Author Topic: FourAceDeal's possibly less than adequate first post.  (Read 7319 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: FourAceDeal's possibly less than adequate first post.
« Reply #165 on: February 23, 2018, 02:57:20 AM »
I'm all for it, so long as there's enough vid coverage that we can get some good reality TV.

School gunfights sound awesome!

As a first person shooter?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #166 on: February 23, 2018, 02:58:02 AM »
School shootings are a cultural phenomenon and were very rare prior to 1998 despite the fact that "assault weapons" had been available to the public since the early 1970's.

This is the saddest excuse I've read today. As for "very rare", nope. On the rise, yes, but not "very rare".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_shootings_in_the_United_States#List_of_killings

A clear and unmistakable spike starting either after 1998 0r 1996 depending on which criteria you use.

Which criteria do YOU use? Are you simply ignoring the numbers before 1996?

The odeot obviously didn't read the article because the odeot is a hypocrite who isn't interested in facts, only muh Leftist narrative.   :tard:

That is a no then.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #167 on: February 23, 2018, 02:59:55 AM »
In other news, the idiot-in-chief now suggests that teachers should be armed. Can you imagine the fun when the police arrives after reports of an armed gunman at a school and spots the teacher?

:facepalm:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appeal_to_ridicule

This has been done on the state level in several states already. In all cases that I'm aware of, the armed teachers coordinate with and are often trained by local law enforcement.

In the scenario proposed by the odeot, the cops showing up would already know who the armed teacher is.   :nerdy:

Appeal to ridicule is the appropriate response to idiocy. You should know.

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #168 on: February 23, 2018, 03:01:07 AM »
Quote from: GPUAR's Evidence
Hemenway and his Harvard colleague and co-author, Mary Vriniotis, summarized the evidence in support of the theory that the buyback program saved lives:

* “While 13 gun massacres (the killing of 4 or more people at one time) occurred in Australia in the 18 years before the NFA, resulting in more than one hundred deaths, in the 14 following years (and up to the present), there were no gun massacres.”
* “In the seven years before the NFA (1989-1995), the average annual firearm suicide death rate per 100,000 was 2.6 (with a yearly range of 2.2 to 2.9); in the seven years after the buyback was fully implemented (1998-2004), the average annual firearm suicide rate was 1.1 (yearly range 0.8 to 1.4).”
* “In the seven years before the NFA, the average annual firearm homicide rate per 100,000 was .43 (range .27 to .60) while for the seven years post NFA, the average annual firearm homicide rate was .25 (range .16 to .33).”
“[T]he drop in firearm deaths was largest among the type of firearms most affected by the buyback.* ”

And don't forget the impact of mass immigration on overall numbers - the rate of homicide is far more telling:
With Australia’s population steadily increasing, the nation’s homicide incident rate has fallen even more than the number of homicides — from 1.6 per 100,000 in 1995-96 to 1 per 100,000 in 2013-2014, according to a government report on crime trends. That was the lowest homicide incident rate at the time in 25 years, as we mentioned earlier.

Thanks for sharing your evidence, much appreciated.

A likely explanation for this data is that, given the fact that the majority of these immigrants are from Asia, especially China, that they didn't contribute significantly to the violent crime statistics. (funny how crime tends to follow racial lines, hmmmmm...)

Therefore, what the data shows is a stagnant amount of violent crime being committed by the native population and the percentages being driven down by mass immigration of a civilized people.  :nerdy:

(Why can't we have mass immigration from China instead of Beaners in the US??)

False assumptions based on bigotry. Fucking hell what a moron you are.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #169 on: February 23, 2018, 06:01:29 AM »
It's so nice to see things going down the personal attack road again.  :zoinks:
:gopher:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #170 on: February 23, 2018, 09:50:18 AM »
It's so nice to see things going down the personal attack road again.  :zoinks:

You only noticed now?

- Albert Einstein

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #171 on: February 23, 2018, 02:59:29 PM »
I'm all for it, so long as there's enough vid coverage that we can get some good reality TV.

School gunfights sound awesome!

As a first person shooter?

Maybe an olympic sport?

USA!USA!

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #172 on: February 23, 2018, 04:46:19 PM »
Personally think dueling should be made legal again.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #173 on: February 23, 2018, 05:54:34 PM »
Meh, both sides have the same victory conditions in a duel. I prefer assymetrical sports.

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #174 on: February 23, 2018, 06:36:44 PM »
Meh, both sides have the same victory conditions in a duel. I prefer assymetrical sports.

Teacher with a handgun vs student with an assault rifle should be right up your alley then.

During the latest school shooting the school's armed security guard didn't engage the shooter and I read one account that he hid behind a wall. You'd need teachers armed with weapons and ammo to at least match a typical school shooter. And body armour. And uniforms so the cops know they are not the shooter. Robocop teachers.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #175 on: February 23, 2018, 07:00:07 PM »
It's the fairness of it that makes it good.

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #176 on: February 23, 2018, 07:47:20 PM »
In other news, the idiot-in-chief now suggests that teachers should be armed. Can you imagine the fun when the police arrives after reports of an armed gunman at a school and spots the teacher?

This has been done on the state level in several states already. In all cases that I'm aware of, the armed teachers coordinate with and are often trained by local law enforcement.

In the scenario proposed by the odeot, the cops showing up would already know who the armed teacher is.   :nerdy:

In the scenario proposed by the odeot, the cops showing up would already know who the armed teacher is.

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #177 on: February 23, 2018, 08:06:24 PM »
False assumptions based on bigotry. Fucking hell what a moron you are.

:LMAO:

The odeot thinks that calling Chinese people civilized is waaasist!! :rofl:

For odeot's information, there are currently 40+ young Chinese men living in my condo complex.

Am I afraid if I walk out at night and see them loitering around?? No, because I know they're not ghetto trash.

If I had the same number of young "African-American" men in my complex, I'd fucking move tomorrow, along with everyone else in my complex because we all know what would follow. First would be the loud music at 2 am followed by break-ins, drug dealing, violence and squalor.

The Chinese are good neighbors. Niggers?? not so much.

Oh and one more thing. The former resident of my unit was a nigger couple. They trashed this unit so badly that it took 3 pages to document all the damage. I'm guessing it took at least $10K to fix all the damage before I moved in. I can take pictures of repair notes and post them if anyone is interested.

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #178 on: February 23, 2018, 08:30:32 PM »

Teacher with a handgun vs student with an assault rifle should be right up your alley then.

For the 4,628,496th time, an AR-15 is NOT an "assault rifle".

Assault rifles are by definition, capable of full auto fire.

A well trained person with a handgun can, at very minimum, tie up the shooter while reinforcements arrive. Most schools would create a tactical situation where the teacher can engage the gunman inside of 100 yards, well within the range of a handgun, which would even the odds.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #179 on: February 24, 2018, 03:50:51 AM »

In the scenario proposed by the odeot, the cops showing up would already know who the armed teacher is.

According to an FBI study about active shooter situations, police officers who engaged the shooter were wounded or killed in 46.7 percent of the incidents. We’re talking about individuals who are specifically trained to respond to these situations and not teachers trained over the the weekend or during summer break.

- Albert Einstein