Author Topic: FourAceDeal's possibly less than adequate first post.  (Read 7186 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: FourAceDeal's possibly less than adequate first post.
« Reply #135 on: February 20, 2018, 03:52:02 AM »
I must have missed those. No doubt they were awesome.

Can you answer the questions that I have posed to gun control advocates?

Neither 4AD nor odeon have given plausible answers.  They just throw red-herring arguments.

All I saw was well-supported arguments that shot down your nonsense in flames.

It is self-evident that you are too far down the rabbit hole to be reached. But I found their arguments interesting. And I found yours amusing.

:wanker:

Let's see you counter my arguments instead of just lazily making snarky comments.

You might want to follow your own advice. Start by carefully reading what others write instead of the knee-jerk responses. Your replies to me illustrate your difficulties well.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #136 on: February 20, 2018, 03:53:56 AM »
This rifle is so deadly and so easy to use that no civilian should be able to get their hands on one.

I urge you all to read the entire blog post.

No, I'm going to take a page from your playbook and force you to spoonfeed it to me.  :pwned:

Allow me to quote your earlier post:

Let's see you counter my arguments instead of just lazily making snarky comments.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #137 on: February 20, 2018, 04:07:17 AM »
OK. So they regard the kids as expendable, then? Who cares if there is another school shooting as long as we have our guns?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_dilemma

This is another example of the shit that odeot passes off as logical arguments.

The reality is more complicated than the binary world of the odeot.

School shootings are a cultural phenomenon and were very rare prior to 1998 despite the fact that "assault weapons" had been available to the public since the early 1970's.

This is the saddest excuse I've read today. As for "very rare", nope. On the rise, yes, but not "very rare".

The reality is that you have a problem, regardless of what you call it, and unless you do something, things will get worse. Calling me "odeot" won't change that, it will just make you look like someone not to be taken seriously. And I'm being charitable.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #138 on: February 20, 2018, 04:39:05 AM »
I must have missed those. No doubt they were awesome.

Neither 4AD nor odeon have given plausible answers.  They just throw red-herring arguments.

It is self-evident that you are too far down the rabbit hole to be reached. But I found their arguments interesting. And I found yours amusing.

Just calling it as I see it. Sounds like somebody needs a waaaaambulance.

And Odeot :) already shot down your bogus claims about the murder rate after Australia's gun ban.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #139 on: February 20, 2018, 11:26:17 AM »

You do realise that your constitution was meant - indeed designed - to be updated, right?

There's a process for that. It's not been used with the 2nd, as it has to correct politically unsustainable flaws.

Now, I happen to think that the 2nd amendment has been badly misinterpreted, but I'm no Constitutional scholar.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #140 on: February 20, 2018, 03:32:24 PM »

You do realise that your constitution was meant - indeed designed - to be updated, right?

There's a process for that. It's not been used with the 2nd, as it has to correct politically unsustainable flaws.

Now, I happen to think that the 2nd amendment has been badly misinterpreted, but I'm no Constitutional scholar.

It looks like it's been misinterpreted on purpose, tbh.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #141 on: February 20, 2018, 06:08:28 PM »
That's how the constitution was designed. It was left vague in order that different people
could have different impressions. Part of why we had the war of secession.

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #142 on: February 20, 2018, 08:06:13 PM »

Does the odeot realize how difficult it is to amend the constitution?

Does the odeot realize that no amendment in the Bill of Rights has ever been repealed or modified? or likely to ever be repealed or modified??

Oh, and

Last year a Reuters analysis of Australian Bureau of Statistics figures showed that in 1996, Australia had had 311 murders, of which 98 involved guns. In 2014, when the population had increased from about 18 million to 23 million, 238 people were murdered, 35 by guns.

In other words, the likelihood of being murdered by gunshot fell by 72 per cent in that period, from 0.54 to 0.15 per 100,000 people, Reuters said.

Too small of a statistical sample, it's cherry picked data.

Next.  :yawn:

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #143 on: February 20, 2018, 08:12:54 PM »
This rifle is so deadly and so easy to use that no civilian should be able to get their hands on one.

No, I'm going to take a page from your playbook and force you to spoonfeed it to me.  :pwned:

I was talking to MOSW, not the odeot.

The odeot has been supremely hypocritical when it comes to posting links.

Whenever the odeot's arguments are refuted with links or videos, the odeot refuses to read or watch them.

Then the odeot posts links and videos and expects others to read or watch those links.

The odeot is too much of an odeot to understand reciprocal conduct.

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #144 on: February 20, 2018, 08:16:51 PM »
OK. So they regard the kids as expendable, then? Who cares if there is another school shooting as long as we have our guns?

School shootings are a cultural phenomenon and were very rare prior to 1998 despite the fact that "assault weapons" had been available to the public since the early 1970's.

This is the saddest excuse I've read today. As for "very rare", nope. On the rise, yes, but not "very rare".

The odeot has no evidence for this statement therefore I invoke Hitchens's Razor.

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #145 on: February 20, 2018, 08:18:26 PM »

Just calling it as I see it. Sounds like somebody needs a waaaaambulance.

And Odeot :) already shot down your bogus claims about the murder rate after Australia's gun ban.

No, the odeot didn't. He showed cherry-picked data that showed an incomplete picture.

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #146 on: February 20, 2018, 08:24:55 PM »

Does the odeot realize that no amendment in the Bill of Rights has ever been repealed or modified? or likely to ever be repealed or modified??

But, they have been interpreted differently by the courts over time.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #147 on: February 21, 2018, 01:36:02 AM »

Do you realise that it doesn't necessarily take a modification of the text itself? You seem to believe that your nationality grants you magical powers of interpretation.

https://www.salon.com/2017/12/16/sorry-nra-the-u-s-was-actually-founded-on-gun-control/

Oh, and

Last year a Reuters analysis of Australian Bureau of Statistics figures showed that in 1996, Australia had had 311 murders, of which 98 involved guns. In 2014, when the population had increased from about 18 million to 23 million, 238 people were murdered, 35 by guns.

In other words, the likelihood of being murdered by gunshot fell by 72 per cent in that period, from 0.54 to 0.15 per 100,000 people, Reuters said.

Too small of a statistical sample, it's cherry picked data.

Next.  :yawn:

And where is your evidence? Next.

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #148 on: February 21, 2018, 01:41:30 AM »

The odeot has no evidence for this statement therefore I invoke Hitchens's Razor.

Oh, I'm sorry, I'm just following your lead. You didn't produce any evidence whatsoever for your claim so I don't see why I should.

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #149 on: February 21, 2018, 01:53:05 AM »

I was talking to MOSW, not the odeot.

The odeot has been supremely hypocritical when it comes to posting links.

Whenever the odeot's arguments are refuted with links or videos, the odeot refuses to read or watch them.

Then the odeot posts links and videos and expects others to read or watch those links.

The odeot is too much of an odeot to understand reciprocal conduct.

I can see why you resort to this sort of behaviour. It's so much easier than to produce actual evidence. Oh well.

- Albert Einstein