

:gopher:

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2016, 08:39:20 PM »
If I walked into a restaurant and there was only two things on the menu, a shit salad, or a shit sandwich, I would not be trying to intellectualise an arguement as to which I will be ordering for lunch.  Instead I would be changing fucking restaurants.

Your system is broken and you are too dumb to notice.  This is not how intelligent people do politics.  Seriously.  Everyone is laughing at you.  Sorry.  It's the truth.  You are a laughing stock.  Even the French do politics better than this.  For fuck sake.

Trust me some of us know. We are a global laughing stock. :facepalm2:

But we also know unless lightening strikes both of them or the masses miraculously wise up and oust them both, we're going to end up stuck with one of them holding the keys to the nukes for the next 4 years.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2016, 08:48:27 PM »
Some of us got out just in time.  :green:
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2016, 09:34:26 PM »
Some of us got out just in time.  :green:

You wouldn't be interested in some hillbilly neighbors would you?  ;)