Educational

Author Topic: Dumb question about board privacy  (Read 3332 times)

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
Re: Dumb question about board privacy
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2016, 09:17:08 PM »
In 5 more posts, you can become an elder and have access to the most private board here.

Just spam senseless shit like the rest of us do.
Not that old chestnut, again  Scrappy.
I already have access. Have had access for years  but I'm honourably resisting  spying on you guys, cos some asshole (and can't recall which one, I really can't)  started a drama about my premature admission.
Hopefully that drama died down. Ooh well it must have , cos nobody notices I have da title anymore, let alone recalling the drama.

Anyways, another 2 posts, and I officially stop sulking  about it. :)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 09:18:51 PM by DrunkardsWalk »

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2016, 09:23:14 PM »
In my opinion, what counts as published is what the lawyers can get away with attacking. It's so heavily dependent on whether the publisher or owner of the copyright for the media is litigious. If it's a traditional publisher... will they care enough to look? What will they use to search, your name, portions of the text? Is the place where you posted it googleable? That matters so much more than the "official" definition of is it available on the internet. As far as I could tell from researching it once, if it was on a blog even if set to private, it counted as published by the letter of the definition. But they shouldn't find that.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Walkie

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2016, 09:31:26 PM »
In my opinion, what counts as published is what the lawyers can get away with attacking. It's so heavily dependent on whether the publisher or owner of the copyright for the media is litigious. If it's a traditional publisher... will they care enough to look? What will they use to search, your name, portions of the text? Is the place where you posted it googleable? That matters so much more than the "official" definition of is it available on the internet. As far as I could tell from researching it once, if it was on a blog even if set to private, it counted as published by the letter of the definition. But they shouldn't find that.

Ooooo . The Gods of this board have granted me an intelligent , informative reply   :worship:   Thanks, Pyraxis  :)
It's my own shit ofc so I wouldn't seriously anticipate any issues, but I'm an Aspie, right? I like to know where I stand.

Now, will you all stop tempting me to make that final post and hit 500?
I've got rather attached to my anomaly by now

-Walkie
(outcast Elder, bravely wandering the perilous jungles  beyond  the safe refuge of the Eder's Forum )

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2016, 09:37:20 PM »
I'd sooner question your dubious taste in posting any of it in this cesspit.  :LOL:
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2016, 11:40:09 PM »
Don't count on privacy, though. Just sayin'.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Walkie

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2016, 03:05:12 PM »
I'd sooner question your dubious taste in posting any of it in this cesspit.  :LOL:

and a highly valid question it would be  :LOL:

let's just say i'm reckless, hmm...but , hang on, not completely and utterly reckless. You notice I'm not actually doing as yet (if ever), just mulling it over.

Offline MLA

• Elitest Aspie of the Aspie Elite
  • Modulator
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • The internet isn't a library, it's a stage.
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2016, 11:02:41 AM »

:MLA:

Published means transmitted from one person to another with the intent that the other person receives the information.  Even an email will qualify as publication, under most state statutes regarding defamation.

Is someone going to defame someone?

:popcorn:
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 11:11:41 AM by Esquire »

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2016, 04:29:43 PM »
Yes. :zoinks:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Walkie

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2016, 04:44:38 PM »

:MLA:

Published means transmitted from one person to another with the intent that the other person receives the information.  Even an email will qualify as publication, under most state statutes regarding defamation.

Always. But not me  :angel:.

I have my own dumbass reasons, and don't really anticipate legal action or anything like that. Sorry to disappoint.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2016, 05:36:40 PM »

It's about copyright, not defamation. As in some publishers having a clause about right of first publication, ie they will not publish a work that has been published prior.

Offline Walkie

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2016, 05:42:00 PM »
and once again Pyraxis deftly bursts all the pretty bubbles  >:D

Offline MLA

• Modulator
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2016, 09:23:32 AM »

It's about copyright, not defamation. As in some publishers having a clause about right of first publication, ie they will not publish a work that has been published prior.

How can you tell why he is asking?  I can't suss it out from this thread.

And defamation is more fun  :zoinks:

Offline Walkie

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2016, 02:36:24 PM »

Yeah, I know defamation is more fun . That why I said sorry to disppoint (or whatever I said)
And who is the "he" of whom you speak?  If you mean me, wrong gender. In which case , the answer to your question would be that Intensity isn't the only mode of communication between Spazzes , ya know? (and thank goodness)

Offline MLA

• Modulator
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2016, 03:53:09 PM »

Yeah, I know defamation is more fun . That why I said sorry to disppoint (or whatever I said)
And who is the "he" of whom you speak?  If you mean me, wrong gender. In which case , the answer to your question would be that Intensity isn't the only mode of communication between Spazzes , ya know? (and thank goodness)

But Spazzes do get that other spazzes can't follow .... oh never mind.  :asthing:

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2016, 03:56:13 PM »

It's in the OP.