Author Topic: Odeon, need to know a few things  (Read 2462 times)

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
Re: Odeon, need to know a few things
« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2016, 08:06:54 AM »
Who cares, Al? You brought it up, not me, so you answer it. I'm done with all this.

Who bought it up exactly? You did. I mentioned in passing that Zegh was ganging up with Butterflies or visa versa. I did not bring that up as an issue. YOU did.
Who cares? YOU do.
You want to say I meant it in x way or Y way, you are either being dishonest or claiming far more than you could possibly know. It is pretty poor.
I have said before and a number of times that I did not say it in a negative way or with partiality and still you say that I did.

Why?

Its not at all up for question that i am saying unequivocally that what you claim I am meaning, intending or motivated by is incorrect and I say this as someone who actually KNOWS what is in my own head.

So spell out the argument in contrast to my absolute denial of your suspicions of what I thought and meant.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #46 on: June 16, 2016, 12:49:54 AM »
::sigh::

Who cares? Well, for one, Butterflies did. She reacted the same way I did. She had the same interpretation of the term as I did. Words matter, Al, and there is no way you are not aware of the implications of "ganging up".

Why is it that if you use a term "in passing", we're supposed to ignore it since you claim you didn't "say it in a negative way" but you generate page upon page of callout posts if somebody else does it?

You might as well kill that newest callout of yours, btw. I am not going to respond to it, and nor am I interested in continuing this one.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #47 on: June 16, 2016, 06:15:36 AM »
::sigh::

Who cares? Well, for one, Butterflies did. She reacted the same way I did. She had the same interpretation of the term as I did. Words matter, Al, and there is no way you are not aware of the implications of "ganging up".

Why is it that if you use a term "in passing", we're supposed to ignore it since you claim you didn't "say it in a negative way" but you generate page upon page of callout posts if somebody else does it?

You might as well kill that newest callout of yours, btw. I am not going to respond to it, and nor am I interested in continuing this one.

I do not much care whether you are continuing it or not. As I said if you are not prepared to back yourself that is completely on you.

Whether you choose to ignore something or not is entirely your own choice. Did I say you were "supposed to ignore" something? Did I say anything remotely similar? Is this a strawman?

You can react as you feel fit. This is Intensitysquared.

I did find it odd as to your reaction because you ascribed a lot of bullshit to something I wrote, without any intent of any of that. Again....it is like the "hey guys" phrase. Now it MAY offend or make the reader/listener think it is gender specific, BUT if the speaker/writer intended it to NOT be gender specific, then it does not much matter. One is presuming in a specific  sense of what a word means and another in another way.

Here is the big question IF you believe I may have meant "ganging up" in a bad, nasty, bullying, and whatever other way. Then that is fine. If you read it in context that way. That too is fine. If you then questioned me as to this, that too is fine. If you then told me I meant it is a certain way You are an foolish because you do not know what I know and don't know in which way I meant it. If i tell you how I meant it and you are resist to appreciating that it was meant in a different way to to how you thought I meant it and you insist you know how I meant it, you are an idiot.

Where that places you exactly, I don't know. Probably on the sillier side of reasonable or towards idiotic. I don't know why you would imagine that to be a good idea.

Context alone should have broadcasted the situation rather loudly. We are at IntensitySquared. In IntensitySquared grizzling or arguing or debating is pretty standard. What MAY be considered bullying or nasty or whatever is not generally considered that here. In fact were i to highlight each of these occasions as bullying or nasty I would be making multiple reports some days and many of them on myself. So the sheer redundancy of me trying to draw attention to something being bullying or nasty is laughable.

At the time there were a few things going on and a few spates with multiple people joining in together. I think a callout with DFG and Some Bloke too. I do not mind people fighting on here generally nor others having callouts. I game no shits about Butterflies involvement nor gave her a hard time about this. I only mentioned this as a way of drawing attention and mocking Zegh for breaking his one month silent treatment.

There was nothing crafty nor clever in saying "ganging up".

I asked before, IF that phrase was "wrong" what phrase "should" I have used. You refuse to answer and so I will presume it was fine and you are making a big deal over fuck all. I got some great alternatives too.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #48 on: June 16, 2016, 11:16:54 AM »
I'm telling you how I reacted--that the wording you chose implied nastiness--not what you meant, which I don't know. I do know, however, that Butterflies read pretty much the same thing into your post that I did. I also think that there is little chance of you not being aware of the negative connotations of the term.

So you might as well avoid the name-calling for now or I shall have to call you an idiot for missing those connotations

And I'm sure you'll continue this. This is Intensity, where people can post largely uncensored. And, in your case, unread.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #49 on: June 16, 2016, 03:39:52 PM »
I'm telling you how I reacted--that the wording you chose implied nastiness--not what you meant, which I don't know. I do know, however, that Butterflies read pretty much the same thing into your post that I did. I also think that there is little chance of you not being aware of the negative connotations of the term.

So you might as well avoid the name-calling for now or I shall have to call you an idiot for missing those connotations

And I'm sure you'll continue this. This is Intensity, where people can post largely uncensored. And, in your case, unread.

If I attack somebody, at least I have the honesty to read his or her posts while attacking. Hell, even Benji gets that treatment.

May as well, you have already said I was intellectually dishonest and implied I was lying. Why not take the plunge here too?

Butterflies read pretty much the same thing into your post that I did

How do you imagine you will go selling me on ANYTHING Butterflies thinks?
If I showed you somethings that Sol thought of you, would that move you at all? Would it strengthen my position to say that I agreed with him?

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #50 on: June 27, 2016, 09:38:34 PM »
And that seems to be that. Odeon does not appear to read all of what I say prior to responding to me

and yet this seems to be his soapbox by which he sought to condemn me.
If I attack somebody, at least I have the honesty to read his or her posts while attacking. Hell, even Benji gets that treatment.
It is no big thing to have your credibility questioned by someone who is hypocritically doing exactly the same thing. I at least acknowledged that I was doing so and in order to be a jerk. You?