Educational

Author Topic: Best troll in I2 history??  (Read 5755 times)

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
Re: Best troll in I2 history??
« Reply #120 on: May 08, 2016, 06:27:31 PM »
I'm glad she's not here.

All that seems like eons ago!    :apondering:
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #121 on: May 08, 2016, 06:29:56 PM »
  I used to post on AFF and Aspergian Island on my clunky old CRT monitor, with screechy dialup.  :laugh:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #122 on: May 08, 2016, 06:37:40 PM »
  I used to post on AFF and Aspergian Island on my clunky old CRT monitor, with screechy dialup.  :laugh:

I was an admin with full powers on there for a brief time, before Crucibelle pulled the plug on it.  At the same time my roadrunner email account went belly up.  Not sure if Crucibelle wanted to sell it to me or what.  Either way, I'm glad she did, owning a dead/dying forum was not my idea of a good time.  I'll never know since roadrunner tech support sucked BIG TIME and I was forced to find another way.  Neurolands was the last forum I was an admin on.  When enunaisla(?) bailed out on it and they needed someone.  As for AFF, I still wonder what happened to Amy and Gareth.  My last encounter was seeing Gareth begin to have serious meltdown on FB......something to do with Amy???   :dunno:
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #123 on: May 08, 2016, 06:45:13 PM »

I was an admin with full powers on there for a brief time, before Crucibelle pulled the plug on it.  At the same time my roadrunner email account went belly up.  Not sure if Crucibelle wanted to sell it to me or what.  Either way, I'm glad she did, owning a dead/dying forum was not my idea of a good time.  I'll never know since roadrunner tech support sucked BIG TIME and I was forced to find another way.  Neurolands was the last forum I was an admin on.  When enunaisla(?) bailed out on it and they needed someone.  As for AFF, I still wonder what happened to Amy and Gareth.  My last encounter was seeing Gareth begin to have serious meltdown on FB......something to do with Amy???   :dunno:

I don't know.  It seems there are fewer autism sites now, maybe it's just me.  :-\

People forget.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #124 on: May 08, 2016, 06:52:33 PM »
Yeah. But I'm not sure the fractious tiny sites are any great loss. Forums were spawning and dying in a span of months in those days. And they were all at war with each other.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #125 on: May 08, 2016, 06:53:49 PM »
Yeah. But I'm not sure the fractious tiny sites are any great loss. Forums were spawning and dying in a span of months in those days. And they were all at war with each other.

I was new on the scene and I missed a lot of the wars!  What an exciting time to be online!  :orly:

People forget.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #126 on: May 08, 2016, 06:55:13 PM »
Jack, I have a great idea...a compromise......go to the member's list and PM each and everyone asking them to come back.  Callaway, mcgiver/mcj, nomaken, RobertN, Omegafemale, etc, etc, etc......I cannot be arsed....I have in the past mentioned this place to friends like gwynfryn and others, I'm not sure if I got CBC here, or Gareth, etc.   But, I am not the I2 recruiter, not my circus, not my monkey's...
Jack already does that, at least once per year, and about twice per year for more recently active members. Last PM to Lucifer was February 2015. :M

I'd plus you if you'd take it.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #127 on: May 08, 2016, 06:56:18 PM »
  I was new on the scene and I missed a lot of the wars!  What an exciting time to be online!  :orly:

It really was. I have fond memories of that period. It felt like being part of history.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #128 on: May 08, 2016, 07:18:03 PM »
Jack, I have a great idea...a compromise......go to the member's list and PM each and everyone asking them to come back.  Callaway, mcgiver/mcj, nomaken, RobertN, Omegafemale, etc, etc, etc......I cannot be arsed....I have in the past mentioned this place to friends like gwynfryn and others, I'm not sure if I got CBC here, or Gareth, etc.   But, I am not the I2 recruiter, not my circus, not my monkey's...
Jack already does that, at least once per year, and about twice per year for more recently active members. Last PM to Lucifer was February 2015. :M

I'd plus you if you'd take it.
It's possible that was the only PM to Lucifer; it's difficult to know because of PM purges which also take place about once per year. Though in the case of that particular round of 2/15 PM messages, did in fact message every single inactive member who has ever posted on this forum. Didn't think it would be productive, and previously had avoided people who haven't logged in for several years. That round of messages brought back Graelyn, Walkie, and Loup. It's a shame they didn't stay longer. My PMs indicate the last round of PMs was August 2015 so it would appear I've been slacking, am overdue and need to get to work. :laugh:

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #129 on: May 08, 2016, 07:49:15 PM »
I miss Loup. I didn't think there was any chance that she would come back. Now I'm sorry I wasn't here when she did. She was always interesting to talk to. I miss Walkie too for that matter, but I'm in touch with her through other venues.

I meant the plus for all your efforts of recruiting and bringing people back. I had no idea you'd gone through and systematically PM'ed every single former member.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #130 on: May 08, 2016, 08:24:10 PM »

Quoted for truth!   They either died a quick death or lingered on with a bare handful of members, like apergianisland.   They all started off well, but, then degenerated into infighting and/or flame wars.  Aspergia was one of the first and it's owner/sole admin. blew it up rather than let it linger. 

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #131 on: May 08, 2016, 09:29:44 PM »
I meant the plus for all your efforts of recruiting and bringing people back. I had no idea you'd gone through and systematically PM'ed every single former member.
It makes sense you wouldn't know; my messages have only ever come up in conversation a couple of times when returning members have mentioned it in the forum. Have inspired a number of people to return; some post, some PM back but don't post, some only log in, but they never seem to stay. It probably doesn't much help that most predate me and don't even know who I am. Am only discussing it now because of getting the attitude, if I really cared about people coming back then I should get off my butt and do something about it myself, as if Lucifer would actually give a crap if I might personally be interested in her return. If people who know her don't want to ask her back that's fine; no need to imply I don't care.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #132 on: May 08, 2016, 09:34:31 PM »
You clearly do care and I think that's awesome.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #133 on: May 09, 2016, 08:04:15 AM »
I miss Loup. I didn't think there was any chance that she would come back. Now I'm sorry I wasn't here when she did. She was always interesting to talk to. I miss Walkie too for that matter, but I'm in touch with her through other venues.

Say Hi to Walkie please.

I miss Loup too. Have tried to contact her a few times, not only on I2, also on Spectrumites. Spectrumites does not exist any more. I was delighted when Loup appeared for a while some time ago. Good to see she still existed.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #134 on: May 09, 2016, 08:13:59 AM »
Say Hi to Walkie for me as well!   I miss seeing her!