Educational

Author Topic: Brexit omelette with ham and cheese.  (Read 27718 times)

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
Re: Brexit omelette with ham and cheese.
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2016, 05:08:21 AM »

Fucking awful :thumbdn:

Genuinely feel devastated :'(

Stayed up all night watching the results come through with a growing sense of horror.

Got about an hours sleep, and now I just want to cry >:(

:hug:

Could you vote from where you are?
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2016, 07:24:54 AM »

Stayed up all night watching the results come through with a growing sense of horror.

I felt a surge Patriotism about 9 generations removed from me, for Great Britain. My Irish and England Blood spilled over. LOL .
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 07:27:28 AM by Al Swearengen »
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2016, 07:30:18 AM »

I put off registering until the last minute, and when I finally got around to register, I couldn't. Turned out that because I hadn't been registered to vote in N.Ireland, I couldn't easily register to vote from here >:( It was way too late to do anything about it. Doesn't matter now though (emo) Leave won by quite a decent margin.

All my friends living here voted though. Obviously they voted remain. Would have been pretty dumb of them to have voted leave :laugh: Also, I think I'd have fallen out with any who voted leave :viking:

One of my friends and his fiance are talking about maybe moving back home because of the vote. They have a young daughter too. I get to play at being an auntie, and they're an awesome family. I'd be completely sick if they left :bigcry:
Hopefully they're just overreacting, and they won't have to leave.

I'm just in the foulest of moods at the moment :angrydance: I still can't quite believe the country voted to do this. Feel such utter contempt for England and Wales right now >:( Can't help feeling this was a vote for racism, intolerance, and isolationism :hitler: Really hope I'm wrong though :(

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2016, 07:33:34 AM »

I felt a surge Patriotism about 9 generations removed from me, for Great Britain. My Irish and England Blood spilled over. LOL .

I don't think it was your Irish blood spilling over. Northern Ireland voted convincingly to stay in, and it stands to be royally fucked over by a leave vote.

I'd say it's definitely your English blood stirring. You might like England right now. I think it's only one step away from building a wall to separate it from Europe, and banning foreigners from "undesirable" countries :laugh:
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 07:39:02 AM by Butterflies »

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2016, 07:43:58 AM »

I don't think it was your Irish blood spilling over. Northern Ireland voted convincingly to stay in, and it stands to be royally fucked over by a leave vote.

Maybe not. My Aboriginal and German blood maybe not either. (Though there was another shooting in Germany - a few more and maybe).

Yes the Pound Sterling went into freefall. BUT that is short term stuff. I see the EU as pulling down the more financial nations an dragging up somewhat the less financial nations. Britain would be better pulling away. Not short term and the benefits will not be felt for at least 5 years. This WILL knock them. Its brave and tenacious. Its stalwart in the face of adversity.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2016, 04:04:34 PM »

Yeah, my colleagues in London spent most of the time cursing when I talked to them this morning. It's a disaster.

I don't think most of the people who voted know how bad this is.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2016, 04:11:21 PM »
Fuck them all, tbh. Most people, including the British, have no actual stakes in this, short term. Sure, the pound will sink like the Titanic but it will not significantly affect them in a couple of months. The market is reacting, though, and it's going to be scary.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2016, 04:23:28 PM »
Actually ashamed and embarrassed of my country today

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2016, 04:32:16 PM »
Fuck them all, tbh. Most people, including the British, have no actual stakes in this, short term. Sure, the pound will sink like the Titanic but it will not significantly affect them in a couple of months. The market is reacting, though, and it's going to be scary.

Agreed.
I am a little worried about how the US dollar responding up right now, compared to many foreign currencies,  will affect our economy to trend downward in the mid-term run. We are barely showing signs of recovery a the local marketplaces from our "not a recession"  event.

"... and it is going to be scary."
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 04:34:18 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2016, 04:36:44 PM »

Agreed.
I am a little worried about how the US dollar responding up right now, compared to many foreign currencies,  will affect our economy to trend downward in the mid-term run. We are barely showing signs of recovery a the local marketplaces from our "not a recession"  event.

I took a 6.5 % pay cut today. as a result of this moronic vote. It's going to be scary in so many ways that the British public have no fucking idea.

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2016, 04:38:05 PM »
Actually ashamed and embarrassed of my country today

I've grown very fond of your country and I'm devastated.

- Albert Einstein

Offline MLA

• Elitest Aspie of the Aspie Elite
  • Modulator
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • The internet isn't a library, it's a stage.
« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2016, 04:48:18 PM »

I read an article that said that the number two search term on Google in Britain this morning was "what is the EU".

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2016, 06:20:07 PM »
I saw that too. Is it really that bad?

/she asks, watching as simultaneously massive swaths of the uneducated USA support a bigot with a hairdo.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2016, 09:35:50 PM »

I read an article that said that the number two search term on Google in Britain this morning was "what is the EU".

How fucking appropriate is that?

I really hope it is a joke of some sort.
 :-\
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2016, 09:37:49 PM »

Agreed.

I took a 6.5 % pay cut today. as a result of this moronic vote. It's going to be scary in so many ways that the British public have no fucking idea.

That really sucks. No way else to describe it!

It seems so immediate.
 :GA: