Author Topic: FourAceDeal's possibly less than adequate first post.  (Read 7348 times)

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
Re: FourAceDeal's possibly less than adequate first post.
« Reply #150 on: February 21, 2018, 02:17:07 AM »
Pappy, you've heard of Hitchens' Razor? That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Dude, where's your evidence?
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #151 on: February 21, 2018, 03:55:25 PM »
https://www.salon.com/2017/12/16/sorry-nra-the-u-s-was-actually-founded-on-gun-control/

Salon is a known source of leftist propaganda and this article is typical of the opinion-as-evidence approach that they're known for.

Oh, and

Last year a Reuters analysis of Australian Bureau of Statistics figures showed that in 1996, Australia had had 311 murders, of which 98 involved guns. In 2014, when the population had increased from about 18 million to 23 million, 238 people were murdered, 35 by guns.

In other words, the likelihood of being murdered by gunshot fell by 72 per cent in that period, from 0.54 to 0.15 per 100,000 people, Reuters said.

Too small of a statistical sample, it's cherry picked data.

Next.  :yawn:

And where is your evidence? Next.

https://www.factcheck.org/2017/10/gun-control-australia-updated/

Scroll to the bottom, the chart shows homicides going up and down but the trend is only slightly down.

It should also be noted that overall violent crime has gone up in Australia in this same time period where overall violent crime in the US has gone down, despite record gun sales. It kinda destroys the gun-control narrative, doesn't it??

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #152 on: February 21, 2018, 03:57:27 PM »
Pappy, you've heard of Hitchens' Razor? That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

For what?

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #153 on: February 21, 2018, 05:07:08 PM »

For what?

Your claims, perhaps?
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #154 on: February 21, 2018, 05:11:24 PM »
Quote from: GPUAR's Evidence
Hemenway and his Harvard colleague and co-author, Mary Vriniotis, summarized the evidence in support of the theory that the buyback program saved lives:

* “While 13 gun massacres (the killing of 4 or more people at one time) occurred in Australia in the 18 years before the NFA, resulting in more than one hundred deaths, in the 14 following years (and up to the present), there were no gun massacres.”
* “In the seven years before the NFA (1989-1995), the average annual firearm suicide death rate per 100,000 was 2.6 (with a yearly range of 2.2 to 2.9); in the seven years after the buyback was fully implemented (1998-2004), the average annual firearm suicide rate was 1.1 (yearly range 0.8 to 1.4).”
* “In the seven years before the NFA, the average annual firearm homicide rate per 100,000 was .43 (range .27 to .60) while for the seven years post NFA, the average annual firearm homicide rate was .25 (range .16 to .33).”
“[T]he drop in firearm deaths was largest among the type of firearms most affected by the buyback.* ”

And don't forget the impact of mass immigration on overall numbers - the rate of homicide is far more telling:
With Australia’s population steadily increasing, the nation’s homicide incident rate has fallen even more than the number of homicides — from 1.6 per 100,000 in 1995-96 to 1 per 100,000 in 2013-2014, according to a government report on crime trends. That was the lowest homicide incident rate at the time in 25 years, as we mentioned earlier.

Thanks for sharing your evidence, much appreciated.

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #155 on: February 21, 2018, 05:14:47 PM »
Also regarding your claims that violent crime is rising in Australia (let's see your evidence), here is a good refutation by those commies over at Snopes:

https://www.snopes.com/crime/statistics/ausguns.asp

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #156 on: February 21, 2018, 05:18:43 PM »
Also regarding your claims that violent crime is rising in Australia (let's see your evidence), here is a good refutation by those commies over at Snopes:

https://www.snopes.com/crime/statistics/ausguns.asp

I said it was rising at a time period when crime was going down in the US which is exactly what those charts show.  :M

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #157 on: February 21, 2018, 11:42:43 PM »
OK. So they regard the kids as expendable, then? Who cares if there is another school shooting as long as we have our guns?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_dilemma

This is another example of the shit that odeot passes off as logical arguments.

The reality is more complicated than the binary world of the odeot.

School shootings are a cultural phenomenon and were very rare prior to 1998 despite the fact that "assault weapons" had been available to the public since the early 1970's.

This is the saddest excuse I've read today. As for "very rare", nope. On the rise, yes, but not "very rare".

The odeot has no evidence for this statement therefore I invoke Hitchens's Razor.

Oh, I'm sorry, I'm just following your lead. You didn't produce any evidence whatsoever for your claim so I don't see why I should.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_shootings_in_the_United_States#List_of_killings

A clear and unmistakable spike starting either after 1998 0r 1996 depending on which criteria you use.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #158 on: February 21, 2018, 11:55:29 PM »
https://www.salon.com/2017/12/16/sorry-nra-the-u-s-was-actually-founded-on-gun-control/

Salon is a known source of leftist propaganda and this article is typical of the opinion-as-evidence approach that they're known for.

Damned pinko founding fathers.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #159 on: February 21, 2018, 11:57:36 PM »
OK. So they regard the kids as expendable, then? Who cares if there is another school shooting as long as we have our guns?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_dilemma

This is another example of the shit that odeot passes off as logical arguments.

The reality is more complicated than the binary world of the odeot.

School shootings are a cultural phenomenon and were very rare prior to 1998 despite the fact that "assault weapons" had been available to the public since the early 1970's.

This is the saddest excuse I've read today. As for "very rare", nope. On the rise, yes, but not "very rare".

The odeot has no evidence for this statement therefore I invoke Hitchens's Razor.

Oh, I'm sorry, I'm just following your lead. You didn't produce any evidence whatsoever for your claim so I don't see why I should.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_shootings_in_the_United_States#List_of_killings

A clear and unmistakable spike starting either after 1998 0r 1996 depending on which criteria you use.

Which criteria do YOU use? Are you simply ignoring the numbers before 1996?

Fucking hell, what an embarrassment you are. Anything but your precious guns.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #160 on: February 21, 2018, 11:59:17 PM »
In other news, the idiot-in-chief now suggests that teachers should be armed. Can you imagine the fun when the police arrives after reports of an armed gunman at a school and spots the teacher?

:facepalm:

- Albert Einstein

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #161 on: February 22, 2018, 04:30:59 PM »
I'm all for it, so long as there's enough vid coverage that we can get some good reality TV.

School gunfights sound awesome!

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #162 on: February 22, 2018, 07:12:03 PM »

Which criteria do YOU use? Are you simply ignoring the numbers before 1996?

The odeot obviously didn't read the article because the odeot is a hypocrite who isn't interested in facts, only muh Leftist narrative.   :tard:

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #163 on: February 22, 2018, 07:17:43 PM »
In other news, the idiot-in-chief now suggests that teachers should be armed. Can you imagine the fun when the police arrives after reports of an armed gunman at a school and spots the teacher?

:facepalm:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appeal_to_ridicule

This has been done on the state level in several states already. In all cases that I'm aware of, the armed teachers coordinate with and are often trained by local law enforcement.

In the scenario proposed by the odeot, the cops showing up would already know who the armed teacher is.   :nerdy:

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #164 on: February 22, 2018, 07:27:29 PM »
Quote from: GPUAR's Evidence
Hemenway and his Harvard colleague and co-author, Mary Vriniotis, summarized the evidence in support of the theory that the buyback program saved lives:

* “While 13 gun massacres (the killing of 4 or more people at one time) occurred in Australia in the 18 years before the NFA, resulting in more than one hundred deaths, in the 14 following years (and up to the present), there were no gun massacres.”
* “In the seven years before the NFA (1989-1995), the average annual firearm suicide death rate per 100,000 was 2.6 (with a yearly range of 2.2 to 2.9); in the seven years after the buyback was fully implemented (1998-2004), the average annual firearm suicide rate was 1.1 (yearly range 0.8 to 1.4).”
* “In the seven years before the NFA, the average annual firearm homicide rate per 100,000 was .43 (range .27 to .60) while for the seven years post NFA, the average annual firearm homicide rate was .25 (range .16 to .33).”
“[T]he drop in firearm deaths was largest among the type of firearms most affected by the buyback.* ”

And don't forget the impact of mass immigration on overall numbers - the rate of homicide is far more telling:
With Australia’s population steadily increasing, the nation’s homicide incident rate has fallen even more than the number of homicides — from 1.6 per 100,000 in 1995-96 to 1 per 100,000 in 2013-2014, according to a government report on crime trends. That was the lowest homicide incident rate at the time in 25 years, as we mentioned earlier.

Thanks for sharing your evidence, much appreciated.

A likely explanation for this data is that, given the fact that the majority of these immigrants are from Asia, especially China, that they didn't contribute significantly to the violent crime statistics. (funny how crime tends to follow racial lines, hmmmmm...)

Therefore, what the data shows is a stagnant amount of violent crime being committed by the native population and the percentages being driven down by mass immigration of a civilized people.  :nerdy:

(Why can't we have mass immigration from China instead of Beaners in the US??)