Author Topic: Pinterest: holding information hostage  (Read 131 times)

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
Pinterest: holding information hostage
« on: January 09, 2016, 09:45:06 AM »
So it used to be that I could search for art reference and go to the site of the artist. Now half the time the image comes up as being on pinterest. High resolution images are reduced to jpegs or worse, and in order to look at the image I must log in to pinterest which I can't because I don't believe that I should be forced to join a site just to see an image.

Most of the time I just skip it and search for the original, but occasionally I can't find one so it's highly annoying to see something nice reduced to members only trash.

I don't use facebook for the same reason. I can't just go and look at something; I need to be a member. Is the information that secret or sacred? Unlikely. I'm guessing that's just how they got lots of members.
Mark Twain: “Never argue with a [troll], onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
Re: Pinterest: holding information hostage
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2016, 11:33:27 AM »
I hate pinterest for the same reason.

My mother and youngest kid have a reason on top of that to hate pinterest. It freezes their computer/tablet.

Very annoying. And when something is on pinterest, that will be on top of the search list.

GRRRR.

And no, I'm not going to join, and I will not return to the FB fold either.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
Re: Pinterest: holding information hostage
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2016, 12:51:33 PM »
I hate that it does that anymore...but I will confess to being a big-time pinterest addict.

Don't really care for Facebook, have an account I rarely log into on there...and not on pinterest for the social aspect of it, disabled all the emails concerning who repined my pins, who is following me, etc...don't really care...I just love it for decorating/crafting/recipes and ideas.