Educational

Author Topic: Mass killings can't happen in Japan because civilians don't have guns.  (Read 876 times)

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
They obviously need knife control now.  ::)

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/at-least-15-dead-many-injured-in-knife-attack-outside-tokyo/ar-BBuQVrO?ocid=spartandhp

What's your point? That "control" equals "no violence"?

No, that's your position.

Really? I don't believe I've suggested such a thing. Control would bring down the numbers, though.

I think you might actually need those hand puppets.

No it wouldn't. Getting rid of black people in the US would cut the murder rate in half, that's indisputable.

Why don't you support a ban on "assault niggers"??

Supporting a ban on morons would most likely be more effective.

There you go again, denying reality because it's politically incorrect.

The reason the US has such a high murder rate is because of black on black violence, not because of Jim-Bob on his front porch with his .30-06

Er, no, it's not that simple. While the homicide rate is certainly significantly higher among "blacks", "whites" do their share, according to the FBI.

According to the FBI, 69% of the homicides involved firearms. A reasonable assumption is that controlling them would help bring down the numbers for both.

Outlaw guns tomorrow in the US, and enact a government driven, forced gun round up and you will see a bit of gun violence.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
How about handing out gold stars to anyone who promises to behave? Or better yet, ban blacks?

Any other obvious, irrelevant and impossible statements you wish to share with the class, Al?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
How about handing out gold stars to anyone who promises to behave? Or better yet, ban blacks?

Any other obvious, irrelevant and impossible statements you wish to share with the class, Al?

How about doing neither?

I gotta say for someone who critiques my statements as irrelevant and impossible, you display great levels of hypocrisy.

I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
No one has ever said that gun control ceases all violence.  What it does is SIGNIFICANTLY lower the murder rates, as can be demonstrated to anyone with an IQ over 20 via easily available statistics.

And yet you've failed to do this yourself. Along with other so called "experts" you can't link the availability of guns to murder rates. There's simply no consistent correlation worldwide and even if you could establish correlation, correlation doesn't equal causation BEEOTCH!!

https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/hicrc/firearms-research/guns-and-death/

But what do they know? "Harvard"? Is there even such a place?

These studies have been largely discredited due to the fact that it's research done by doctors, in the field of criminology. Would you go to a psychologist for brain surgery? Of course not, because it's not their field of specialty. Why would you accept research in the field of criminology, done by non-criminologists??  Doctors have an obvious bias, since they only deal with the negative consequences of gun ownership.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3828709/

This is a government institution so they must be lying, right?

Conclusions. We observed a robust correlation between higher levels of gun ownership and higher firearm homicide rates. Although we could not determine causation, we found that states with higher rates of gun ownership had disproportionately large numbers of deaths from firearm-related homicides.

Yeah, even they admit they can't determine a cause and effect.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot

How about doing neither?

I gotta say for someone who critiques my statements as irrelevant and impossible, you display great levels of hypocrisy.

Oh, I see. You think I mean it.

:hahaha:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
No one has ever said that gun control ceases all violence.  What it does is SIGNIFICANTLY lower the murder rates, as can be demonstrated to anyone with an IQ over 20 via easily available statistics.

And yet you've failed to do this yourself. Along with other so called "experts" you can't link the availability of guns to murder rates. There's simply no consistent correlation worldwide and even if you could establish correlation, correlation doesn't equal causation BEEOTCH!!

These studies have been largely discredited due to the fact that it's research done by doctors, in the field of criminology. Would you go to a psychologist for brain surgery? Of course not, because it's not their field of specialty. Why would you accept research in the field of criminology, done by non-criminologists??  Doctors have an obvious bias, since they only deal with the negative consequences of gun ownership.

Ah, yes. Since they study the negative consequences, they must be biased. :LMAO:

Conclusions. We observed a robust correlation between higher levels of gun ownership and higher firearm homicide rates. Although we could not determine causation, we found that states with higher rates of gun ownership had disproportionately large numbers of deaths from firearm-related homicides.

But they did find that "states with higher rates of gun ownership had disproportionately large numbers of deaths". I'm sure it's a coincidence.

I love the NRA approach. You are just as much fun as Charlton Heston in Bowling for Columbine. You should talk to Mike.

- Albert Einstein

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I do not have the right not to do so

:tinfoil:
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

"When men lead by words that are false as they preach
Fatality waits in the wings
Surrounded by fools behind walls that are breached
Beware of the jester that sings"

Leeeeeaaaave Benji alooooooone!  :bigcry:

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
How about handing out gold stars to anyone who promises to behave?

I promise to behave.  :zoinks:
:gopher:

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
Liar.  >:D
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore

How about doing neither?

I think you have said a LOT of dumb shit in the last six months. I do not care your reasons for saying dumb shit. I just point out that you are being an idiot. You can say "Haha, fool you, I was only pretending to be an idiot this time" But that does not justify every other thing I have countered for the last 6 months. Not even close. Its a drop in the ocean.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
How about handing out gold stars to anyone who promises to behave?

I promise to behave.  :zoinks:

You always do. :P

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot

How about doing neither?

I think you have said a LOT of dumb shit in the last six months. I do not care your reasons for saying dumb shit. I just point out that you are being an idiot. You can say "Haha, fool you, I was only pretending to be an idiot this time" But that does not justify every other thing I have countered for the last 6 months. Not even close. Its a drop in the ocean.

Says the man who consistently responded to members with ninja cat memes.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore

How about doing neither?

Indeed. I responded to Zegh that way. It was fun. Your point?

Maybe this is something to consider. The posting of ninja cats unto itself was obviously not making any point. You however have made big claims you have not been able to back and have doubled down and lied and tried to bait and switch. You say one post was not to be taken seriously? I say that most of what you have said over the last six months has been either dishonest or ridiculous.

So you can point to one post of your's and tell me you were trying to be an idiot on that one. You can point to my ninja cat pictures to Zegh 3 months ago and say "You used to send Zegh ninja cat pics to stir him up" but you know that I was being blatant about how each of those pictures was not an argument or a lead in to a discussion or making a point.

No I say most of what you have been saying to me in the last six months fits the criteria of being ridiculous and therefore all of what you say ought to be taken with a grain of salt.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
The article said the police were called at 2:30 a.m.  Evidently he attacked the people as they slept. 

The PR will be upset about this and I'll have to do a lot of hugging and reassuring.  She's not sold on going to "day care" as it is.

Hug for the PR.

This seems to be the most sensible post in this thread.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot

How about doing neither?

Indeed. I responded to Zegh that way. It was fun. Your point?

Maybe this is something to consider. The posting of ninja cats unto itself was obviously not making any point. You however have made big claims you have not been able to back and have doubled down and lied and tried to bait and switch. You say one post was not to be taken seriously? I say that most of what you have said over the last six months has been either dishonest or ridiculous.

So you can point to one post of your's and tell me you were trying to be an idiot on that one. You can point to my ninja cat pictures to Zegh 3 months ago and say "You used to send Zegh ninja cat pics to stir him up" but you know that I was being blatant about how each of those pictures was not an argument or a lead in to a discussion or making a point.

No I say most of what you have been saying to me in the last six months fits the criteria of being ridiculous and therefore all of what you say ought to be taken with a grain of salt.

Yes, you were trying to be an idiot with Zegh. It's how you did the intellectual dishonesty thing, so I'd say it went beyond expectations. Then you moved onto bigotry, lied for a bit, and here we are. It's been a while since I took anything you say seriously, and I don't expect to start again anytime soon.

But it's really up to you.

- Albert Einstein