Author Topic: Saddam Is Dead  (Read 2395 times)

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: Saddam Is Dead
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2007, 03:50:26 AM »
I'm not sure I would call it okay, but I would say I would be willing to tolerate it a whole lot more.
And as always, these are simply my worthless opinions.
Reverence is fine, Sanctity is silly.
We're all fucked, it helps to remember that.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2007, 11:09:27 AM »
<Just watched the unofficial phone-video, and downloaded it for posterity.>

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7532034279766935521

The unofficial one shows the guards taunting him and chanting Shi'ite political slogans.  Looks like the mute sound on the official one was more about hiding the Shi'ite bias of the guards than anything to do with making it a dignified event.

One man shouts "Moqtada, Moqtada, Moqtada," a reference to cleric Moqtada al-Sadr, who heads a powerful Shi'ite political movement and a militia blamed by Washington and Sunni Arabs for running death squads targeting Saddam's Sunni Arab minority.

After he falls, the cry "The tyrant has fallen" is audible over shouting and other comments that could not be made out.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20061231/ts_nm/iraq_saddam_taunts_dc

But a crude cell-phone video leaked less than 24 hours later goes much further — showing bitter exchanges between Hussein and his Shiite guards.

After Hussein offers prayers, the guards shout praise for Muqtada al-Sadr, the radical Shiite cleric whose father is believed to have been murdered by Hussein’s regime.

They chant, “Muqtada! Muqtada! Muqtada!”

Hussein smiles.

“Is this how you show your bravery as men?” he asks.

“Straight to hell,” someone shouts back at him.

“Is this the bravery of Arabs?” Hussein asks.

A sole voice is heard trying to silence the taunts.

“Please, I am begging you not to,” the unknown man says. “The man is being executed.”

Another shout, “Long live Mohammed Baqir Sadr” — referring to Muqtada al-Sadr’s father-in-law and a founder of the Shiite Dawa movement who was executed by the Hussein regime. Dawa is al-Maliki’s party.

The taunts continued, and the trapdoor dropped shortly after 6 a.m. Saturday. Hussein was hanged. (Watch Hussein’s last moments Video)

Immediately after, Shiite witnesses danced around his body, chanting celebratory slogans.

http://www.blogsofwar.com/2006/12/30/video-saddam-husseins-execution-hanging-shown/
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2007, 08:31:37 AM »
Could have the hanging be dealt better and been more respectful "yes".

Saddam I believe though was not respectful to His Countrymen when He ruled over them.

Did He get what He deserved yes and no. Remember this how many more did He kill, torture, gas, war against, etc. 10,000, 100,000, 1,000,000.

Yes it would have been better if they would have been respectful.
Guardian of the Empire

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2007, 03:58:51 PM »
What I don't understand is why all those people were present to begin with. Wasn't a few witnesses enough? And then, when it all became chaos, why present the Iraqi television with an edited version where everything went calmly? They know they blew the whole thing, and now all that there's left is to find a scapegoat (=the guy holding the mobile phone).
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Litigious

« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2007, 04:11:38 PM »
What I don't understand is why all those people were present to begin with. Wasn't a few witnesses enough? And then, when it all became chaos, why present the Iraqi television with an edited version where everything went calmly? They know they blew the whole thing, and now all that there's left is to find a scapegoat (=the guy holding the mobile phone).

That's the way it works (or rather; doesn't work) in those countries. That's the kind of mentality that we westerners should be so thankful to eagerly embrace...

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2007, 04:31:51 PM »

That's the way it works (or rather; doesn't work) in those countries. That's the kind of mentality that we westerners should be so thankful to eagerly embrace...
freedom of press?

or in reality: freedom to tell us which way to think.
i hold no truths, because all i am told is a lie.
Misunderstood.

Litigious

« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2007, 04:39:43 PM »
No, I mean that there was a lot of people at the hanging that didn't belong there.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2007, 04:43:12 PM »
No, I mean that there was a lot of people at the hanging that didn't belong there.

i thought that we wqere talking about how the press gave a false overview of the proceedings.  but the cellphone video showed the truth.
Misunderstood.

Litigious

« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2007, 04:49:44 PM »
Well, we were talking about both.

ozymandias

« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2007, 06:43:00 PM »

The Iraqi people deserve whatever government they get!  As far as I'm concerned, let them kill each other to their hearts content.  The point being.......we should never have been there!  It was just a bunch of deluded old men..cheney, rumsfeld, rove, and a stupid moron named bush aka shrub, that have the blood of 3000 good soldiers on their hands.

I hope they all burn in the fires of hell!

Litigious

« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2007, 06:50:29 PM »
+ Ozy.

ozymandias

« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2007, 07:05:32 PM »
+ Ozy.

Thanks, and + back!

And it keeps me ahead of you on post count, thats my inner post whore ascending above reasoning! :P  mwhahahahahahahahaha
« Last Edit: January 03, 2007, 07:07:09 PM by ozymandias »

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2007, 09:04:53 PM »
We all need to respect each other beliefs ultimately that is what I was saying. Thou it most likely not understood in the end at all in the end.
Guardian of the Empire

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #43 on: January 04, 2007, 07:21:31 AM »
The Iraqi people deserve whatever government they get!  As far as I'm concerned, let them kill each other to their hearts content.  The point being.......we should never have been there!  It was just a bunch of deluded old men..cheney, rumsfeld, rove, and a stupid moron named bush aka shrub, that have the blood of 3000 good soldiers on their hands.

I hope they all burn in the fires of hell!

I'm not sure the average Iraqi person deserves any of this. Between 50,000 and 60,000 civilians have been killed in Iraq since the war started, in addition to the 3,000 soldiers.

IMO, Bush, Cheney and Rumsfeld should be court-martialed.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #44 on: January 04, 2007, 07:32:26 AM »
or tried for crimes against humanity.
Misunderstood.