Author Topic: Hello  (Read 5738 times)

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
Re: Hello
« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2018, 04:21:11 AM »
Now I wonder if her getting hacked is part of other stuff that made her disappear.

Some people I just want to know from if they are OK, because of the weird way they vanish. Semicolon is another one.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2018, 07:32:22 AM »
Some people I just want to know from if they are OK, because of the weird way they vanish. Semicolon is another one.
Agreed. Semicolon disappeared before and never explained why. Knowing he was okay seemed good enough.

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2018, 05:55:06 PM »
I think her email was hacked some years ago. I've received those emails, too. They were not from her.

From a legitimate email address from a legitimate business from the 'name' she gave me?

Sure, we've all had some experience of gremlins getting into our email inbox IRL. My point is, the email address it came from was not a fake email address, her name must have been in their system, as were our email addresses. No one seems interested, that's fine.

It's led me to assume Callaway was not who she said she was. OR, someone here created a total fake hack of her in another state than what she told us she was in. I also found out some real interesting stuff from the email addresses in that email, which make me think yes, it was linked to her, not a hacker.

So that's my assumptions. If no one is interested, that's fine. I tried.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2018, 03:08:22 AM »
They were from a legit address and name, but not from her.

It's entirely possible to spoof an email address, which probably was the case here. I doubt it was her actual account sending out emails, but it's hard to say. The other emails on the cc list suggest that her email was hacked - they were probably part of an address book.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2018, 12:56:38 PM »
What did the emails say?  :orly:
:gopher:

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #50 on: November 11, 2018, 07:09:49 PM »
They were from a legit address and name, but not from her.

It's entirely possible to spoof an email address, which probably was the case here. I doubt it was her actual account sending out emails, but it's hard to say. The other emails on the cc list suggest that her email was hacked - they were probably part of an address book.

Not saying she herself sent that specific email - not at all. I'm suggesting she worked at the place that they came from - or had something to do with that place. That may not be the case. Either way, I have a whole lot of personal info on members, that I wish to do nothing with, however, the email addresses link me to their real names, LinkedIn profiles, for example. So yeah.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #51 on: November 12, 2018, 01:02:07 AM »
I see your point. I don't know what to do with any of this information, though, beyond what I've already done. It remains a mystery.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein