Educational

Author Topic: Skyblue1 got arrested  (Read 2203 times)

Offline Bastet

• Psychotic Mentally Deficient Deranged Bitch
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
Skyblue1 got arrested
« on: May 12, 2016, 11:31:01 AM »
Larry Thomas, a 65-year-old South Carolina barber, was arrested and charged after authorities say he refused to cut a black man's hair and placed his hand on his gun when the customer asked about getting a shave.

"He said, 'I don't do black hair,'" the customer, Arthur Hill, of Fort Mill, S.C., told WCNC. "I asked him does he shave, can he shave me, and he said, 'I don't do black hair.'"

Hill told the news station that he'd never been to the barbershop, but needed a shave before work because he works in the food industry and can't have facial hair.

"I said, 'Are you referring to African-American hair?' He said, 'Yeah,' and at the time, I noticed he already had his hand gripped on a .38 snub-nose chrome revolver," Hill said.

Hill said he left the shop after seeing the gun and called the York County Sheriff's Office.

"I was shocked. I was shocked for my life, because I'm thinking that could've been me laying on the floor dead," Hill told the news station. "He did not point it at me, but it was clear in sight like he meant business."

Thomas was arrested and charged with pointing and presenting firearms at a person, WCNC reports.

"I've had black people come in the door before, and I tell them I don't cut black hair," Thomas told the news station. Thomas said he didn't point the pistol at Hill and added that he keeps the gun at his shop for safety.

Thomas told the news station that while his case is pending he's not allowed to have the gun in the shop.

Hill told the news station that he moved his family from New York to South Carolina for a better life, but that this incident has him reconsidering. 

"I'm thinking about going back," he said. "I've been on this earth for 37 years, and have never experienced something like this

http://www.theroot.com/articles/news/2016/05/_i_don_t_do_black_hair_sc_barber_arrest_for_pulling_gun_on_black_man.html
:kitten: OBSESSIVE AILUROPHILE :kitten:

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

Offline Bastet

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
Re: Skyblue1 got arrested
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2016, 01:06:53 PM »
Despite skyblues issues I think there may be more to the story based on the kind of sensational racially charged stories ive seen on The Root.

http://www.theroot.com/blogs/the_grapevine/2016/03/black_girl_who_punches_white_girl_for_calling_her_the_n_word_becomes_a_meme.html
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 01:47:41 PM by Kittybitty »

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2016, 01:58:15 PM »
Is this actually Skyblue or are you just pulling our legs??

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2016, 01:59:38 PM »
ROFLMFAO, BWAAHHHAHAHAHAH! thats fucking hilarious.,
But how do you know it is,or why do you think its skyblue? I don't mean funny the filth harassed him; but pulling heat to make sure he didn't have to soil
his person handling that repulsive nappy hair that wogs often sprout from their bonce. Can't get contaminated touching the stuff if the head in question gets suddenly spray-squirted over the back wall in greyish-yellow-tinged pink mist form courtesy of a couple of slugs between those beady, scheming, avaricious, misogynistic; nasty little eyes.

The only thing the guy did wrong in pulling his gat, was  failing to pull the fucking trigger and rid the world of another nasty little paras(h)ite.

Can't be certain if thats skyblue, but it does look somewhat like him.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 02:01:10 PM by Lestat »
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2016, 02:34:18 PM »
That's shit what you are talking Lestat.

Can imagine a hairdresser warning someone because of having no experience with some hairtypes when giving a haircut. Completely straight hair, curls and Afro-textured hair ask for very different cutting techniques. And a haircut can go completely wrong if you do not know how to handle that specific hair. Unless a buzzcut is requested.

But this wasn't about a haircut, it was about a shave. That's the same for every face, as far as I get it. Make sure the face is warmed and well lathered. Make sure you have the right tension on the skin and know how to wield the razor blade.
Not a single reason there to refuse a customer.

Most fun cutting hair I ever did was on a woman with two hairtypes. She was double pelted. Courser straight hair, and softer Merino wool like hair. Was almost like sculpting. Awesome. Did do her hair for a few years.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline QuéOnda

• Frequent Poster
  • Spam hunter
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2016, 02:48:24 PM »
It seems to me that SkyBlue is being arrested for pointing a gun, but it doesn't seem he actually did that. Can somebody please tell me what law Larry Thomas actually broke? If it was just refusal to do black hair, then the only thing that should be done is make him change the policy in accordance with the Civil Rights Act of 1964. He shouldn't get jail time.
"Share doubts, fears, and those questions that have no answers; for when it is genuine, when it is born of the need to speak, no one can stop the human voice. When it is denied a mouth, it speaks with the hands or the eyes, or the pores, or anything at all because every single one of us has something to say to others, something that deserves to be celebrated or forgiven by others"-Eduardo Galeano (1940-2015)

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2016, 03:00:08 PM »
I am all broken up over this.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Bastet

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2016, 03:14:34 PM »
That is him. He used to be on my friends list. Genesis can confirm that is his real name.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2016, 04:00:18 PM »
That is him. He used to be on my friends list. Genesis can confirm that is his real name.

Yes it is. Same name and same age.

As much as I would LOVE to write off Skyblue's part in this (and yes the racism thing seems on par), I feel that maybe we have not got the full story.

Here is what I picture:
 Skyblue is a racist and black guy who was just as abrasive, petty and incendiary as him. Argument ensues. Customer baits him with race card, Skyblue jumps in with both feet. Customer gets aggressive Skyblue goes for his gun. Journalist skews the story to sound like a racist attack.
I have seen too much bad reporting to take all this on trust.

Not that I am supporting Skyblue in this and not that I am even correct. Maybe Skyblue was just being a racist asshat
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 06:30:39 PM by Al Swearengen »
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2016, 04:10:16 PM »
Anybody know what charges he's facing, or if he was convicted?

Somethings telling me that he pulled heat because the guy was a wog,  not because he (skyblue, not the erstwhile customer, I mean) just didn't have experience in cutting black hair. And by 'black hair', its obvious that whats meant is not 'hair whos color, is black' but rather 'nappy hair' is the intended meaning.

Could be mistaken but I don't think so. The alternative conclusion would be illogical. Color alone would not dictate a course of action, where cutting/styling only is the requested service. Dying, another kettle of fish there, but that doesn't apply here. If he knows how to cut brown, blonde, ginger, green, pink and blue hair, then he knows how to cut human-style black hair.

That disgusting 'afro' type, or worse, dreadlocks (ick, don't care who, or what they are attached to, or what race, gender, or even species they are on, dreads are just nasty. Impossible to keep clean, and they get ratty, dirty and tangled and snaggy. Lol, dreadlocks always make me think of those dogs, the big shaggy things from the paint can ads, I don't know the name of the breed, but have only ever known them as 'Dulux dogs' :LOL:) is physically different to most human hair.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2016, 04:27:15 PM »
Sounds like he may have pissed off someone else by refusing them before and the word got out.

Not many people travel 10 miles out of their way to a barbershop they've never been to just for a shave.

This was probably planned out.

Now the media will run with this and he can look forward to a stream of racially diverse customers from 20 miles around trying to make a point and force a change or for him to stop cutting hair.

Not going into right or wrong...just saying stuff like this is so damn predictable anymore it's getting boring. Public lynchings never stopped, they've just evolved over the years.

Offline Bastet

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2016, 04:54:57 PM »
Sounds like he may have pissed off someone else by refusing them before and the word got out.

Not many people travel 10 miles out of their way to a barbershop they've never been to just for a shave.

This was probably planned out.

Now the media will run with this and he can look forward to a stream of racially diverse customers from 20 miles around trying to make a point and force a change or for him to stop cutting hair.

Not going into right or wrong...just saying stuff like this is so damn predictable anymore it's getting boring. Public lynchings never stopped, they've just evolved over the years.

They are after gun rights in my opinion and skyblues was an easy target.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2016, 05:30:39 PM »
pulling heat to make sure he didn't have to soil his person handling that repulsive nappy hair that wogs often sprout from their bonce. Can't get contaminated touching the stuff if the head in question gets suddenly spray-squirted over the back wall in greyish-yellow-tinged pink mist form courtesy of a couple of slugs between those beady, scheming, avaricious, misogynistic; nasty little eyes.

The only thing the guy did wrong in pulling his gat, was  failing to pull the fucking trigger and rid the world of another nasty little paras(h)ite.

I wish you many long years choking in a vat of curly black barber's leavings with its tendrils creeping into every orifice of your body.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Bastet

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2016, 05:33:38 PM »
A South Carolina barber refused to service a black man who came in for a shave — then pulled a gun on him, police said.

The Rock Hill barber, Larry Thomas, admitted to the Daily News he cast out the black customer, Arthur Hill. But he insisted he wasn’t being racist — claiming he simply doesn’t know how to cut “black hair.”

“I was educated here in 1964, it was very segregated — we weren’t told how to do black hair,” said Thomas, 65, who says he has been a barber for 51 years.

“There’s a preciseness of it — the guys who cut black hair are real artists.”

He said black customers usually refuse his service anyway when they come in and see that he’s white.

“I stick to middle-aged white guys,” Thomas said.

“My business is a white business.”

But Hill, the would-be customer, said he went into Thomas’ shop Tuesday just asking for a simple shave.

“He said, 'I don't do black hair,’” Hill told WCNC.

“I asked him does he shave, can he shave me, and he said, ‘I don't do black hair.’”

Hill said Thomas, within moments, gripped a snub-nosed .38-caliber revolver.

Hill left the shop without further incident, and reported the barber to police.

Thomas was arrested and charged with pointing and presenting a firearm, but he was back at his business after spending one night in jail and posting $3,000 bond.

Thomas said his case will go to trial, and he cannot keep his weapon in the shop until the case is closed.

Police said the hotheaded hair-snipper has been involved in eight similar incidents since 2007, including one in which he used pepper spray on a customer during an argument.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/barber-refuses-black-customer-services-pulls-gun-article-1.2634800

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2016, 05:35:23 PM »
 :plus: for the other side of the story.

Police said the hotheaded hair-snipper has been involved in eight similar incidents since 2007, including one in which he used pepper spray on a customer during an argument.

How does he still get business?  :zombiefuck:
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.