Educational

Author Topic: Brexit omelette with ham and cheese.  (Read 27727 times)

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
Re: Brexit omelette with ham and cheese.
« Reply #510 on: September 06, 2016, 04:17:39 PM »
No, it has always been your choice!   Like the time I sent melatonin to you for your son to circumvent your countries laws.  Lucifer would be disappointed in you.  I tried, but, now it seems the ban hammer from your paranoia has made you split hairs and it will not make me lose any sleep over it!   If you truly respect me, just let it go and trust that I will not allow Pea to do anything bad.   You opened this Pandora's box.......you have the power to close it.   

And as I said, you, and several others talked around me!  For several weeks.......if you said "stop posting Pea's stuff" in the beginning.....I would have done so.  But, you dithered and now that push has come to shove, you are now all holy and righteous, just like callaway and mcmanslag.   Your choice, as it always has been!

I see that. It was disappointing to first see that side to him and I have seen it over the last 5 months.  I am not bothered by it any more. Sorry you were exposed to it Ozy. You deserve better than that. People on here, mostly to a person do not deserve that.

The point is moot, he has blocked Pea from reading anything here.  His forum, his rules!  C'est la vie!
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #511 on: September 06, 2016, 04:19:43 PM »
From Pea "So... Ari acknowledges me now? How amusing.

If he wants me to stop Ozy from posting on my behalf, I expect him to do one gesture for me:

I  want him to apologise for wasting British taxpayers' money for bring in  the police over something he doesn't like yet he has no issue having my  personal shit on his little playpen called IntensitySquared.

If he apologises for being a dick in the past, I'll accept it and leave this place alone.

He won't be big enough to do it though. Instead, he'll just trying to censor me as usual.

Glad to know I still upset him."

Which means that all of Pea's promises about behaving or respecting my decision meant nothing. He has not changed, after all.

Just so we are all clear about what Pea is talking about here, people: Pea posted my picture, name and address on Youtube, as well as suggesting I was a paedophile. As a result, I contacted the British police to make him stop. Only after the police visited his parents did he actually stop. He also promised the police he would not bother me again.

This, apparently, is no longer true, so here is what will happen now: Al and Ozy, you will now both stop posting on Pea's behalf. Pea is not allowed to join this board again, either directly or indirectly, and I will not pay for the privilege to be stalked. Also, I will, of course, not apologise for stopping him four years ago.

And Steve, since we are speaking honestly here: I thought I was asking you politely. Pea seems to think I am not. Nevertheless, I know you are his friend and I respect that. I am not, however, and surely you are aware of this fact; I tend to avoid people who stalk me, and I had hoped you would respect that. Your choice, though.

Moderation creep. Next are we banned from referencing Pea? You going to "remove references of Pea?" From there how wide would you like to cast the net? Just curious? I did call this moderation move.

You have a single choice here, Al, and that is to stop posting Pea's messages.

Is this in some way not clear to you? Do you think I somehow enjoyed having Pea post my picture and address on Youtube while proclaiming I was a paedophile? Did you think I would shrug it off and think "hell, as long as there is free speech at I2"? As long as you think it's OK? Or something else? Free speech is a responsibility, too, and I am done with you or anybody else doing this for shits and giggles.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #512 on: September 06, 2016, 04:21:26 PM »
No, it has always been your choice!   Like the time I sent melatonin to you for your son to circumvent your countries laws.  Lucifer would be disappointed in you.  I tried, but, now it seems the ban hammer from your paranoia has made you split hairs and it will not make me lose any sleep over it!   If you truly respect me, just let it go and trust that I will not allow Pea to do anything bad.   You opened this Pandora's box.......you have the power to close it.   

And as I said, you, and several others talked around me!  For several weeks.......if you said "stop posting Pea's stuff" in the beginning.....I would have done so.  But, you dithered and now that push has come to shove, you are now all holy and righteous, just like callaway and mcmanslag.   Your choice, as it always has been!

I see that. It was disappointing to first see that side to him and I have seen it over the last 5 months.  I am not bothered by it any more. Sorry you were exposed to it Ozy. You deserve better than that. People on here, mostly to a person do not deserve that.

The point is moot, he has blocked Pea from reading anything here.  His forum, his rules!  C'est la vie!

I enjoyed seeing Pea on here but I was fine him posting or being a member or not. Never bothered me much either way.
I do not like the way he has treated you and that is the difference. I also am not enamoured with his moderation creep and his steadfast refusal to take ANY responsibility for anything stupid and/or shitty that he does. But as you say C'est la vie
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #513 on: September 06, 2016, 04:23:14 PM »
From Pea "So... Ari acknowledges me now? How amusing.

If he wants me to stop Ozy from posting on my behalf, I expect him to do one gesture for me:

I  want him to apologise for wasting British taxpayers' money for bring in  the police over something he doesn't like yet he has no issue having my  personal shit on his little playpen called IntensitySquared.

If he apologises for being a dick in the past, I'll accept it and leave this place alone.

He won't be big enough to do it though. Instead, he'll just trying to censor me as usual.

Glad to know I still upset him."

Which means that all of Pea's promises about behaving or respecting my decision meant nothing. He has not changed, after all.

Just so we are all clear about what Pea is talking about here, people: Pea posted my picture, name and address on Youtube, as well as suggesting I was a paedophile. As a result, I contacted the British police to make him stop. Only after the police visited his parents did he actually stop. He also promised the police he would not bother me again.

This, apparently, is no longer true, so here is what will happen now: Al and Ozy, you will now both stop posting on Pea's behalf. Pea is not allowed to join this board again, either directly or indirectly, and I will not pay for the privilege to be stalked. Also, I will, of course, not apologise for stopping him four years ago.

And Steve, since we are speaking honestly here: I thought I was asking you politely. Pea seems to think I am not. Nevertheless, I know you are his friend and I respect that. I am not, however, and surely you are aware of this fact; I tend to avoid people who stalk me, and I had hoped you would respect that. Your choice, though.

Moderation creep. Next are we banned from referencing Pea? You going to "remove references of Pea?" From there how wide would you like to cast the net? Just curious? I did call this moderation move.

You have a single choice here, Al, and that is to stop posting Pea's messages.

Is this in some way not clear to you? Do you think I somehow enjoyed having Pea post my picture and address on Youtube while proclaiming I was a paedophile? Did you think I would shrug it off and think "hell, as long as there is free speech at I2"? As long as you think it's OK? Or something else? Free speech is a responsibility, too, and I am done with you or anybody else doing this for shits and giggles.

Bark all you want Odeon. I do not much care what you enjoy or don't. Haven't for a while. You have said your bit. I will take it under advisement that is is another new law to censor the forum.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
« Reply #514 on: September 06, 2016, 04:26:09 PM »
Given what I have seen and read dating back about a week ago as I tried to better understand this controversy, while also taking into account multiple personal messages from other members, I would not consider it unreasonable to ban him. I know you would prefer not going down such a path given the patience with enduring some of the clearly blatant despicable personal attacks that have been posted, one person should not be allowed to ruin the entire experience for the majority of the membership.
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #515 on: September 06, 2016, 04:27:08 PM »
In other words, the whole site is set to members only viewing now?

Odeon, are you going to leave it that way?
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #516 on: September 06, 2016, 04:28:04 PM »
Given what I have seen and read dating back about a week ago as I tried to better understand this controversy, while also taking into account multiple personal messages from other members, I would not consider it unreasonable to ban him. I know you would prefer not going down such a path given the patience with enduring some of the clearly blatant despicable personal attacks that have been posted, one person should not be allowed to ruin the entire experience for the majority of the membership.

Trigger go fuck yourself. Fuck off with your moral virtue signalling bullshit

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #517 on: September 06, 2016, 04:28:47 PM »

Circling the wagons. I2 used to be more than this.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #518 on: September 06, 2016, 04:29:50 PM »

I respect you, but I don't respect Pea.  I was reluctant to bring it up because I do respect you, but also, it took me a while to sort my thoughts on this. Believe it or not, I am not spending my time thinking primarily about either I2, you, Al or Pea. I come here to unwind, as do most people, not to have a very unpleasant memory from years ago thrown in my face, and at first, I didn't want to even think about it.

Yet all some can think of is fucking moderation and censorship and whatnot. It's all very nice when it's not about  you lot, when it's still an abstract thing.

Well, apparently, you have blocked Pea from viewing the site in any way shape or form.  Congratulations........enjoy your supremacy! 

WWDD.......what would Dunc do?

Ask him. I have no idea.

But it's interesting to note how you two must have monitored the drama. Is this fun for you? Is this the kind of laugh he had four years ago on Youtube?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #519 on: September 06, 2016, 04:31:29 PM »

See your PMs.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #520 on: September 06, 2016, 04:32:35 PM »
he has blocked Pea from reading anything here. 

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #521 on: September 06, 2016, 04:37:05 PM »

I respect you, but I don't respect Pea.  I was reluctant to bring it up because I do respect you, but also, it took me a while to sort my thoughts on this. Believe it or not, I am not spending my time thinking primarily about either I2, you, Al or Pea. I come here to unwind, as do most people, not to have a very unpleasant memory from years ago thrown in my face, and at first, I didn't want to even think about it.

Yet all some can think of is fucking moderation and censorship and whatnot. It's all very nice when it's not about  you lot, when it's still an abstract thing.

Well, apparently, you have blocked Pea from viewing the site in any way shape or form.  Congratulations........enjoy your supremacy! 

Ask him. I have no idea.

But it's interesting to note how you two must have monitored the drama. Is this fun for you? Is this the kind of laugh he had four years ago on Youtube?

You have been talking over and around Ozy and he has said this and you respect him? I don't think so.
I have not monitored anything. I do not know the video concerned but naturally heard of the ban. I think the video sounds appalling and the reason he made it even worse. I think your moderation creep is stupid and your inability to deal with things and to not accept your part in the problems you cause or contribute to irresponsible.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #522 on: September 06, 2016, 04:40:38 PM »

Ask him. I have no idea.

Four years ago on the internuts is an Epoch in normal time.  All I'm going by is Lucifer's words to me when all this came down.  I never monitored the drama...this was between "adults", times change, people change, I gave many people who threw me to wolves the benefit of the doubt, forgave them, and it has been a release and relief for me, especially when they accepted or when they didn't.  You seem to be holding onto the "poison" and keeping your wounds fresh for your own reasons.  Four years ago Pea was a different person...hell, he and I were still at each others throats....but, the bridge was still there and it's strong.  I and my wife were able to help him when he had his stroke.....Pea reached out to me and I didn't kick him to the curb.  There were other things that happened, but, we are friends.   It's not fun for me, BUT, I will never throw a friend under the bus for convenience.  It is not fun, but, doing the right thing and letting go of past shit is the right thing.   
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #523 on: September 06, 2016, 04:49:02 PM »

Ask him. I have no idea.

Four years ago on the internuts is an Epoch in normal time.  All I'm going by is Lucifer's words to me when all this came down.  I never monitored the drama...this was between "adults", times change, people change, I gave many people who threw me to wolves the benefit of the doubt, forgave them, and it has been a release and relief for me, especially when they accepted or when they didn't.  You seem to be holding onto the "poison" and keeping your wounds fresh for your own reasons.  Four years ago Pea was a different person...hell, he and I were still at each others throats....but, the bridge was still there and it's strong.  I and my wife were able to help him when he had his stroke.....Pea reached out to me and I didn't kick him to the curb.  There were other things that happened, but, we are friends.   It's not fun for me, BUT, I will never throw a friend under the bus for convenience.  It is not fun, but, doing the right thing and letting go of past shit is the right thing.

Well, maybe you should have talked to me, then. You never contacted me, never asked me about anything, you just cut me off.

I was not keeping anything "fresh", btw. I was mostly not thinking about any of it, until it all came back from a reasonably clear blue sky, here. So don't tell me how to feel or react and I won't tell you.

- Albert Einstein

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #524 on: September 06, 2016, 04:49:30 PM »
 ::)