Author Topic: Brexit omelette with ham and cheese.  (Read 27322 times)

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
Re: Brexit omelette with ham and cheese.
« Reply #330 on: July 04, 2016, 07:51:31 PM »
My thoughts on this is they pushed for a vote and will of the people and got it.
Now of course more could have been done to influence an amount of voters to different position by the vote was asked for and now the result is in. Time to get on with things.

But you haven't actually offered a reason to get on with things. If you want to, no one's stopping you. But why try to make others do the same?

Actually, I should ask for clarification on that. Are you saying the government should get on with things and submit the official exit request? Or that average people should get on with things and quit discussing it?

Government should get on with things and appreciate that the people they represent have spoken.

They and others trying to denounce the majority as wrong, deluded, stupid, immoral or whatever ought to realise that no, simply a different option to what they personally wished for was voted.

They can gnashing their teeth and postulate what could have been all they like. After they are done they need to get on with things.

As to getting on with things,  it is not like there was never a time that they weren't a part of the EU.  It's not that the world stops.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #331 on: July 04, 2016, 11:39:26 PM »
"Get on with things" implies the Leave campaign had a plan. They didn't, or they are hiding it exceptionally well because all they have done after the referendum is to go back on their promises. But if you know better, then I think you should speak up, Al.

And arguing that since there was a time when they weren't a member of the EU and everything worked just fine is a bit like saying that we've done without electricity before and we can again.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #332 on: July 05, 2016, 12:00:31 AM »
"Get on with things" implies the Leave campaign had a plan. They didn't, or they are hiding it exceptionally well because all they have done after the referendum is to go back on their promises. But if you know better, then I think you should speak up, Al.

And arguing that since there was a time when they weren't a member of the EU and everything worked just fine is a bit like saying that we've done without electricity before and we can again.

It is and it isn't.
The plan was to win. They have. Now they may or may not bumble around a bit, before finding their feet, but then they will eventually. They will be a nation of their own with independent decision making as they were before EU, and like many countries are. EU was never the only option or only reality.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #333 on: July 05, 2016, 12:56:06 AM »

Do not know this rockhound guy, but I would bet that he, along with most every one else, knows how to do that AND make the image "clicky"  as well if desired. Nice tutorial, though for those who are just getting started.

:thumbup:

Seems as if I missed a lot of posts taking the week end off for my own enjoyment(s) and toil.

Rock hound used to be called Ozymandias, DD.

I am hyke, btw. Silly mood made me chance my name is something meaning "an/the other way around". Hence my upside down avatar too.

Oh, then,  I do know this guy. I was wrong

I do not think that he and I are "friends."  As far as my part goes, I think he is mostly OK, but I know that he does not regard me as human. We have been at odds for ages. Not sure that we can resolve things. Not to worry. Neither he nor I give a half shit about the other. We will both be fine.

I will think of him as abject "noise" upon his return and I will try not to ruffle his VERY delicate feathers any more than I already have done in the past.

In fact, I plan to ignore him altogether, now that you have revealed his true identity. We just do not communicate well.

I will bet he still has short hair. Just a guess.

Anyway, thank you for giving me a headsup!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #334 on: July 05, 2016, 01:04:21 AM »

Do not know this rockhound guy, but I would bet that he, along with most every one else, knows how to do that AND make the image "clicky"  as well if desired. Nice tutorial, though for those who are just getting started.

Seems as if I missed a lot of posts taking the week end off for my own enjoyment(s) and toil.

I am hyke, btw. Silly mood made me chance my name is something meaning "an/the other way around". Hence my upside down avatar too.

Hi. Hyke!
Thank you for the info.

I think I like it. Just do what you do and we will be fine.

I can do upside down chocolate moo things!
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 01:08:54 AM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #335 on: July 05, 2016, 06:55:12 AM »

Hi. Hyke!
Thank you for the info.

I think I like it. Just do what you do and we will be fine.

I think I will have to put that in my sig.  :laugh:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #336 on: July 05, 2016, 12:54:52 PM »

It is and it isn't.
The plan was to win. They have. Now they may or may not bumble around a bit, before finding their feet, but then they will eventually. They will be a nation of their own with independent decision making as they were before EU, and like many countries are. EU was never the only option or only reality.

Of course not, but it was by far the best, and not because the EU is so great but because the alternative sucks.

Found this. Hugely entertaining and reasonably true.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #337 on: July 05, 2016, 01:31:02 PM »
I wonder what effect the news about the current developments in the UK will have on the coming Austrian elections.

* stays tuned *

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #338 on: July 05, 2016, 02:39:44 PM »
At the very least, the current situation should provide a very real warning to not take this sort of thing lightly.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #339 on: July 06, 2016, 01:52:06 AM »

It is and it isn't.

Of course not, but it was by far the best, and not because the EU is so great but because the alternative sucks.

Found this. Hugely entertaining and reasonably true.

Buzzfeed? :laugh: Okay.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #340 on: July 06, 2016, 05:32:39 AM »
It was funny.

I didn't realize neither side actually had an exit plan.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #341 on: July 06, 2016, 05:37:49 AM »
It was funny.

I think others will leave and they will start doing deals among themselves....then perhaps decide to join a international union...

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #342 on: July 06, 2016, 12:30:12 PM »
It was funny.

Scary, isn't it?

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #343 on: July 06, 2016, 12:52:50 PM »
It was funny.

Scary, isn't it?

Yes. Other possible exeteers and their opponents will be just as prepared, if they leave soon.

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.