Educational

Author Topic: Happy New Years  (Read 255 times)

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
Happy New Years
« on: December 31, 2018, 03:02:20 AM »
 :party:
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Happy New Years
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2018, 03:18:20 AM »
Why thank you, Al. :)

I'm just about to head to my friend's house for a meat pie. I'm hungry so I'm looking forward to it.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2018, 03:20:49 AM »
Why thank you, Al. :)

I'm just about to head to my friend's house for a meat pie. I'm hungry so I'm looking forward to it.

I have cracked the Grey Goose. I had a big burger and fries . Bugger cooking your own meal on New years. :P
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2018, 03:59:52 AM »
Yum Yum. Depending on the kind of meat pie of course.

I can't say no to those braised streak chunks in beefy gravy things wrapped in a pastry shell. Those are good meat pies. Not so much the pink, diseased looking fatty blobs in a pastry coffin.

I've just picked up the meds that'll allow me another week's human sanity, Taken the IR oxycodone at for me a low dose (40mg insufflated, IR) and about to take the first morphine shot of the day and stomach meds.

Happy new years to all. Especially the Renster, miss K, Al, DD,and funwithmatches,and special thoughts for miss K's dog and a reminder to WATCH that afterburner fuel consumption to the kittylady. I know it through experience, that be it through sheer body-engendered sympathetic tonal increase, or be it through an exogenous psychostimulant, be that lots of coffee/caffeine in general, or be it amphetamine, you get the temporary boost to power through those periods of intense stress placed upon one by a life-demand, but you HAVE to pay for it later, with the exception of most nootropics ('racetams, low-impact AMPAkines for example). When one burns a candle at both ends, the candle burns up twice as fast.

Just keep that in mind, dear one,  and remember to make miss K-time, not just devote all your time and self to others, because I know you are a good person, and with the temptation to run on afterburners full time in the service of happiness and wellbeing of those you love. Just make sure to grant yourself the same love others hold for you, and plan for it ahead, for a solid stretch of miss K-time, because you both deserve it, and will need it, especially during the time immediately after you've put those afterburners on full on fuel-injection.

The misskitty engines will need to cool down in between, or they will burn out. And I do not wish to see one of the very, VERY few people I know, who I'd even given an organ for, burn herself out and be miserable for it.

Always good to have at least a couple of days worth of a strong sleeping pill ready, for after that critical period of vital effort passes, after you've seen it through on your afterburners, or at least a good bottle or crate of favourite booze or some herb. Take the stress away before it can damage you, after the vital task at hand has been seen to it's conclusion.

I know it all too well. In times of great physical or emotional stress, I do the same, I'll put my ALL into it, to bull through the limits of endurance, just long enough to see the task fulfilled. But knowing that there is a price to pay, unless one can ameliorate this with a depressant, then the effort bestowed through brute willpower, it is returned in price with interest.

Same goes for things like amphetamine or other stimulants of chemical origin. They can provide extra fortitude to see something through that has to be done, but when all is said and done, one can crash, if not very careful. I do use them, or some of them (although not cocaine, save the rare occasion I'm offered one, maybe two single lines, due t it's cardiotoxicity not shared by other stimulants, owing to the local anaesthetic activity being pro-arrhythmogenic), occasionally, on those nights I KNOW I have a task I must complete, usually something chemical in my case, which cannot be made to wait due to such reasons as the stability of something needing to be worked with being poor, requiring immediate use after preparation, when it HAS to be done and done NOW, without a break for more than a piss, but I only do so occasionally, and recreational use only still more rarely, and when I know that there will be sufficient medications available that can render such crashes null and void in a single dose, or a dose morning/evening for the same reason)

(I know, that might actually seem odd, for me. Given my proclivities within certain areas of chemistry. But actually, I find the thrill of mastery over the chemistry itself, performing the reactions, far more exhilarating than I have use for the end product. I like the art of fine-tuning the chemistry to be most high-yielding, high in purity of initial first product, finding novel chemical paths to the same end the fun bit, the end product to me, is just something useful at times, recreational or lucrative. The fun for me is in the chemistry, not the use of the product, excluding only that first test-dose from any given batch, where the thrill of success is already burning through my veins and I'm stimmy as fuck without any chemical help just because I DID IT, and did it well, something any Bee could bee proud of. That, augmented by the obligatory taste-test after all chemical testing possible is performed satisfactorily, is quite something, but generally, it's just a tool, that fulfills the same end as a lot of coffee in other people, but with something that both agrees with me biologically better personally than caffeine, and with the autie-stimmy-spazzy squeebledom of having actually crafted it with mine own two up-to-the-elbow double or triple-gloved hands and followed with my own begoggled, blast-shield-covered eyes from first clamping an empty flask in place, first lubricating a condenser, and first mixing of chemical reagents. The satisfaction in that, to an autie chemistry fanatic, that definitely adds something to it that cannot be felt in any other way IMO :) so that is different, otherwise, it's just a tool, to be used like a hammer and nails when one wishes to join bits of wood together.

Happy new years, and may the coming year be ever more fruitful and enjoyable than the one passing.

Special speshul shout outs to miss K, Al, CBC, QV and of course, the sweet, delightful and if I can be so bold as to say so, rather damn gorgeous PR. To Walkie and the Renster. My nearest and dearest of all, here. And to 'Raxy, you too, are as family to me, cared for deeply
« Last Edit: December 31, 2018, 04:02:21 AM by Lestat »
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2018, 10:48:50 AM »
Happy, safe and wonderful New Years Eve to everyone.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2018, 11:33:55 AM »
  Happy 2019 to all of us.  May we all have work that matters to us, and sufficient health to keep us
   doing said work, also roofs and food and adequate medical care.  Be well, fellow spazzes.  :2thumbsup:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2018, 12:48:52 PM »
Happy New Year Al and everyone.

For me it was a long drive at the end of a 9 day, 3,300 km road trip. Then a stop at KFC and home to a bunch of dead plants. At 9 pm I fell asleep and woke up again briefly when my wife wished me Happy New Year not long after midnight.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2018, 01:43:03 PM »
Do pass my seasons warm and squeeble-filled wishes to the PR for me QV.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2019, 07:21:38 AM »
Happy New Year. We're eating cabbage and black eye peas.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2019, 11:12:46 AM »
Happy New Year. We're eating cabbage and black eye peas.

Made my black eyed peas (w/greens here) too. Most years it's pork and kraut...needed a change this year.

Happy New Year everyone.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2019, 11:40:42 AM »
Per usual I cooked too many appetizers last night so we're having leftovers today.  :thumbup:
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2019, 07:11:32 PM »
I went to sleep too late and woke up 15 minutes before I was supposed to clock in at work  >:(