Author Topic: A very British thread  (Read 1781 times)

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
Re: A very British thread
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2016, 06:07:11 AM »
Actually, after much prevarication, I decided to PM a few people. A meet-up thread should follow soon-ish
-Walkie  :)

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2016, 06:08:38 AM »
Wouldn't pm-ing to multiple Brits, and answering to all make it work?
But even if I gave myself that job, I wouldn't like to pore through everybody's posts, looking  for clues as to which of the members are Brits (ssems to be the only way, ATM) , And I expect I'd miss some, that way.   And I definitely wouldn't have cheek to expect it if somebody else. So I'm looking for ways to make it easier than than that,   One might reasonably hope that most of the Brits would pop into a Brit sub-forum to say Hi. So that simplifies that task immensely.
-Walkie

Let's make a thread for you. :P

Maybe an admin can sticky it one day, if it happens to be handy or popular.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2016, 06:09:40 AM »
Actually, after much prevarication, I decided to PM a few people. A meet-up thread should follow soon-ish

So, my efforts were not needed?

Offline Walkie

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2016, 06:24:17 AM »

Ummm, didn't mean to cause offense. Check the timestamps. We were posting simultaneously *chuckle*
Ummm, on the other hand I was trying to forestall some other foreigner from trying to make it look like we Brits can't organise a piss-up in a brewery for ourselves :rofl:
Not that I'm ungrateful. i was fawningly grateful to Pappy already, see? But  , weeelll, ya can see how it looks huh?

-Walkie :)

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2016, 06:32:22 AM »

Ummm, didn't mean to cause offense. Check the timestamps. We were posting simultaneously *chuckle*
Ummm, on the other hand I was trying to forestall some other foreigner from trying to make it look like we Brits can't organise a piss-up in a brewery for ourselves :rofl:
Not that I'm ungrateful. i was fawningly grateful to Pappy already, see? But  , weeelll, ya can see how it looks huh?

-Walkie :)

I was teasing you. Both in creating the thread, and in asking if I had made in in vain. Realised you posted while I was writing my post.

Do post pictures after the meetup. Pappy nor I will be able do that.

Offline Walkie

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2016, 07:40:48 AM »
I am going to plus you for this hyke, cos I don't do negs :angel:

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2016, 08:56:27 AM »
I am going to plus you for this hyke, cos I don't do negs :angel:

I do like to occasionally neg Jack, to get her back to her beloved balanced zero.

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2017, 06:09:06 PM »
Did you ever have a British meet-up?

Offline Walkie

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2017, 01:53:20 AM »
Sadly, no, Scrap. 

People just coulsdn't manage the same times abnd places. Couldn't get so much as two, besides myself and TeddyBear., no matter how hard i tried to compromise and tweak  things. It only resulted in a shedload of pointless PMs   We were going to try again in the Spring (because I pretty much go into hibernation over winter)  But then, TeddyBear died in the Spring.

I think somebody else will have to take over now. I won't get far without Teddy Bear , given my mobility issues, so now I probably have to count myself out , unless we meet up in my towm (I could stretch to taxi fares for that) . But that's surely not a reasonable thing to ask.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 01:57:31 AM by Walkie »

Offline Walkie

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2017, 02:03:24 AM »
PS Thanks for a surprisingly pointful necrobump, Scrap.  I had meant to post an update about that, but it slipped my mind

Offline FourAceDeal

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2017, 06:31:03 AM »
Sadly, no, Scrap. 

People just coulsdn't manage the same times abnd places. Couldn't get so much as two, besides myself and TeddyBear., no matter how hard i tried to compromise and tweak  things. It only resulted in a shedload of pointless PMs   We were going to try again in the Spring (because I pretty much go into hibernation over winter)  But then, TeddyBear died in the Spring.

I think somebody else will have to take over now. I won't get far without Teddy Bear , given my mobility issues, so now I probably have to count myself out , unless we meet up in my towm (I could stretch to taxi fares for that) . But that's surely not a reasonable thing to ask.

I'm in Worcestershire, about 15 miles south of Birmingham.

What town is your town?
Ever got that feeling that you're trying to teach a dog a card trick?

Offline Walkie

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2017, 10:28:54 AM »
Sadly, no, Scrap. 

I'm in Worcestershire, about 15 miles south of Birmingham.

What town is your town?

we had this discussion by PM, last year (woot! my memory is better than yours)
I live in Coventry, not far from you at all , as the crow flies.  I don't suppose you're planning on flying like a crow, though  :LOL:

Offline Walkie

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2017, 10:30:47 AM »
PS, IIRC, we established that's too far North for half of the members, and too far South for the rest *sigh* And the cost of fucking trains was a big issue for everyone,  wherever we stuck the pin in the map . Oh!"  And I had a hard time persuading Teddybear to go anywwhere near a train station, because he hates cities, especialyl parking in cities  (Yep he did live in the same City as myself, but he lived at the leafy end , and was constantly verging on moving to the country) And then two - count 'em two whole people, yippee - suddenly  said that London's good for them -  Aaargh.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 10:41:26 AM by Walkie »

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2017, 03:14:18 PM »
Too far outside my comfort zone.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2019, 05:46:20 PM »
Twenty-something hours for me to get to England.

If my company sends me to Belgium for our next big project then it's likely I can do a stopover in London. But it's more likely that only the senior managers will fly over to hobnob and when it comes time to actually nut out the detailed requirements I will have to do it from here on some kind of Skype equivalent in the middle of the night. Full of red bull.

I fucking hate flying. Too tall and too wide.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass