Educational

Author Topic: Brexit omelette with ham and cheese.  (Read 27570 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Brexit omelette with ham and cheese.
« Reply #195 on: June 28, 2016, 07:39:00 PM »
This is going to be a fucking disaster

MY favorite "new"  made up word salad I thought up is "disastrophe!"

I think it may apply.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #196 on: June 28, 2016, 07:43:07 PM »
https://www.facebook.com/

Why did you post that?

Because it seemed appropriate!   Deal with it or whatever!   ::)

It's only a link to facebook, and nothing more. Were you trying to link something specific from facebook? :dunno:

If it doesn't come thru.....oh well!  Not my problem!   
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #197 on: June 28, 2016, 07:51:32 PM »

Why did you post that?

It's only a link to facebook, and nothing more. Were you trying to link something specific from facebook? :dunno:

It comes through just fine, for a link to facebook.com.  :hahaha:
:gopher:

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #198 on: June 28, 2016, 07:58:41 PM »

Why did you post that?

It works fine for me mcmanslag!    :hahaha:
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #199 on: June 28, 2016, 08:05:33 PM »

Why did you post that?

It works fine for me mcmanslag!    :hahaha:

It's only a link for facebook.com. For anyone who isn't logged into facebook, it leads to the log-in page for facebook. If someone is already logged in, I'm guessing it takes them to their own personal facebook page. So, yeah, whatever you're trying to do only works for you.  :dunno:

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #200 on: June 28, 2016, 08:07:27 PM »
C'est la vie!   It must help to keep creepazoids off my fb page!
 :heisenberg:

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #201 on: June 28, 2016, 08:18:20 PM »
Are you trying to link an image?  :orly: Right click on the image and then select: properties, from the menu. In the properties window, copy the url. Then paste the url into the message window of your post. Highlight the url, and then click on the little icon that looks like the mona lisa at the top of the reply box --> This will insert img codes before and after the url. If you quote this message, you can see the img codes I used to link picture of the url for the mona lisa image icon. Then post, and the image will be displayed in the post.  :thumbup:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #202 on: June 28, 2016, 09:27:23 PM »

Do not know this rockhound guy, but I would bet that he, along with most every one else, knows how to do that AND make the image "clicky"  as well if desired. Nice tutorial, though for those who are just getting started.

:thumbup:

Seems as if I missed a lot of posts taking the week end off for my own enjoyment(s) and toil.

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #203 on: June 29, 2016, 02:04:03 AM »

Do not know this rockhound guy, but I would bet that he, along with most every one else, knows how to do that AND make the image "clicky"  as well if desired. Nice tutorial, though for those who are just getting started.

:thumbup:

Seems as if I missed a lot of posts taking the week end off for my own enjoyment(s) and toil.

Rock hound used to be called Ozymandias, DD.

I am hyke, btw. Silly mood made me chance my name is something meaning "an/the other way around". Hence my upside down avatar too.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #204 on: June 29, 2016, 04:50:48 AM »
I was asked by Pea to post this:  The views are not mine, however, this is in the interest of free speech. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2SifV5fSng&feature=youtu.be

This video seems to be all about me :dunno: He's even calling me by my real name on a Youtube video :-\

It's sweet that he's "not criticized me for being lesbian," and "not really criticized me for being Scottish" :laugh:

Is he mentally ill?

Is it possible that Pea is FourAceDeal? Sorry to FAD if that''s not the case.

That is your insult default isn't it. No judging, but it is isn't it?
If you disagree with a position or don't like the person, you call them mentally ill or crazy or the like.

I suggest that it usually is more likely that people have different thoughts and perspectives than you and that neither make you right nor more sane for having different thoughts.

By all means though, keep throwing that out there.

You didn't actually watch the video, did you  :facepalm2:

I didn't suggest Pea was mentally ill because he disagrees with me.

No disrespect to Pea, I quite like him. But, I suggested he was mentally ill, because his whole video was an epic display of misjudgements. I felt embarrassed for him.

He's graciously "not criticized me for being a lesbian" :o
He's "not really criticized me for being Scottish" :facepalm2:
And he decided to do this, whilst using my real name.

It was toe-curlingly cringeworth from start to finish, and I'm amazed that a sane person would ever make the conscious decision to post it for others to see.

I can understand why you may not have wasted 15 minutes of your life watching that abortion of a video, but I am surprised that you were incapable of deducing from my reply to the video that I wasn't questioning Peas sanity for holding a different opinion to me. I was questioning his sanity because of his serious misjudgements in his comments towards me.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #205 on: June 29, 2016, 06:24:13 AM »
No I didn't.

Now back to what I said. It is your go-to insult isn't it? You called me crazy, Pea mentally ill and  FourAceDeal mentally ill. It is your default insult.

It seems quite blatantly obvious that when you disagree with someone's opinion, you call them mentally ill. I do get the rationale behind it too.

In the same way you described all the Brexiters as being racists (yes the whole 17 million or whatever), it is a great way or instantly and uncritically delegitimising any point that someone else may have that differs from yours.

Its far more likely that there is racists and not in the majority of either Brexiters and Bremains, but in both ranks. It is also far more likely that mental illness is NOT the reason that people have differing opinions but because your opinions are not the bastion of intellect and reason, but simply run of the mill opinions. Much like most people.

Feel free to keep calling everyone that disagrees with you mentally ill, it is obviously something you are accustomed to doing. By all means call half a population racist if it makes you feel better. I was simply pointing out something I noticed. I do not much care that you do so, just pointing out a pattern.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #206 on: June 29, 2016, 06:49:43 AM »
No I didn't.

Now back to what I said. It is your go-to insult isn't it? You called me crazy, Pea mentally ill and  FourAceDeal mentally ill. It is your default insult.

It seems quite blatantly obvious that when you disagree with someone's opinion, you call them mentally ill. I do get the rationale behind it too.

In the same way you described all the Brexiters as being racists (yes the whole 17 million or whatever), it is a great way or instantly and uncritically delegitimising any point that someone else may have that differs from yours.

Its far more likely that there is racists and not in the majority of either Brexiters and Bremains, but in both ranks. It is also far more likely that mental illness is NOT the reason that people have differing opinions but because your opinions are not the bastion of intellect and reason, but simply run of the mill opinions. Much like most people.

Feel free to keep calling everyone that disagrees with you mentally ill, it is obviously something you are accustomed to doing. By all means call half a population racist if it makes you feel better. I was simply pointing out something I noticed. I do not much care that you do so, just pointing out a pattern.

I called FourAceDeal crazy? I honestly don't remember. Could you show me where, please?
I suggested Pea might be mentally ill, and with good reason. Again, nothing to do with disagreeing with me, and everything to do with the content of his magnificently misjudged video.
I think you"re crazy. Not for disagreeing with me, but because of your behaviour in general. The way you constantly start long term feuds over extremely minor issues, and then refuse to let things drop. They tend to last 3 months :laugh: It's possible that you're not crazy, and are just suffering from a major personality disorder. However, I consider mental illness to be a more charitable explanation than personality disorder.

I have never called all Brexiteers racist.

So Les. Quite a few accusation, but there not very true. Are they :laugh:

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #207 on: June 29, 2016, 08:00:40 AM »
No I didn't.

I called FourAceDeal crazy? I honestly don't remember. Could you show me where, please?
I suggested Pea might be mentally ill, and with good reason. Again, nothing to do with disagreeing with me, and everything to do with the content of his magnificently misjudged video.
I think you"re crazy. Not for disagreeing with me, but because of your behaviour in general. The way you constantly start long term feuds over extremely minor issues, and then refuse to let things drop. They tend to last 3 months :laugh: It's possible that you're not crazy, and are just suffering from a major personality disorder. However, I consider mental illness to be a more charitable explanation than personality disorder.

:laugh: Aren't they? :laugh:

Is he mentally ill?

Fucking awful :thumbdn:

Genuinely feel devastated :'(

Stayed up all night watching the results come through with a growing sense of horror.

Got about an hours sleep, and now I just want to cry >:(

:hug:

Could you vote from where you are?

I put off registering until the last minute, and when I finally got around to register, I couldn't. Turned out that because I hadn't been registered to vote in N.Ireland, I couldn't easily register to vote from here >:( It was way too late to do anything about it. Doesn't matter now though (emo) Leave won by quite a decent margin.

All my friends living here voted though. Obviously they voted remain. Would have been pretty dumb of them to have voted leave :laugh: Also, I think I'd have fallen out with any who voted leave :viking:

One of my friends and his fiance are talking about maybe moving back home because of the vote. They have a young daughter too. I get to play at being an auntie, and they're an awesome family. I'd be completely sick if they left :bigcry:
Hopefully they're just overreacting, and they won't have to leave.

I'm just in the foulest of moods at the moment :angrydance: I still can't quite believe the country voted to do this. Feel such utter contempt for England and Wales right now >:( Can't help feeling this was a vote for racism, intolerance, and isolationism :hitler: Really hope I'm wrong though :(

Back to you
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #208 on: June 29, 2016, 09:02:35 AM »
No I didn't.

:laugh: Aren't they? :laugh:

Is he mentally ill?

Fucking awful :thumbdn:

Genuinely feel devastated :'(

Stayed up all night watching the results come through with a growing sense of horror.

Got about an hours sleep, and now I just want to cry >:(

:hug:

Could you vote from where you are?

I put off registering until the last minute, and when I finally got around to register, I couldn't. Turned out that because I hadn't been registered to vote in N.Ireland, I couldn't easily register to vote from here >:( It was way too late to do anything about it. Doesn't matter now though (emo) Leave won by quite a decent margin.

All my friends living here voted though. Obviously they voted remain. Would have been pretty dumb of them to have voted leave :laugh: Also, I think I'd have fallen out with any who voted leave :viking:

One of my friends and his fiance are talking about maybe moving back home because of the vote. They have a young daughter too. I get to play at being an auntie, and they're an awesome family. I'd be completely sick if they left :bigcry:
Hopefully they're just overreacting, and they won't have to leave.

I'm just in the foulest of moods at the moment :angrydance: I still can't quite believe the country voted to do this. Feel such utter contempt for England and Wales right now >:( Can't help feeling this was a vote for racism, intolerance, and isolationism :hitler: Really hope I'm wrong though :(

Back to you

Here's the full quote. Not the edited one you posted :facepalm2:

This video seems to be all about me :dunno: He's even calling me by my real name on a Youtube video :-\

It's sweet that he's "not criticized me for being lesbian," and "not really criticized me for being Scottish" :laugh:

Is he mentally ill?

Clearly, this was a post about Pea.
I never came close to accusing FAD of being mentally ill. I had no reason to do so.

So, it seems that you lied when you accused me of saying FAD is mentally ill :thumbdn:

Even by your standards Les, that is pitiful. It reeks of intellectual dishonesty :thumbdn:

Can't help feeling this was a vote for racism, intolerance, and isolationism :hitler: Really hope I'm wrong though :(

I fully stand by that comment, and believe it to be true now, just as much as I did when I posted it.

However, that's very different to saying I "described all the Brexiters as being racists (yes the whole 17 million or whatever.")

At no point have I described all 17 million brexiteers as racists. Clearly not every brexiteer is a racist.

So Les, it looks like at best, you were completely wrong, and are desperately trying to quote posts that vaguely back your false claims :thumbdn:
At worst, you were just downright lying :thumbdn:

It's hard to believe that you are genuinely stupid enough to really believe that my posts accused FAD of being mentally ill, or that I accused every brexiteer of being a racist. If I am unable to believe that your mistakes are down to stupidity, then I am left with no option but to conclude that they are down to dishonesty.

Not cool Les. Not cool at all :thumbdn:

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #209 on: June 29, 2016, 09:16:53 AM »
One more word from Pea!   8)

Oh, last comment for a while:

"Well, I aborted the video anyway because of such and such reason.

I'm batshit bonkers. There's nothing sane about me apart from my choice of haircut, I guess.

Anyway, I'm going to sit back and watch Breeg fight for justice on a message board. It's very entertaining and inspiring. I like fellow cray crays."