Author Topic: Brexit omelette with ham and cheese.  (Read 27744 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Brexit omelette with ham and cheese.
« Reply #270 on: June 30, 2016, 04:37:05 PM »
You voted for Brexit, surely you'd know about this?

Do you not read what I write?  I said I do not give a shit about Boris and Co, I was into this way before the whole 'Brexit' thing.  I have already told you why I voted out.  Boris is a cunt, Gove is a cunt.  I was astonished that we voted to 'leave' with those 2 parasites at the helm.

So you admit that you never bothered to find out the facts? Fucking hell. You deserve what you get. Like it or not, Boris, Gove et al are the kind of people you effectively voted for.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #271 on: June 30, 2016, 04:47:41 PM »

You raise a very interesting point.  It makes me wonder again if we're so global now, why we keep blowing up other parts of the globe.
Not really so global, but getting there, and probably about breaking some eggs or some such metaphor. Europe needs the middle east's resources and people. There are definite UN initiatives in place for population control, economic sustainability, and interestingly enough, empowering women. Right now, the world needs European countries to be successful more so than countries in the middle east.

http://qz.com/715845/british-stocks-lost-125-billion-after-brexit-or-15-years-worth-of-eu-contributions/  :hahaha:
The FTSE 100 has completely recovered to pre brexit levels as of today, and the FTSE 250 has recovered by 5%. Not a bad bounce back for one week. Thinking no one really expects the bottom to fall out of anything.

A lot of the FTSE 100 is global trading, outside the UK, which apparently helps explain why it was able to rebound so strongly.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #272 on: June 30, 2016, 06:00:02 PM »

Do you not read what I write?  I said I do not give a shit about Boris and Co, I was into this way before the whole 'Brexit' thing.  I have already told you why I voted out.  Boris is a cunt, Gove is a cunt.  I was astonished that we voted to 'leave' with those 2 parasites at the helm.

So you admit that you never bothered to find out the facts? Fucking hell. You deserve what you get. Like it or not, Boris, Gove et al are the kind of people you effectively voted for.

That seems a little dishonest, Odeon. Benji and ANY Brexiter can dislike ANY person who agrees with them on the subject of Brexit. Their agreeing with the principle of UK exiting the UK DOES NOT mean that they MUST agree with and like Johnson and it is the height of idiocy to imply that. (adding case you missed it the first time around, neither does he need to explain other positions Boris may have, defend his personality or outline every strategy the government may possibly make around the future non-EU UK)

If for example someone wants UK out of the EU because they consider the EU a bit of a totalitarian regime in which they feel UK does not get a good representation, that is light years away from someone who is wanting to exit EU because they are racist and believe it will stop the Middle Eastern immigrants. The two are not comparable and it is dishonest and stupid to say if you believe one you believe both and you must agree with each other of all issues.

I see you do this in my callout too and it is ridiculous. IF Benji is a fool as you keep telling us then acting like a fool does not seem to make that case at all.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 07:43:38 PM by Al Swearengen »
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #273 on: June 30, 2016, 06:42:40 PM »
A lot of the FTSE 100 is global trading, outside the UK, which apparently helps explain why it was able to rebound so strongly.
That's correct. The FTSE 250 rose again today 1.68%, which is a 45% recovery from the lowest point 3 days ago.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #274 on: June 30, 2016, 07:45:21 PM »
How long was UK independent? 1000 years? Anybody imagine they will self-destruct now they are out? Long term they'll be fine
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #275 on: July 01, 2016, 01:25:38 AM »
Boris surprised me.

"leaving left" was what I found on my doormat.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline FourAceDeal

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #276 on: July 01, 2016, 04:14:38 AM »
How long was UK independent? 1000 years? Anybody imagine they will self-destruct now they are out? Long term they'll be fine

If you look at our history we have been a truly great nation for almost all of it - I know we shouldn't be proud of it but we had the largest empire of all time.  We've always boxed well above our weight.  The only time we've been shit has been the last 43 years in th EU.
Ever got that feeling that you're trying to teach a dog a card trick?

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #277 on: July 01, 2016, 05:16:18 AM »

If you look at our history we have been a truly great nation for almost all of it - I know we shouldn't be proud of it but we had the largest empire of all time.  We've always boxed well above our weight.  The only time we've been shit has been the last 43 years in th EU.

True.

Its just a problem that you sent you best to the colonies.  ;)

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #278 on: July 01, 2016, 10:34:50 AM »
He called all limey vets idiots who served their country with their limbs blown off for voting out.

Not cool, man. Noooot cooooool.
:gopher:

Offline Lord of the Ales

• Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Will work for beer
    • Last.fm thingy
« Reply #279 on: July 01, 2016, 03:01:22 PM »
FWIW I voted to stay in, partly because I figured anything being run by Boris Johnson was likely to become a car crash and the credibility of their Brexit promises was unravelling fast (as it turned out... shocking, I know), and partly because our sovereignty is illusory anyway - the elite would still be in charge regardless, the same powers pull the strings. At least staying in would have prevented the Tories dismantling employment and disability rights.

I'm pretty sure as a country we'll muddle through regardless though. The thing that really does bother me is that by using immigration as the main argument the Brexit campaign was uncomfortably close to playing the race card - and subsequently racist attacks and incidents of targeted hate speech have gone through the roof - the racists feel bold enough to openly challenge minorities as well as EU migrants. The issue is not so much that 52% of voters are racists - most folk who voted out didn't do so because they hate them forrins - its that the racist cunts now think 52% of the country agrees with them, and now they're gonna 'take their country back, so you can all fuck off back where you came from'  :hitler:
arsebiscuits!

Retired despot, landlord and shitstirrer :deadhorse:

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I do not have the right not to do so
« Reply #280 on: July 01, 2016, 04:19:34 PM »

You raise a very interesting point.  It makes me wonder again if we're so global now, why we keep blowing up other parts of the globe.
Not really so global, but getting there, and probably about breaking some eggs or some such metaphor. Europe needs the middle east's resources and people. There are definite UN initiatives in place for population control, economic sustainability, and interestingly enough, empowering women. Right now, the world needs European countries to be successful more so than countries in the middle east.

http://qz.com/715845/british-stocks-lost-125-billion-after-brexit-or-15-years-worth-of-eu-contributions/  :hahaha:
The FTSE 100 has completely recovered to pre brexit levels as of today, and the FTSE 250 has recovered by 5%. Not a bad bounce back for one week. Thinking no one really expects the bottom to fall out of anything.

Amazing, considering how much frenzy the media and the corrupted politicians are causing.  There will be more shit hitting the fan next week.  Mass murderer's like Alastair Campbell have been trying to get their words in while they can blaming Corbyn for the referendum result, the usual crap.  They are trying their best to make some smoke to hide away from their crimes and are frantically trying to remove Corbyn before the Chilcot Report is released next week.  Hopefully this year people like Campbell and Blair can be locked away and also we can have a General Election.  Big change could be on its way. 
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

"When men lead by words that are false as they preach
Fatality waits in the wings
Surrounded by fools behind walls that are breached
Beware of the jester that sings"

Leeeeeaaaave Benji alooooooone!  :bigcry:

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #281 on: July 01, 2016, 04:44:22 PM »

Fucking awful :thumbdn:

Genuinely feel devastated :'(

Stayed up all night watching the results come through with a growing sense of horror.

Got about an hours sleep, and now I just want to cry >:(

Yeah, my colleagues in London spent most of the time cursing when I talked to them this morning. It's a disaster.

I don't think most of the people who voted know how bad this is.

That's because London is in a bubble and has no idea what happens in the real world.  The backbone of the country has spoken!  Democracy has one, the corporate machine has taken a smashing but will punish the working class for making the wrong choice.

Actually I think it's rather the other way around. The real world is not just some shithole in Wales these days, like it or not. Isolationism doesn't work.

See look at you, you arrogant cunt.  Your retarded heroes like Damon Albarn and his flock are isolationists, and they do not tolerate and accept democratic results that go against them.  You're allowed to have an opinion, as long as it's the right one.  London is a mess, it is being socially cleansed and the victims of that have bitten back.

As I mentioned above, it seems pretty easy to see millions voted a specific way, to say they all are bigots and/or stupid seems ironically either bigoted and/or stupid.
There were pros and cons. People chose what they were prepared to accept and voted accordingly.  That more people placed importance on leaving than Odeon and Butterflies did is neither here nor there. It was their choice to make and they made it.
This whole Wales shithole comment sounds a little bit pissy.

The sad truth is that this is an issue that should never had been voted on because it's beyond the morons in the shitholes in Wales. Fear-mongering won, not facts, best witnessed by the Leave campaign's leaders nowhere close to offering a single practical way to solve the mess they were instrumental in creating. Seriously. When did they provide a single workable plan? They've already backed on most of the promises the made, and for good reason. Invoking Article 50 will be the undoing of the union, and the union's economy.

So yes, of course it's a pissy comment, but it's a comparatively mild reaction. There are far worse.

God, you really are a complete imbecile and Joseph Stalin's wet dream.  'Please save us the ones that have destroyed the country, we're too stupid to make decisions for ourselves'  :'(   Try reading some George Orwell novels. 

Oh yeah, because your hero Cameron and co didn't try to use fear, claiming there would be WWIII if we left or we would be voting in ISIS's interests, and the way the media used Jo Cox's death.

Idiot. Cameron was never my hero but he, unlike Boris et al, does have a point. WWIII is news to me, though. Care to elaborate?

But here's the thing: I know I'm right and will be here in a year or two when you will recall the good old days when you had money. And I will remind you.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/brexit-could-trigger-world-war-7928607

You don't know anything.  Like I've said before, you are more interested in being right than the truth.  You are so insecure it's embarrassing.

I watched through the clip. Did you? The headlines say "could trigger WWIII" but Cameron didn't.

I got that wrong, he didn't actually say those words, but I'm sure you'll be honest and admit that's the exact point he's trying to make.  Sick of him to do such a thing.

Just as you got it wrong with NHS and the £350 million. Get used to being wrong a lot.

And no, he did not imply WW3. If you're honest, you'll admit it. He was rather referring to one of the main reasons to why the EU came to be in the first place, which is still a valid reason.

And today it got even more obvious that the Leave campaigners lack any kind of plan. Boris doesn't even believe in the shit he advocated, and he pretty much admitted it by stepping down. I guess it came as a huge shock to him and his former pal Gove that Cameron had not intention to invoke Article 50 or help negotiate anything. Now, none of them is keen on invoking Article 50 because they know it equals political suicide. Somebody is going to be blamed when it all goes to shit.

Did you know that it's most likely illegal for them to do it anyway? Only legislation can repeal legislation, so the Parliament--and the Queen--will both have to approve the new legislation giving the PM the power to invoke Article 50.

At which point the House of Lords could easily block the legislation for another year.

In the meanwhile, nothing gets negotiated because the EU has clearly said that no negotiations will take place before the UK state their intentions. Even then, the negotiations are likely to be about the exit, not about a new deal. This was pointed out by the EU Trade Commissioner today.

Of course, while all this is happening (that is, very little is happening beyond the pound dropping and your economy going to shit), you are still a member of the EU but one shunned by the other members.

But eventually, if by some miracle the new legislation is passed and a future PM is brave enough for a political suicide, Article 50 is invoked and a minimum of two years is spent negotiating the terms of that exit, eventually there could be negotiations for a new deal. Now, those will take years and years--Canada, anyone?--and if the UK wants the Single Market, a minimum, non-negotiable, condition of that is free movement, but also a number of other conditions that nobody mentioned before the referendum. All of which the UK (or what's left of it) will accept because by then, the business is far more important than Nigel and his cronies, and the backwater Wales farmers who voted for them, because the recession has arrived, jobs are scarce and a lot of institutions, cities and forgotten-about villages, not to mention the NHS, all remember fondly the EU structural contributions that, once upon a time, helped them prosper.

I hope I'm wrong but I don't think I am.

I thought you were talking about Farage anyway.  Like I said, I didn't pay too much attention to Boris and Gove or any of the debates, I've seen it all before and focused more on radio shows where "experts" from both sides were coming on and just saying the complete opposite from each other.  The intention was to confuse people. 

"Can we be so sure peace and stability on our continent are assured beyond any shadow of doubt? Is that a risk worth taking?

"I would never be so rash to make that assumption."

Sound like he was talking in any kind of past tense there ^ does it?  Once again you prove you cannot deal with or admit when you are wrong.  Grow up. 

Boris would not employ Gove's friends like George Osborne, so Gove turned on Boris as he probably felt he'd betrayed his chums enough.  We need to have an immediate General Election.  The trouble is, your heroes were so arrogant and thought the public was too stupid and easily fooled to vote to leave the EU, so they made no plans in case of a leave vote.  The Leave campaigners were not selected by the public, and to be honest it should have been Daniel Hannan or Nigel Farage at the helm, people who were actually prepared to leave and prepared for leaving and actually believe what they say.  It should actually be up to David Cameron to enforce the democratic wishes of the people, but instead, your hero cowardly resigned immediately.  I actually agree with the EU on this, we need to leave first then strike a deal.  We should strike a deal like Israel has, trade with the EU and just have an immigration system that brings back Brits from abroad and removes non Brits perhaps?  We definitely need a General Election soon, choose a government with them knowing they have to take us out and strike a deal and let the public choose. 

Yes, I wouldn't be surprised if we just stayed in the EU, but then they know that could lead to riots or civil war.  Peter Hitchens who is against the EU, is also against referendums, for the reasons you stated. 

Like I said, we can have a deal like Israel, and people should be asking that question why they get away with it.  You pray you are right, but I have faith in the country to fight for justice.  It's time we take on the big corporations and make them pay real tax.  We can also renationalise our Post Office and Rail Service if we get away from the EU and those sick trade treaties that we done against what is best for the people of the country. 
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #282 on: July 01, 2016, 04:45:49 PM »
The latest from the Pea!

Benji's asking me for video responses. Could you post them for me?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd2GyJGq-CA&feature=youtu.be

"For England, Benji!"

Intensitysquared: Response to BenjaminBreeg
Video's gone and I don't have a copy. So I'm uploading this one instead. I mention SNP constituencies and the Plymouth Colony disaster in this video. Apologi...
youtube.com

Thanks, I will take a look  :viking:

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #283 on: July 01, 2016, 04:48:41 PM »

I knew the facts I needed to know long before you moved here.  I did not vote for Boris or Gove you moron, I voted to leave the European Union.  No one knew Cameron was going to resign.  You have very good hindsight though  :wanker:

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #284 on: July 01, 2016, 04:51:20 PM »

That seems a little dishonest, Odeon. Benji and ANY Brexiter can dislike ANY person who agrees with them on the subject of Brexit. Their agreeing with the principle of UK exiting the UK DOES NOT mean that they MUST agree with and like Johnson and it is the height of idiocy to imply that. (adding case you missed it the first time around, neither does he need to explain other positions Boris may have, defend his personality or outline every strategy the government may possibly make around the future non-EU UK)

If for example someone wants UK out of the EU because they consider the EU a bit of a totalitarian regime in which they feel UK does not get a good representation, that is light years away from someone who is wanting to exit EU because they are racist and believe it will stop the Middle Eastern immigrants. The two are not comparable and it is dishonest and stupid to say if you believe one you believe both and you must agree with each other of all issues.

I see you do this in my callout too and it is ridiculous. IF Benji is a fool as you keep telling us then acting like a fool does not seem to make that case at all.

He just makes up the rules up as he goes along.  The crap he's coming out with shouldn't even need to be corrected, he ought to know better, he literally just parrots what he sees on TV.