Author Topic: Lord of the Ales answers questions, but the answers might not be thrilling  (Read 3803 times)

Offline Lord of the Ales

• Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Will work for beer
    • Last.fm thingy
I used to have one of these back in the day, but since the past is a different country it should probably stay locked.

If anyone wants to find out what a former despot is doing these days this is the place. Don't all rush at once.  :lol1:
arsebiscuits!

Retired despot, landlord and shitstirrer :deadhorse:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Are you maintaining anything on the web these days?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lord of the Ales

• Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Will work for beer
    • Last.fm thingy
Nope. I still have one domain name, but only because I forgot to cancel it before it renewed. :facepalm:
arsebiscuits!

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
Nope. I still have one domain name, but only because I forgot to cancel it before it renewed. :facepalm:

May I defile it?  :zoinks:
:gopher:

Offline Lord of the Ales

• Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Will work for beer
    • Last.fm thingy
It isn't online, sorry. If I ever put owt on it (a blog perhaps) I'll let you besmirch it. :P
arsebiscuits!

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
Good.  :zoinks:

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
You have written somewhere else on here that you have rats. My flatmate Kayleigh has three rats. Two hooded and one brown.

How many rats do you have and what are they like?
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Lord of the Ales

• Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Will work for beer
    • Last.fm thingy
I did reply to the other one when I spotted it, but that thread gets buried a bit.

We currently have nine. We have a large 2 level cage/hutch in the living room, at one point there were seven males in there - Iggy, a big grey and white dumbo rat, is the alpha and Mel's 'heart rat' - he has a lovely bond with her. He currently just has two companions, Sprocket, a hooded black and white who is very curious, and Cas (short for Castiel), who is similar in appearance to Sprocket but fatter and more aggressive.

In the attic we now have two 'retired' males - Sherlock, an albino dumbo and former big fat bully, and recently moved in with him is Dean, a small, shy black and white fancy rat. They both have some mobility issues and have been struggling to feed, drink and groom themselves properly so they're in Mel's studio space now so they can be nursed and not have to fight for their share, Sherlock has got some weight and energy back now but still ends up covered in baby food. He hates being bathed unfortunately which is very funny to watch.

My younger son has two big grey and white dumbo males in his room, Fry and Bender - Fry is very friendly and loves being handled, Bender is more wary and occasionally nips but will usually assent to being stroked if he's getting a treat lol.

My daughter has two dumbo females, Chuck and Olive - they're much smaller than the males, very quick, agile and lively so they're a bit of a handful, the lads tend to just potter about. Olive is grey and white and appears to be in charge, Chuck is hooded brown and cream and is the bolder of the two regarding people. They are the only ones who pee on people, but only if they like you.  :lol1:
arsebiscuits!

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Can't believe you have a female rat named Olive - so does Kayleigh. Her three are all female and just reaching adulthood. Jadzia and Ezri are the other names. I bet you can guess where she got the names from.

She had another three females previously, Molly, Ellen and Spot. Spot died of a respiratory infection and the other two succumbed to tumours that grew massively. I felt so sorry for them.

Do you recommend having males rather than female rats?
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Lord of the Ales

• Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Will work for beer
    • Last.fm thingy
I forgot Kayleigh was a massive trekkie  :zoinks:

Depends really - if you like nosey, busy, energetic rats girls are for you. If you want placid, affectionate, greedy rats who are happy to sit on your lap while you read/watch telly/etc boys are better. They're both fun but sadly don't seem to live very long. We lost Sherlock early this week. :(
arsebiscuits!

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
I forgot Kayleigh was a massive trekkie  :zoinks:

Depends really - if you like nosey, busy, energetic rats girls are for you. If you want placid, affectionate, greedy rats who are happy to sit on your lap while you read/watch telly/etc boys are better. They're both fun but sadly don't seem to live very long. We lost Sherlock early this week. :(

:(

We once had a cat, called Sherlock.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
Do you fancy a pint now and then?

Offline Lord of the Ales

• Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Will work for beer
    • Last.fm thingy
You could say that. :beergrin:
arsebiscuits!

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
He is the LORD OF ALES!!!!!    :viking: :worship: :beergrin:
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
OMG the Lord of the Ales is here!! :GA: