Educational

Author Topic: Music specific anhedonia!  (Read 1869 times)

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
Re: Music specific anhedonia!
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2016, 05:54:38 AM »
I used to really love music...couldn't live a day without it almost...but my life is full of hyper, talkative people now...so I find myself craving silence more than anything else.

I turn the radio off a lot anymore. Sometimes it's soothing, sometimes it's just one more noise and my senses are screaming already.

Oddly enough, I prefer to have the radio off at work, though Boss Lady insists that it stay on.  ::)
  That's because I want the music that I like, and listening to the same Top 40 stuff over and over
  all day doesn't work for me.  Also, the kitchen is a noisy place, which impairs my ability to
  hear people speaking, and sometimes the radio is just more noise, as it is for you. 
  It also drowns out the songs I'm trying to play in my head.  :(
« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 07:14:25 PM by "couldbecousin" »
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2016, 05:57:01 AM »
  Currently in heavy rotation in my head:
   Judee Sill, Herb Alpert, and this. :heart:

"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2020, 09:59:20 PM »
Where I work at the Salvos, the radio can't be picked up unfortunately. So we rely on CDs and people's USB sticks. We have two in circulation at the moment and I know all the songs on both of them to the point of being sick of them. And there's weird songs on one of them, for instance Kriss Kross. Anyone remember those two kids?
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2020, 10:15:42 PM »
Kriss Kross, didn't they wear their jeans backwards and sing "Jump Jump"?

My grandfather was a professional musician for nearly 60 years, and I never recall him listening to music or talking about music he did or didn't like. It was just work to him, generally he seemed indifferent to music. He could listen to someone playing music and tell you if they were any good or not.

I like music as long as it's not Christmas music. Yuck.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2020, 07:19:42 PM »
Kriss Kross, didn't they wear their jeans backwards and sing "Jump Jump"?
That's them.

I can't stand Christmas songs. Same stuff every year sung by different people.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline conlang returns

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • I'm a fox UwU
    • My twitter
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2023, 02:24:31 AM »
Music is very important to me.  I love heavy metal so much I finally started learning to play some on the guitar.  I've been improving slowly, and have learned the rhythm sections of a few songs, but mostly I just learn bits and pieces of individual songs.  But I try as hard as I can to play a whole song.  Some of them are very difficult, even the rhythm section.  Don't really know any solos at this point and I wonder if I'll ever learn any.  But knowing the rhythm is not so bad. 

I slightly want to learn some of my easier songs on piano.  There's a piano at the furry con that happens near here (Motor City Fur Con or MCFC) and since it;s not happpening until next year some time I occasionally like to tell myself I could potentially learn a song or two and show off at the con lol (there is a piano in the house here too UwU)

Student's creed: everything is due, and nothing is submitted

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2023, 04:14:35 AM »
^What kind of heavy metal do you like?

We're in a different building at the Salvos now but there's still an issue with picking up digital radio stations. At the moment we're stuck with Smooth FM. They play the same assortment of music every day. The customers like it but those of us who have to hear the same songs every day we're there are slowly being driven up the wall.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline conlang returns

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • I'm a fox UwU
    • My twitter
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2023, 05:04:02 AM »
^What kind of heavy metal do you like?

We're in a different building at the Salvos now but there's still an issue with picking up digital radio stations. At the moment we're stuck with Smooth FM. They play the same assortment of music every day. The customers like it but those of us who have to hear the same songs every day we're there are slowly being driven up the wall.

Mostly trad metal, black sabbath, judas priest, etc.  Also a little bit of thrash, a few doom/stoner metal bands.  Well, mostly Sheavy on that score, lol.  Sheavy is a difficult band to google unfortunately (it keeps search for "heavy" instead  :facepalm2: ) and I can't find any tabs for their music.  I'm also a big fan of running wild, which I'm not sure how to classify, although it's been a little while since I listened to it.  I should break some out again, might help me feel better.  I also have the obligate alice in chains discography, it's a good ouvre to work through when I want to re-tune my guitar six time  :LOL:   I also have a bunch of weird sludgy shit I downloaded off of youtube and occasionally remember to listen to. 

Student's creed: everything is due, and nothing is submitted

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2023, 06:02:28 AM »
Jar of Flies is my favourite Alice In Chains. Dirt is really depressing, I've recently realised.

Metallica is my all time favourite, especially the Load album. I haven't heard of many of those you listed.
Tek'ma'tae