Educational

Author Topic: PC VS. Consoles  (Read 176 times)

Offline jedicounsellor

• Frequent Poster
PC VS. Consoles
« on: August 24, 2015, 06:41:29 PM »
I was a mad gamer freak some years ago that was until I stopped playing altogether and sold my console(s), and games. My Mum was being a massive bitch telling me off for being on the game (Ghost Recon 2 on the 360, at the time), but a friend of mine recently gave me my first PC game, Call of Duty 4; however, I played it with little success due to my inapt command of keyboard/mouse control in game play.

So I bought a USB controller but not being motivated too strongly to play COD 4, I've ordered a copy of 'Thief' which looks pretty entertaining. Hopefully the controller is compatible - I had some trouble making it work within around 15 minutes of opening COD4 twice, and unplugging/plugging in the usb controller three times.

I thought it should just work - I suppose there's some configuration process which needs to take place first. There is an installation disc for the controller (did that, of course), but if there's something I'm missing would you please let me know.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
Re: PC VS. Consoles
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2015, 06:51:34 PM »
We bought one of those cheap rock candy 360 USB controllers, so far it's been just plug and play, no driver disc.

Oblivion has been the only game we had problems with so far...had to change the config in the options menu for it to work right.

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2015, 07:02:50 PM »
OMG Dhalism is back!! :GA:
:gopher:

Offline jedicounsellor

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2015, 09:47:45 PM »
Love your enthusiam, Gopher Gary! Thanks for the excitement to have me back.

Icequeen: thanks for the info regarding 360 controllers. I might as well return the one I bought and get one of those. Might be some software issue.