Educational

Author Topic: The Unofficial Psychedelic Lestat Birthday Thread  (Read 960 times)

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
Re: The Unofficial Psychedelic Lestat Birthday Thread
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2016, 06:35:07 AM »
  Happy birthday Lestat!  I vaguely remember 30.  :P   Will look for a psychedelic present.
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2016, 09:10:54 AM »
Thanks wolfy, thanks.

And wikipedia is on that matter, not incorrect. Not so sure about art, not that much of an  type. AUtistic, yes, but not much cop with a paint brush.

Whilst I've not the last reagent needed for the very final step, not actually here, there is something......gestating.  And I shall definitely be borrowing on its potential to enliven and lend some sparkle to
a long, long forest-y hike once its finally been born.

Who'da thunk it, I'm applying for a post in obstetrics. 

damn 'raxis, you outdid yourself there matey :mischief:
Y'know when I first reopened/refreshed this thread after just waking up again I thought it was a picture of one of those very colorful seaslugs, or sea-hares, something like Glaucus
you're welcome, though i must admit this one was py's idea. hers the party, mine the theme.
Mark Twain: “Never argue with a [troll], onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2016, 09:29:28 PM »
damn 'raxis, you outdid yourself there matey :mischief:
Y'know when I first reopened/refreshed this thread after just waking up again I thought it was a picture of one of those very colorful seaslugs, or sea-hares, something like Glaucus

I think it is. The artist is Jason Hackenwerth and he does all sorts of weird and amoebalike creatures.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2016, 12:40:32 AM »

Fucking love the watermelon carving!!

DAMN!!

I want to show that to other people. even those I do not know.

:plus:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2017, 02:06:33 AM »

Happy Birthday, Lestat.

Make it a good day!

Don't know if the image works. If not, I'll try to fix it later, when not on I2 via the phone.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 02:44:35 AM by 'andersom' »
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2017, 02:13:47 AM »
Happy happy birthday, Lestat! Still a young 'un. :cake:  :birthday:
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2017, 04:43:44 AM »
Haha fuck me, I must be getting old. I hadn't even REALIZED it was my birthday until I read this thread. Was debating on whether or not to make with the chemistry, but now, definitely about to get right to it.

And thanks Ren :) *hugs*

Got something a wee bit naughty in mind too *grins*
After that is, I've smoked a cigar and taken down a few notes on something needed for the chemistry bit. As it happened my old man had forgotten too, unusually for him. But I jokingly remarked that since it had completely escaped my mind that today was my b/day Ren, that I must be going senile in my old age, it reminded him.

So thanks again, hopefully I'll either get something for the lab (I'd hope for a new, better vacuum pump since he knows I've been having issues with the one I have of late) or money, which of course, can go to exactly the same purpose(s), upgrading the facilities.

And hyke, it works. Looks like a massively oversized group of the sporangia (ascospore-producing organs) from a germinated ergot (Claviceps purpurea and related species like C.paspali) sclerotium, the parasitic fungus that produces precursors to LSD.

And ren...young un? you can't say that when you are one yourself. Only old farts get to call young people 'young 'un', and you could easily pass for 18-20 (and a damn fine 18-20 too if I may say so)

« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 05:05:56 AM by Lestat »
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2017, 04:59:14 AM »
Happy Birthday.

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2017, 06:31:05 AM »
Haha fuck me, I must be getting old. I hadn't even REALIZED it was my birthday until I read this thread.

Happy birthday , young 'un.  (I  *can*  say that. And I'll post pics to prive it, someday when I'm feeling brave)

Looks like you missed it , though. And so did I.

So , yeah, celebrating it today instead sounds like a damned good idea.

But careful in  that lab,  please, young 'un.    We prefer you in one piece, eyesight intact and all that.  :hug:

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2017, 06:36:52 AM »
Ooh, Maybe you haven't missed it. I was going by the observation that wolfie had started the thread...28th June 2016.

hey!   Wolfie's still present in  the birthday celberations :) how cool is that?

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2017, 07:38:45 AM »
No, I haven't missed it, my b/day is today.

And don't worry, I'm wearing goggles and a full face shield. Especially since what is planned for my little...birthday treat, so to speak, is going to involve a reduction using sodium metal in dried, boiling hot alcohol. And I'll have to open up a 100g block of the Na (a chunk about the size of a fist)

Later observation from a moment ago-needed my pain meds, and looked in the wrong med bag, an old one. Found 40 oxy pills (a strong opiate painkiller) that must have been from last week or the week before. No idea I had those. Since they were surplus to requirements medically speaking, just treated myself to a large shot of the stuff, a strong tranq and a dose of an enzyme inhibitor to prolong and intensify its action and duration, grabbing a couple of frosty beers from the fridge on my way out whilst the adduct compound with one of the main (harmless, but not wanted in there since it will interfere with my synthesis, and the thing which the adduct is made from is recoverable and indeed after recovery by treatment with strong base, and purification by distillation of the impurity (it counts as an impurity only because it isn't meant to be there. Its rubbish in a specific context only, but once purified, useful once again. A leftover from the first step of the synthesis of one of the main reagents used, so one that may as well be had back once removed and saved as leftover-grade (the original reagent I forked out for ACS grade stuff [american chemical society] certified, and of excellent quality. A step below analytical reference sample grade, for calibration of extremely sensitive equipment such as NMR machines, mass spectrometers and the like, but for synthetic procedures, those are not needed and are extremely expensive. ACS grade is excellent quality and this would be suitable for medicinal applications IMO. Perhaps big pharma might have better, but not as if they would NEED it to produce something perfectly acceptable. And nobody uses analar-grade stuff except for analyses generally, or for demanding things like semiconductor fabrication (for that particular application as close to atomic precision as possible is sought for and the work done in clean-rooms without so much as a speck of dust allowed to settle on things like silicon wafers for CPUs and other ICs)

So this won't be returned to my bottles of what the adduct is of,  but marked down as seconds if that makes sense, but re-used when sufficient is accumulated.

And my b/day is the 29th, wolfy, may his soul find peace and Raxy comfort, started the thread a day beforehand, like the damn good guy he is.

Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2017, 09:29:01 AM »
Happy birthday, Lestat.  You're inching on the Old Farts Club, although you still have a long ways to go. 
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Delicious and refreshing.
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2017, 09:34:27 AM »
Happy Birthday.
:dog:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2017, 04:07:27 PM »
Happy belated birthday, mate. Sorry I wasn't online yesterday to wish you my best.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2017, 09:00:45 PM »
OMG IT'S LESTAT'S BIRTHDAY!! :GA:

:birthday:
:gopher: