Educational

Author Topic: FiveThirtyEight  (Read 519 times)

Offline MLA

• Elitest Aspie of the Aspie Elite
  • Modulator
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • The internet isn't a library, it's a stage.
Re: FiveThirtyEight
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2016, 09:55:25 AM »
Or Hillary. She's going to be a far better choice than Trump ever could.

Not sure what you are responding to. My question was in how other candidates would go.
If Donald Trump is 20% and Hillary Clinton is 80% and she get indicted (IF she got indicted), her candidacy would be replaced with a different Democratic Leader.

How would that happen?

Before the convention would be easiest
They either agree on Bernie as last man standing or unplugged her votes and vest them in a new candidate they agree on.

After that, it gets more messy.

Personally I like messy. I know that there will be a President.  I know they will navigate this process.  It's just a matter of how interesting it gets and if Hillary is it.

Almost impossible.  The entire Republican hierarchy hates Trump, and they can't figure out how to replace him.  Several attempts have crashed and burned already.  The Democratic hierarchy practically belongs to Clinton.  It's impossible to disenfranchise the voters at this point.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2016, 02:03:36 AM »
Or Hillary. She's going to be a far better choice than Trump ever could.

Not sure what you are responding to. My question was in how other candidates would go.
If Donald Trump is 20% and Hillary Clinton is 80% and she get indicted (IF she got indicted), her candidacy would be replaced with a different Democratic Leader.

How would that happen?

Before the convention would be easiest
They either agree on Bernie as last man standing or unplugged her votes and vest them in a new candidate they agree on.

After that, it gets more messy.

Personally I like messy. I know that there will be a President.  I know they will navigate this process.  It's just a matter of how interesting it gets and if Hillary is it.

Almost impossible.  The entire Republican hierarchy hates Trump, and they can't figure out how to replace him.  Several attempts have crashed and burned already.  The Democratic hierarchy practically belongs to Clinton.  It's impossible to disenfranchise the voters at this point.

I dunno. Clinton fronting up at the convention with Bernie Sanders. She with the number of required delegates due in a large part to her Superdeleagtes that are unbound and can change their vote at any time (and of which 400 or so were nominally with her at the start of the primaries) and Bernie with about 60 Superdelegates and falling about 600 delegates short.

News has just broken that she is to be indicted. Superdelegates get spooked and change, to a person, from Hillary to Bernie. Big win for Bernie. He gets the nomination and she is effectively shitcanned. That would be about as neat a solution as it could possibly be. Any other possibilities are really messy. But I like messy.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2016, 01:51:09 PM »
She was questioned by the FBI but there was no word on an indictment.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2016, 05:57:25 PM »

Not yet. Not that it will matter. Bill Clinton had a secret meeting with the government appointed Attorney General. Its become apparent to me that this will go nowhere, if for no other reason than the fact that because Obama had some non-secured government emails from Clinton, that any attempt to bring her to justice would have him as her first witness saying "Yes it was a terrible thing. I was aware about it too and corresponded with her on the terrible unsecured email server and ought not to have. But gee it was bad"
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2016, 01:52:59 AM »

Not yet. Not that it will matter. Bill Clinton had a secret meeting with the government appointed Attorney General. Its become apparent to me that this will go nowhere, if for no other reason than the fact that because Obama had some non-secured government emails from Clinton, that any attempt to bring her to justice would have him as her first witness saying "Yes it was a terrible thing. I was aware about it too and corresponded with her on the terrible unsecured email server and ought not to have. But gee it was bad"

I think it's a tempest n a teapot, tbh. The only reason it's an issue at all is because there is going to be an election. Republicans tend to use whatever they can.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2016, 02:01:50 AM »
Has it ever come to a draw in the U.S.?

It's happening again here with the federal election.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2016, 02:16:44 AM »
Not aware of an actual draw but Gore vs Bush was close in 2000.

- Albert Einstein

Offline MLA

• Elitest Aspie of the Aspie Elite
  • Modulator
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • The internet isn't a library, it's a stage.
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2016, 10:23:49 AM »
She isn't being indicted, as everyone already knew would be the case.  Out of the 600+ superdelegates, all she needs to hold onto is about 40.  Not an issue.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2016, 12:51:40 PM »
And a good thing.

- Albert Einstein