Author Topic: Brexit omelette with ham and cheese.  (Read 27756 times)

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I do not have the right not to do so
Re: Brexit omelette with ham and cheese.
« Reply #465 on: August 18, 2016, 04:00:09 PM »
Just throwing in a little message from Peaguy.   

Btw, could you pass on this message on i2's brexit topic.
"Leeeeeave the Breeg alone. So fucking what if he made a double negation. The mascot of Iron Maiden can do no wrong. Up the Irons! Got some tunes for my gym training.
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

"When men lead by words that are false as they preach
Fatality waits in the wings
Surrounded by fools behind walls that are breached
Beware of the jester that sings"

Leeeeeaaaave Benji alooooooone!  :bigcry:

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #467 on: August 18, 2016, 05:30:08 PM »
Just throwing in a little message from Peaguy.   

Btw, could you pass on this message on i2's brexit topic.
"Leeeeeave the Breeg alone. So fucking what if he made a double negation. The mascot of Iron Maiden can do no wrong. Up the Irons! Got some tunes for my gym training.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #468 on: August 18, 2016, 11:38:47 PM »
So nothing?  If people are used to living in a nice area, they will be more likely to dislike a multicultural hell hole, where as a person growing up in that kind of hell hole feels forced to fit in and tries desperately to speak like a gangsta.  The other point being that so many British people moved away from London to get away from the foreign mess it's become, though some of that was down to state ethnic cleansing.

There are so many bigoted assumptions here that I don't know where to begin.

So I won't.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #469 on: August 21, 2016, 12:40:22 PM »
Completely irrelevant.  The only thing that matters is that it's true. 

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #470 on: August 21, 2016, 03:41:36 PM »
/shrugs

It takes more than you saying so.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #471 on: August 22, 2016, 03:43:16 AM »
So nothing?  If people are used to living in a nice area, they will be more likely to dislike a multicultural hell hole, where as a person growing up in that kind of hell hole feels forced to fit in and tries desperately to speak like a gangsta.  The other point being that so many British people moved away from London to get away from the foreign mess it's become, though some of that was down to state ethnic cleansing.

There are so many bigoted assumptions here that I don't know where to begin.

So I won't.

Probably best not to. I have not read what BenjaminBreeg said BUT if you are assessing whether it is bigoted or not, your opinion is about the last one someone ought to reference to make a judgment on such things.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
« Reply #472 on: September 05, 2016, 10:45:21 PM »

Fucking awful :thumbdn:

Genuinely feel devastated :'(

Stayed up all night watching the results come through with a growing sense of horror.

Got about an hours sleep, and now I just want to cry >:(

:hug:

Could you vote from where you are?

I put off registering until the last minute, and when I finally got around to register, I couldn't. Turned out that because I hadn't been registered to vote in N.Ireland, I couldn't easily register to vote from here >:( It was way too late to do anything about it. Doesn't matter now though (emo) Leave won by quite a decent margin.

All my friends living here voted though. Obviously they voted remain. Would have been pretty dumb of them to have voted leave :laugh: Also, I think I'd have fallen out with any who voted leave :viking:

One of my friends and his fiance are talking about maybe moving back home because of the vote. They have a young daughter too. I get to play at being an auntie, and they're an awesome family. I'd be completely sick if they left :bigcry:
Hopefully they're just overreacting, and they won't have to leave.

I'm just in the foulest of moods at the moment :angrydance: I still can't quite believe the country voted to do this. Feel such utter contempt for England and Wales right now >:( Can't help feeling this was a vote for racism, intolerance, and isolationism :hitler: Really hope I'm wrong though :(

My Irish, Scottish, and English sides wanted to vote. My German side just sighed and looked down while shaking its head slowly back and forth.
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #473 on: September 06, 2016, 07:32:54 AM »

Stayed up all night watching the results come through with a growing sense of horror.

I put off registering until the last minute, and when I finally got around to register, I couldn't. Turned out that because I hadn't been registered to vote in N.Ireland, I couldn't easily register to vote from here >:( It was way too late to do anything about it. Doesn't matter now though (emo) Leave won by quite a decent margin.

All my friends living here voted though. Obviously they voted remain. Would have been pretty dumb of them to have voted leave :laugh: Also, I think I'd have fallen out with any who voted leave :viking:

One of my friends and his fiance are talking about maybe moving back home because of the vote. They have a young daughter too. I get to play at being an auntie, and they're an awesome family. I'd be completely sick if they left :bigcry:

I'm just in the foulest of moods at the moment :angrydance: I still can't quite believe the country voted to do this. Feel such utter contempt for England and Wales right now >:( Can't help feeling this was a vote for racism, intolerance, and isolationism :hitler: Really hope I'm wrong though :(

My Irish, Scottish, and English sides wanted to vote. My German side just sighed and looked down while shaking its head slowly back and forth.

I'm still sick. I keep checking the newspapers every day in the hope that Brexit may be derailed. No, it just seems more and more certain by the day :bigcry:

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
« Reply #474 on: September 06, 2016, 07:39:32 AM »

I'm still sick. I keep checking the newspapers every day in the hope that Brexit may be derailed. No, it just seems more and more certain by the day :bigcry:

It's a bad omen for our upcoming election. It was amazing watching interviews of common Brits saying they didn't understand what they voted for afterwards and how they wanted to go back and vote again differently. The best was David Tennant reading Scottish Tweets ripping Trump after he said Scotland spoke up for their country, when Scots overwhelmingly voted to stay. If you haven't seen it, you should look it up. It was on Full Frontal w/Samantha Bee and is probably on youtube.
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #475 on: September 06, 2016, 08:03:57 AM »

It's a bad omen for our upcoming election. It was amazing watching interviews of common Brits saying they didn't understand what they voted for afterwards and how they wanted to go back and vote again differently. The best was David Tennant reading Scottish Tweets ripping Trump after he said Scotland spoke up for their country, when Scots overwhelmingly voted to stay. If you haven't seen it, you should look it up. It was on Full Frontal w/Samantha Bee and is probably on youtube.

It got quite a bit of publicity in the Scottish press. I'm still unsure whether Trump was being clueless, or was actually trolling us >:(
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 12:53:06 PM by 'Butterflies' »

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #476 on: September 06, 2016, 08:12:55 AM »

It got quite a bit of publicity in the Scottish press. I'm still unsure whether Trump was being clueless, or was actually trolling us >:(

Either way it was funny. I am betting cluelessness. Everyone in the audience had a confused "WTF?" face on
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 05:19:42 AM by Al Swearengen »
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #477 on: September 06, 2016, 09:40:24 AM »
FFS, would you guys fix your quotes!!  :MLA:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #478 on: September 06, 2016, 11:54:29 AM »
I am still wondering when they will realise that they need to repeal old legislation and enact new before they can invoke Article 50 without the PM overstepping her boundaries.

Or maybe they already know but shut up about it.

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #479 on: September 06, 2016, 01:07:17 PM »
I am still wondering when they will realise that they need to repeal old legislation and enact new before they can invoke Article 50 without the PM overstepping her boundaries.

Or maybe they already know but shut up about it.

Apparently she been advised that she can trigger article 50, without a parliamentary vote.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-08-31/u-k-cabinet-sees-no-need-for-parliament-vote-on-brexit-trigger
U.K. Prime Minister Theresa May’s cabinet concluded there’s no need to hold a parliamentary vote before beginning the formal process for pulling Britain out of the European Union, with ministers saying they want to “push ahead” with Brexit.

It hardly seems to matter though. If it is put to MPs to vote, the Tories have a majority. I know that the majority of Tory MPs were pro-EU during the referendum, but it would be career suicide for a Tory MP to vote against "the will of the people." >:(