Educational

Author Topic: Could be Trump?  (Read 19424 times)

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
Re: Could be Trump?
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2016, 02:49:56 AM »
An asshole for president. Yippee. :facepalm2:

Try and educate yourself a bit regarding Clinton, then you won't be as upset.  She's a lying psychopath and could have led you to war with Russia.

So if you didn't want Clinton you had another 280 million people to choose from.  And Trump was the best you could come up with?

You don't mind the racism?
You don't mind the misogyny?

Just what is it about his personality that you so much admire?

I disagree. I think for many reasons he was likely the ONLY person who could have beaten Hillary on the Republican side. Before you scoff, come up with a name....any name.

I do not like Trump as much as I dislike Hillary and I am glad she is out. But Trump is not just NOT Hillary. He has a little bit more going for him. He has some half-way decent ideas. He has a dislike of the right people and right things.

Now does THAT in itself translate to him being Presidential or being able to achieve anything? No. Not necessarily. I do think that if he surrounds himself with the right people and being a little more measured, he can get some decent outcomes. I think Pence is more of a concern. For example, Trump is live and let live with Gay people, Pence would prefer they had conversion therapy. Stuff like that.

I do not feel nearly as worried about him in the White House as I did with Hillary Clinton. I am a little relieved.

As to him being portrayed as a monster in some places and a saint in others and a racist and a misogynist in some and a Saint in the others, I think he is not so easy to pigeon hole. I have heard atrocious reports and wonderful reports. Some showing him to be a decent, kind and gentle man with man

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3514893/Donald-Trump-shares-emotional-moment-dying-ex-Miss-Wisconsin-rally-GOP-runner-wrote-hospice-home-care.html

http://www.jta.org/1988/07/20/archive/orthodox-child-with-rare-ailment-is-rescued-aboard-tycoons-jet

http://conservativetribune.com/what-trump-did-to-jews-blacks/

Yet it is easy enough to find things to play up bad things about him.

They all seem to contradict each other and people WANT a cardboard cutout to tear down or flesh out. The real man is likely to be somewhere between a Saint and a monster, and probably closer to the middle than most would credit.

And no I am not trying to appeal to your reason Four Ace because I do not think you are equipped with such faculties. But I think it is worth saying to others here.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline FourAceDeal

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2016, 03:07:47 AM »
Before you scoff, come up with a name....any name.

Get your local phone book out.  Flick through the pages.  Stop!  Now run your thumb down the page.  Stop!  Give them a ring.

I offer you my original analysis.  When you have the choice between eating a shit sandwich and eating a shit salad you should change the restaurant.
Ever got that feeling that you're trying to teach a dog a card trick?

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2016, 05:25:01 AM »

Get your local phone book out.  Flick through the pages.  Stop!  Now run your thumb down the page.  Stop!  Give them a ring.

I offer you my original analysis.  When you have the choice between eating a shit sandwich and eating a shit salad you should change the restaurant.

There we go. You think Hillary was easy to beat. Anyone could have beaten her. She with the DNC, the POTUS, Media, Hollywood, Establishment GOP, and about 60% of the country on side BEFORE the election even got started....and you believe ANYONE in the phone book could have beaten her.

To make this concept even more ridiculous, anyone in any phone book I may have is based in Australia and thus ineligible to run for President BUT were they not, for reasons already stated they would have lost.

No he was the only person that ticked all the boxes. Not an ideal choice BUT the only one that could have won....and America desperately needed her to lose.

"No, you can't always get what you want
You can't always get what you want
But if you try sometime you find
You get what you need"
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline FourAceDeal

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2016, 07:58:41 AM »

There we go. You think Hillary was easy to beat. Anyone could have beaten her. She with the DNC, the POTUS, Media, Hollywood, Establishment GOP, and about 60% of the country on side BEFORE the election even got started....and you believe ANYONE in the phone book could have beaten her.

To make this concept even more ridiculous, anyone in any phone book I may have is based in Australia and thus ineligible to run for President BUT were they not, for reasons already stated they would have lost.

No he was the only person that ticked all the boxes. Not an ideal choice BUT the only one that could have won....and America desperately needed her to lose.

You get what you need"

This was all about the Brexit effect and the mass rejection of the condecending liberal elite message from the media.  OK.  Maybe not some random, but any talking head could have beaten Hilary with decent backing.  Enough people were so sick of the status quo they would have voted for any alternative with a pulse.

It's best explained by Jonathon Pie.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2016, 08:04:12 AM »

You get what you need"

This was all about the Brexit effect and the mass rejection of the condecending liberal elite message from the media.  OK.  Maybe not some random, but any talking head could have beaten Hilary with decent backing.  Enough people were so sick of the status quo they would have voted for any alternative with a pulse.

Yes...like the $100 000 000 backed Jeb Bush?

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I do not have the right not to do so
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2016, 11:40:46 AM »
Walkie- I think you get confused by left and right.  Trump is right wing, socially and economically.  Some of the people here you talk about being on the right are just right wing economically but are neomulticulturalists and demand mass immigration.

Yeah, i know that Trump is right wing, because
A) he's a Republican (that's their right-wing party, right? Like the Tory party here), and
B) It's written all over him.
I don't know where I suggested otherwise? 

As for neomulticulturists, well, I see no contradiction whatsoever in right-wing "multiculturism". Free movement of labour is very good for industry (in terms of reducing wages etc) and also supplies a ready source of scapegoats, if required. Also, anyone who sees through that scam and grumbles about it can be easily dismissed as racist...just  so long as they're white (and if all you get to see is the bare statistics, then it's easy-as-pie to assume they're all white).

But then you live in the South, right? So you don't get to mingle with so many of Brirtain's poor folk as i do, because the South belongs to the relatively sucessful, by-and-large. Well, believe you me, we come in all colours, and most of the recent immigrants are as alarmed and depressed by the situation they find themselves in as the natives are; and nobody wants more and more people pouring into London, only to be shunted up North when they can't pay their rent.   People are losing their homes because they can't pay their rent up here, too. There are quite simply not enough homes, not enough work, not enough resources, not enough of anything to go round.

And i'm not just talking theoretically, out-of my arse. I've worked alongside  immigrants of all races and watched most of them  go from bright-eyed-and-bushy-tailed, cos they've come to the "Land of Opprtunity" to anxious and depressed within a matter of weeks, as they figure out that it takes something more than a willingness to work hard to make it in this country; and that whatever it takes they haven't got it. I've also come within a hair's breadth of being out on the street myself. Twice.  Once whilst working, then once again after having my benefits stopped.

You think immigrants are grateful to share in our "privileged lifestyle"?  No, they're not, aside from the minority who manage to become hammers rather than nails. They are human beings just like the rest of us, and they usually do figure out that they've been had.  And they usually do very much n notice that they are being treated like dirt by the bosses... not because they're immigrants, I hasten to add, but just because most  bosses can and do treat unskilled workers like dirt (There always plenty more queing up to take their place, if they don't like it).  And they do find the prospect of dying of cold on the streets every bit as  as discomforting as you or I would.

I've had African and Middle Eastern people tell me -in shocked tones- "This is slavery" . They might have  had it really hard , in various ways,  back home, but at least they got treated with respect.   It's really interesting to get an outside perspective on that kind of thing. We native Brits have serfdom in our blood, and are more accepting of exploitation and mistreatment than most of those immigrants are.

So you prove my point.  The socially minded right are completely against mass immigration and multiculturalism.  Though yes, even lots of them blame the immigrants rather than immigration. 
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

"When men lead by words that are false as they preach
Fatality waits in the wings
Surrounded by fools behind walls that are breached
Beware of the jester that sings"

Leeeeeaaaave Benji alooooooone!  :bigcry:

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2016, 11:46:08 AM »

Try and educate yourself a bit regarding Clinton, then you won't be as upset.  She's a lying psychopath and could have led you to war with Russia.

I did ed-u-ma-cate myself regarding Clinton :tard:...and the thing is 85% of our politicians are lying psychopaths.

I didn't want either one actually.

...and as for a war with Russia, now they have no need for conflict of any sorts...don't you think the one of the easiest ways to control a country is to endorse an idiot to run it?

All hail our new leaders leader.

Then you would know that Clinton is a million times worse and the media were hell bent on getting elected and completely ignored the fact that she called for a wall to be built to stop Mexicans 10 years, was against gay marriage until recently and then lied about it, supported every war from Kosovo to Yemen, helped to put sanctions on Iraq which killed hundreds of thousands of children, laughed and bragged about getting a child rapist's sentence reduced, laughed about destroying Libya, laughed about the prospect of going to war with Iran, takes millions from the Saudis that punish rape victims and don't let women drive, admitted in private that she puts on a different face in public and robbed the candidacy from Bernie Sanders?  Just checking.
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2016, 11:51:12 AM »

So if you didn't want Clinton you had another 280 million people to choose from.  And Trump was the best you could come up with?

You don't mind the racism?
You don't mind the misogyny?

Just what is it about his personality that you so much admire?

Trump got there cause he could fund his own campaign, if it wasn't him it'd have been Jeb Bush.  The system wouldn't allow someone who takes the system on unless they can fund themselves. 

Fuck this identity politics shit. 

I admire him having the guts to say stuff that takes balls of steel to say.  Fuck that fake cunt Hillary who says one thing in public and pretends to be for 'equalityyyy" but holds different views in private.  Anyone who voted for her thinking she was against racism etc is a fucking moron. 

I would have voted for Trump purely on his stance in Syria, fighting with Assad and Putin rather than against them. 

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2016, 11:52:51 AM »

I did ed-u-ma-cate myself regarding Clinton :tard:...

Oh come off it IQ. it's a well-known fact that anyone who disagrees with Benji must be under-educated.  :autism:

I didn't mean that, I'm talking about specific issue.  I'll repeat, if anyone voted for Hillary because they think she stands for all the 'liberal' tripe she spewed out, then yes they are a fucking imbecile. 

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2016, 11:56:40 AM »

You get what you need"

I love Pie, but he's wrong about Sanders.  Ryan Dawson explains it better.

Offline FourAceDeal

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2016, 06:00:27 PM »

Yes...like the $100 000 000 backed Jeb Bush?

I need medical proof that Jeb Bush has a pulse.  But I get your arguement.  Jeb Bush.  He's a fucking enigma.  I think his family give him the money to run just to get him out of the house for a while.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2016, 06:09:43 PM »
Maybe not some random, but any talking head could have beaten Hilary with decent backing. 
Do agree than any other republican candidate could have stood a better chance at winning than trump. That's probably why many people have believed all along he was never intended to win. It may very well speak to the notion the US simply isn't ready for a female president, if a seasoned politician can't beat someone with no political experience at all. Then again, have said before, not being a politician may have been the main thing Trump had working in his favor.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2016, 06:54:42 PM »
Maybe not some random, but any talking head could have beaten Hilary with decent backing. 
Do agree than any other republican candidate could have stood a better chance at winning than trump. That's probably why many people have believed all along he was never intended to win. It may very well speak to the notion the US simply isn't ready for a female president, if a seasoned politician can't beat someone with no political experience at all. Then again, have said before, not being a politician may have been the main thing Trump had working in his favor.

Hell No. Trump dissected all of them with relative ease but in Hillary it was a back and forth arm wrestle. Hillary would have eviscerated them.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2016, 07:01:36 PM »

Hell No. Trump dissected all of them with relative ease but in Hillary it was a back and forth arm wrestle. Hillary would have eviscerated them.
That's entirely possible. Though I still think it's a valid consideration she might have lost to most anyone because she's female.

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2016, 07:02:22 PM »
The corporate machine probably wanted Trump to be the candidate, as they are that smug and out of touch, they thought that they could get Trump with all the ists and isms and their champion murderer Clinton would shine through.  But instead, she was so smug and arrogant that she had a celebration party planned weeks before, didn't have a concession speech and spent the next day after losing crying inconsolably in her hotel room  :hahaha: