Author Topic: CBC Advice Thread  (Read 1374 times)

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
Re: CBC Advice Thread
« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2016, 07:23:40 AM »
I moved suburbs a year and a half ago. We used to get huntsman spiders occasionally. There was always at least one around. (I used to call them Harry. occasionally we'd get another and I would call them Barry. So sometimes Barry and Harry cruising around.) Its been a year and a half and no Harry or Barry. We get dandy long leg spiders, but they are meh.

We are not allowed pets. There is a cat that we pat down the road occasionally but I liked having huntsman spiders around to walk past and see where they were and say "G'day Harry"

So...how do I fill this void?

I knew it, you're growing soft over the years.  :laugh:
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2016, 07:48:05 AM »
I moved suburbs a year and a half ago. We used to get huntsman spiders occasionally. There was always at least one around. (I used to call them Harry. occasionally we'd get another and I would call them Barry. So sometimes Barry and Harry cruising around.) Its been a year and a half and no Harry or Barry. We get dandy long leg spiders, but they are meh.

We are not allowed pets. There is a cat that we pat down the road occasionally but I liked having huntsman spiders around to walk past and see where they were and say "G'day Harry"

So...how do I fill this void?

Why aren't you getting any huntsmen around anymore?  Is someone in the neighborhood using
  the services of an exterminator?  Can you find some huntsmen elsewhere and bring them home?

Have you considered the possibility that you might be ... too Australian?  :laugh:

It is the strangest thing.
I think different spiders have different haunts. I saw a redback here and it was the first one I had seen for literally over a decade but they are everywhere in Western Australia.
Huntsman Spiders are usually not that feisty. I like walking past and seeing them motionless somewhere and saying "G'day Harry" No need to feed, pet or bug them. Ultimate low maintenance pet.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #47 on: March 11, 2016, 07:57:54 AM »
Quite a bit easier to live with than a Funnel Web Spider!  From all that I heard!
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2016, 08:06:39 AM »
Quite a bit easier to live with than a Funnel Web Spider!  From all that I heard!

Id take my chances with Harry
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #49 on: March 11, 2016, 08:16:36 AM »

Id take my chances with Harry

I would agree with that!   I wouldn't fancy a trip to the ER for anti-venom treatments! 
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #50 on: March 12, 2016, 12:54:09 AM »
I am having a problem with my dishes.

It seems that every time I wash them or put them in the dishwasher, I take them out and used them again. This results in my having to wash them again.

I'm getting very frustrated. What should I do?
Mark Twain: “Never argue with a [troll], onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #51 on: March 12, 2016, 01:22:19 AM »

It seems that every time I wash them or put them in the dishwasher, I take them out and used them again. This results in my having to wash them again.

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #52 on: March 12, 2016, 07:42:16 AM »

It seems that every time I wash them or put them in the dishwasher, I take them out and use them again. This results in my having to wash them again.

Hello CBC

I do not have a shotgun but i think the slingshot will do brilliantly. but for some reason i anticipate that my partner will be upset. i plan to invite her to use her slingshot as well, but i think she doesn't know where she put hers. i'm not sure i should buy a shotgun. wouldn't a hunting rifle be better? then i could hunt the fat mouse i found in my room last night with only minimal damage to the house.
Mark Twain: “Never argue with a [troll], onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #53 on: March 12, 2016, 07:54:47 AM »
  Mike Ehrmantraut would advise you to use a scoped rifle, for maximum accuracy.  8)
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #54 on: March 12, 2016, 08:08:33 AM »
  Mike Ehrmantraut would advise you to use a scoped rifle, for maximum accuracy.  8)
do they make scopes for slingshots?

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #55 on: March 12, 2016, 07:58:16 PM »
I think I have seen them on some of the more high tech sling shots!   :apondering:

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #56 on: March 13, 2016, 03:45:27 AM »
nuff said

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #57 on: March 20, 2016, 01:07:27 AM »
I'm wondering if I should start a Weeble advice and fortune telling thread. The wobble could give us deep and profound insights into the meanings of our lives!

On the other hand she could have one of those fortune telling things the girls used to play with and just say yes, no, maybe or ask later. Or maybe she just wants to post in peace without provocation. Maybe we shouldn't bother her.

Ahh, but - the Weeble of Fortune! how could I turn that down?

I'm torn! What should I do?

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #58 on: March 20, 2016, 04:47:44 AM »
I'm wondering if I should start a Weeble advice and fortune telling thread. The wobble could give us deep and profound insights into the meanings of our lives!

On the other hand she could have one of those fortune telling things the girls used to play with and just say yes, no, maybe or ask later. Or maybe she just wants to post in peace without provocation. Maybe we shouldn't bother her.

Ahh, but - the Weeble of Fortune! how could I turn that down?

I'm torn! What should I do?

I'll do what I can!  But buyer beware:  You're seeking prophecy from a plastic egg.  :laugh:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #59 on: March 21, 2016, 09:02:52 AM »
Where should we put the CBC birthday week celebration thread? I'm torn between Games and Free for All.

#Dancewithgarygopher