Educational

Author Topic: Brexit omelette with ham and cheese.  (Read 27665 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Brexit omelette with ham and cheese.
« Reply #255 on: June 29, 2016, 05:08:48 PM »
Though it was twisted what was said.  It was said that we could spend the £350 million on things like the NHS, it wasn't claimed that we would spend £350 million on the NHS.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I do not have the right not to do so
« Reply #256 on: June 29, 2016, 05:14:24 PM »
You really don't understand what the working class actually are.  You can't move away from the country and tell us what we should vote for.  The working class have had enough of their wages being smashed.  I live here and have worked with as well as for the working class of the past and present.  You live in a dream world Butterflies.  The result speaks for itself.  Live with it.

You're in for a surprise, Benji. Brexit will hurt the "working class" far more than the any other "class" but unfortunately you and your likes have yet to realise it. I'm betting you will, though, since a recession is very much character-building in that respect.

I'm also betting that even now, a mere two days after the fact, enough people who voted Leave have woken up to spot the first couple of the many broken promises and outright lies, and a very different result would be the outcome if another referendum was held.

And finally, while Merkel and a few others think there is no reason to be particularly nasty, they are a minority. I suspect any deal the UK is likely to get will either severely limit access to the European market or force the UK to agree with every major regulation in place, meaning that in reality, Brexis will have achieved very little beyond the UK losing its right to vote.

The working class were far better off before we were forced into the "Common Market" and then tricked into staying with the first referendum.  Most working class people could work hard and save for a property.

You don't know shit.  It's obvious to anyone that there would be negative consequences to begin with and we are suffering like we've actually left Europe already because of it, but not paying that £20,000 a minute will help this country massively.  If people were shown the real facts and educated on the past and how we've been taken in this far without being asked, we'd have voted "leave" in a landslide.  You want to talk about lies?  All the endless tripe and propaganda from your heroes Cameron and boy George.  When's WWIII starting?  Apparently voting out was what ISIS wanted?  Osbourne was going to launch an emergency budget!  Sure, the powers that be will punish the working class for making this decision.  But why punish the people?  How about starting to tax Google properly?  How about stop spending money on sickening wars?  Or perfecting nukes which is basically against International Law?  We had a "recession" while we were in the EU.  The powers that be can do what they like and get away with it.  What lies are you talking about anyway?  Please don't tell me it's about the NHS thing. 

I'd imagine we will just sign a deal that pretty much means we're in the EU but not on paper, and if that happens it will wake people up further to the corruption we are dealing with.  We don't make any decisions in the EU anyway, the unelected crooks and their friends do.

Fucking hell you are naive. In the words of EU politicians, you are back to 0. The only way you will access to the Single Market, which, in spite of what you morons think, is the key to your country's economy, is by going back on pretty much everything Boris, Nigel & Co promised you, but without voting rights. It will cost you more than the EU ever did.

Idiot.

Aww, you listen to EU politicians.  Our country is financially ruined, the EU relies on us, hence why they are so angry.  Or you think they're so angry cause they care so much about the UK's working people?   :hahaha:   All we have is a false economy based on mass immigration.  We have been monumentally fucked for years, but the media lets Osbourne and other 'experts' off because they suck the right dick.  You're so thick, naive and tragic that I feel genuinely sorry for you.

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/news/article-3551419/Osborne-overshoots-borrowing-target-74bn-budget-deficit-financial-year.html

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/news/article-3551419/Osborne-overshoots-borrowing-target-74bn-budget-deficit-financial-year.html

http://qz.com/715845/british-stocks-lost-125-billion-after-brexit-or-15-years-worth-of-eu-contributions/  :hahaha:

Idiot.

Duh, that's after a day.  A lot of that is the fault of the arrogant cunts that didn't think the British people would dare vote against the establishment.  Stuff like this was always going to happen.  I know you're desperate to be proved right in a hurry to help your fragile ego, but we cannot make any judgments until we've made a deal and seen the benefits of that £20,000 a minute back. 
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

"When men lead by words that are false as they preach
Fatality waits in the wings
Surrounded by fools behind walls that are breached
Beware of the jester that sings"

Leeeeeaaaave Benji alooooooone!  :bigcry:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #257 on: June 29, 2016, 05:16:18 PM »

Fucking awful :thumbdn:

Genuinely feel devastated :'(

Stayed up all night watching the results come through with a growing sense of horror.

Got about an hours sleep, and now I just want to cry >:(

Yeah, my colleagues in London spent most of the time cursing when I talked to them this morning. It's a disaster.

I don't think most of the people who voted know how bad this is.

That's because London is in a bubble and has no idea what happens in the real world.  The backbone of the country has spoken!  Democracy has one, the corporate machine has taken a smashing but will punish the working class for making the wrong choice.

Actually I think it's rather the other way around. The real world is not just some shithole in Wales these days, like it or not. Isolationism doesn't work.

See look at you, you arrogant cunt.  Your retarded heroes like Damon Albarn and his flock are isolationists, and they do not tolerate and accept democratic results that go against them.  You're allowed to have an opinion, as long as it's the right one.  London is a mess, it is being socially cleansed and the victims of that have bitten back.

As I mentioned above, it seems pretty easy to see millions voted a specific way, to say they all are bigots and/or stupid seems ironically either bigoted and/or stupid.
There were pros and cons. People chose what they were prepared to accept and voted accordingly.  That more people placed importance on leaving than Odeon and Butterflies did is neither here nor there. It was their choice to make and they made it.
This whole Wales shithole comment sounds a little bit pissy.

The sad truth is that this is an issue that should never had been voted on because it's beyond the morons in the shitholes in Wales. Fear-mongering won, not facts, best witnessed by the Leave campaign's leaders nowhere close to offering a single practical way to solve the mess they were instrumental in creating. Seriously. When did they provide a single workable plan? They've already backed on most of the promises the made, and for good reason. Invoking Article 50 will be the undoing of the union, and the union's economy.

So yes, of course it's a pissy comment, but it's a comparatively mild reaction. There are far worse.

God, you really are a complete imbecile and Joseph Stalin's wet dream.  'Please save us the ones that have destroyed the country, we're too stupid to make decisions for ourselves'  :'(   Try reading some George Orwell novels. 

Oh yeah, because your hero Cameron and co didn't try to use fear, claiming there would be WWIII if we left or we would be voting in ISIS's interests, and the way the media used Jo Cox's death.

Idiot. Cameron was never my hero but he, unlike Boris et al, does have a point. WWIII is news to me, though. Care to elaborate?

But here's the thing: I know I'm right and will be here in a year or two when you will recall the good old days when you had money. And I will remind you.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/brexit-could-trigger-world-war-7928607

You don't know anything.  Like I've said before, you are more interested in being right than the truth.  You are so insecure it's embarrassing.

I watched through the clip. Did you? The headlines say "could trigger WWIII" but Cameron didn't.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #258 on: June 29, 2016, 05:18:28 PM »
You really don't understand what the working class actually are.  You can't move away from the country and tell us what we should vote for.  The working class have had enough of their wages being smashed.  I live here and have worked with as well as for the working class of the past and present.  You live in a dream world Butterflies.  The result speaks for itself.  Live with it.

You're in for a surprise, Benji. Brexit will hurt the "working class" far more than the any other "class" but unfortunately you and your likes have yet to realise it. I'm betting you will, though, since a recession is very much character-building in that respect.

I'm also betting that even now, a mere two days after the fact, enough people who voted Leave have woken up to spot the first couple of the many broken promises and outright lies, and a very different result would be the outcome if another referendum was held.

And finally, while Merkel and a few others think there is no reason to be particularly nasty, they are a minority. I suspect any deal the UK is likely to get will either severely limit access to the European market or force the UK to agree with every major regulation in place, meaning that in reality, Brexis will have achieved very little beyond the UK losing its right to vote.

The working class were far better off before we were forced into the "Common Market" and then tricked into staying with the first referendum.  Most working class people could work hard and save for a property.

You don't know shit.  It's obvious to anyone that there would be negative consequences to begin with and we are suffering like we've actually left Europe already because of it, but not paying that £20,000 a minute will help this country massively.  If people were shown the real facts and educated on the past and how we've been taken in this far without being asked, we'd have voted "leave" in a landslide.  You want to talk about lies?  All the endless tripe and propaganda from your heroes Cameron and boy George.  When's WWIII starting?  Apparently voting out was what ISIS wanted?  Osbourne was going to launch an emergency budget!  Sure, the powers that be will punish the working class for making this decision.  But why punish the people?  How about starting to tax Google properly?  How about stop spending money on sickening wars?  Or perfecting nukes which is basically against International Law?  We had a "recession" while we were in the EU.  The powers that be can do what they like and get away with it.  What lies are you talking about anyway?  Please don't tell me it's about the NHS thing. 

I'd imagine we will just sign a deal that pretty much means we're in the EU but not on paper, and if that happens it will wake people up further to the corruption we are dealing with.  We don't make any decisions in the EU anyway, the unelected crooks and their friends do.

Fucking hell you are naive. In the words of EU politicians, you are back to 0. The only way you will access to the Single Market, which, in spite of what you morons think, is the key to your country's economy, is by going back on pretty much everything Boris, Nigel & Co promised you, but without voting rights. It will cost you more than the EU ever did.

Idiot.

Aww, you listen to EU politicians.  Our country is financially ruined, the EU relies on us, hence why they are so angry.  Or you think they're so angry cause they care so much about the UK's working people?   :hahaha:   All we have is a false economy based on mass immigration.  We have been monumentally fucked for years, but the media lets Osbourne and other 'experts' off because they suck the right dick.  You're so thick, naive and tragic that I feel genuinely sorry for you.

http://qz.com/715845/british-stocks-lost-125-billion-after-brexit-or-15-years-worth-of-eu-contributions/  :hahaha:

Idiot.

Duh, that's after a day.  A lot of that is the fault of the arrogant cunts that didn't think the British people would dare vote against the establishment.  Stuff like this was always going to happen.  I know you're desperate to be proved right in a hurry to help your fragile ego, but we cannot make any judgments until we've made a deal and seen the benefits of that £20,000 a minute back.

Duh.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/jun/27/property-and-financial-shares-slide-as-referendum-fallout-hits-stock-markets

- Albert Einstein

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #259 on: June 29, 2016, 05:21:02 PM »

You can't move away from the country and tell us what we should vote for.

Why? Technically I had as much right to vote as you :-\

You really don't understand what the working class actually are.

Yes I do. I smell them every time I use public transport :P

Seriously, it's you who doesn't understand what the working class are. You think that being working class means racist, ignorant, and uneducated. This is not what working class is. That is an insult to the working class.

Okay, "can't" was the wrong word, it's just a bit rich. 

No I do not, that's what you're putting them down as but saying they aren't the working class because they're "racist" etc.  A lot of the working class are like that, well most of the country are ignorant and just have selected education.  It's the people who think they are so well educated and are so smug because they think they know so much better, but in reality they are just as naive and oblivious and are doing the work of the corporate machine for them.

"This country has had enough of experts."

God you are stupid.

I'm talking about people like you, you fucking moron, and rich students.  Why did you quote me on something I didn't even write?  Are you that naive and thick that you don't realise 'experts' can be corrupt and funnily enough, wrong?  What actual 'experts' are you talking about?  You are actually too insecure and retarded to make your own decisions aren't you?   

It's a quote that fit, because you're not letting facts get in your way.

God you will suffer.

Please enlighten me with these facts?

Sure.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/06/27/news/economy/brexit-broken-promises/

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/20/world/europe/britain-referendum-brexit-european-union.html

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/a3a92744-3a52-11e6-9a05-82a9b15a8ee7.html#axzz4D0laYLye

Let me know if you need more.

Just the same old tripe.  I've already answered these points. 
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #260 on: June 29, 2016, 05:23:22 PM »
Though it was twisted what was said.  It was said that we could spend the £350 million on things like the NHS, it wasn't claimed that we would spend £350 million on the NHS.

Fine.  Well then let Boris and co answer to that, as they should. 

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #261 on: June 29, 2016, 05:25:27 PM »
You voted for Brexit, surely you'd know about this?

- Albert Einstein

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #262 on: June 29, 2016, 05:28:25 PM »

Stayed up all night watching the results come through with a growing sense of horror.

Yeah, my colleagues in London spent most of the time cursing when I talked to them this morning. It's a disaster.

That's because London is in a bubble and has no idea what happens in the real world.  The backbone of the country has spoken!  Democracy has one, the corporate machine has taken a smashing but will punish the working class for making the wrong choice.

Actually I think it's rather the other way around. The real world is not just some shithole in Wales these days, like it or not. Isolationism doesn't work.

See look at you, you arrogant cunt.  Your retarded heroes like Damon Albarn and his flock are isolationists, and they do not tolerate and accept democratic results that go against them.  You're allowed to have an opinion, as long as it's the right one.  London is a mess, it is being socially cleansed and the victims of that have bitten back.

As I mentioned above, it seems pretty easy to see millions voted a specific way, to say they all are bigots and/or stupid seems ironically either bigoted and/or stupid.
There were pros and cons. People chose what they were prepared to accept and voted accordingly.  That more people placed importance on leaving than Odeon and Butterflies did is neither here nor there. It was their choice to make and they made it.

The sad truth is that this is an issue that should never had been voted on because it's beyond the morons in the shitholes in Wales. Fear-mongering won, not facts, best witnessed by the Leave campaign's leaders nowhere close to offering a single practical way to solve the mess they were instrumental in creating. Seriously. When did they provide a single workable plan? They've already backed on most of the promises the made, and for good reason. Invoking Article 50 will be the undoing of the union, and the union's economy.

So yes, of course it's a pissy comment, but it's a comparatively mild reaction. There are far worse.

God, you really are a complete imbecile and Joseph Stalin's wet dream.  'Please save us the ones that have destroyed the country, we're too stupid to make decisions for ourselves'  :'(   Try reading some George Orwell novels. 

Oh yeah, because your hero Cameron and co didn't try to use fear, claiming there would be WWIII if we left or we would be voting in ISIS's interests, and the way the media used Jo Cox's death.

Idiot. Cameron was never my hero but he, unlike Boris et al, does have a point. WWIII is news to me, though. Care to elaborate?

But here's the thing: I know I'm right and will be here in a year or two when you will recall the good old days when you had money. And I will remind you.

You don't know anything.  Like I've said before, you are more interested in being right than the truth.  You are so insecure it's embarrassing.

I watched through the clip. Did you? The headlines say "could trigger WWIII" but Cameron didn't.

I got that wrong, he didn't actually say those words, but I'm sure you'll be honest and admit that's the exact point he's trying to make.  Sick of him to do such a thing. 
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 05:32:27 PM by benjimanbreeg »

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #263 on: June 29, 2016, 05:31:22 PM »
You voted for Brexit, surely you'd know about this?

Do you not read what I write?  I said I do not give a shit about Boris and Co, I was into this way before the whole 'Brexit' thing.  I have already told you why I voted out.  Boris is a cunt, Gove is a cunt.  I was astonished that we voted to 'leave' with those 2 parasites at the helm. 

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #264 on: June 29, 2016, 06:10:33 PM »

You raise a very interesting point.  It makes me wonder again if we're so global now, why we keep blowing up other parts of the globe.
Not really so global, but getting there, and probably about breaking some eggs or some such metaphor. Europe needs the middle east's resources and people. There are definite UN initiatives in place for population control, economic sustainability, and interestingly enough, empowering women. Right now, the world needs European countries to be successful more so than countries in the middle east.

The FTSE 100 has completely recovered to pre brexit levels as of today, and the FTSE 250 has recovered by 5%. Not a bad bounce back for one week. Thinking no one really expects the bottom to fall out of anything.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 06:27:24 PM by Jack »

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #265 on: June 29, 2016, 07:42:30 PM »
Oh, and this is sort of fun. In that horrible traffic accident victim kind of way. Lots of twisted metal.

In a weird way, I agree!   
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #266 on: June 29, 2016, 07:46:01 PM »
The latest from the Pea!

Benji's asking me for video responses. Could you post them for me?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd2GyJGq-CA&feature=youtu.be

"For England, Benji!"

Intensitysquared: Response to BenjaminBreeg
Video's gone and I don't have a copy. So I'm uploading this one instead. I mention SNP constituencies and the Plymouth Colony disaster in this video. Apologi...
youtube.com

"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #267 on: June 29, 2016, 09:23:29 PM »
This is interesting

I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #268 on: June 30, 2016, 11:23:41 AM »
Wondering if the UK will survive this. :-\

Britania has survived a thousand challenges over as many years and more.

I think they will survive.

The matter of TeH UK is still in question, though.
I am no less worried than I was on Day One of the vote.

As much as I may dis' the Brits in an historical context, they are very important to this country in the modern era.

I fear the union might not survive, tbh.

Kind of what I was getting at in my middle sentence.

I can not really manage contrition, but, while I have piled on a bit to the Brits over most of my life.  I do not want to see the union dissolve.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #269 on: June 30, 2016, 04:34:32 PM »

I got that wrong, he didn't actually say those words, but I'm sure you'll be honest and admit that's the exact point he's trying to make.  Sick of him to do such a thing.

Just as you got it wrong with NHS and the £350 million. Get used to being wrong a lot.

And no, he did not imply WW3. If you're honest, you'll admit it. He was rather referring to one of the main reasons to why the EU came to be in the first place, which is still a valid reason.

And today it got even more obvious that the Leave campaigners lack any kind of plan. Boris doesn't even believe in the shit he advocated, and he pretty much admitted it by stepping down. I guess it came as a huge shock to him and his former pal Gove that Cameron had not intention to invoke Article 50 or help negotiate anything. Now, none of them is keen on invoking Article 50 because they know it equals political suicide. Somebody is going to be blamed when it all goes to shit.

Did you know that it's most likely illegal for them to do it anyway? Only legislation can repeal legislation, so the Parliament--and the Queen--will both have to approve the new legislation giving the PM the power to invoke Article 50.

At which point the House of Lords could easily block the legislation for another year.

In the meanwhile, nothing gets negotiated because the EU has clearly said that no negotiations will take place before the UK state their intentions. Even then, the negotiations are likely to be about the exit, not about a new deal. This was pointed out by the EU Trade Commissioner today.

Of course, while all this is happening (that is, very little is happening beyond the pound dropping and your economy going to shit), you are still a member of the EU but one shunned by the other members.

But eventually, if by some miracle the new legislation is passed and a future PM is brave enough for a political suicide, Article 50 is invoked and a minimum of two years is spent negotiating the terms of that exit, eventually there could be negotiations for a new deal. Now, those will take years and years--Canada, anyone?--and if the UK wants the Single Market, a minimum, non-negotiable, condition of that is free movement, but also a number of other conditions that nobody mentioned before the referendum. All of which the UK (or what's left of it) will accept because by then, the business is far more important than Nigel and his cronies, and the backwater Wales farmers who voted for them, because the recession has arrived, jobs are scarce and a lot of institutions, cities and forgotten-about villages, not to mention the NHS, all remember fondly the EU structural contributions that, once upon a time, helped them prosper.

I hope I'm wrong but I don't think I am.

- Albert Einstein