Educational

Author Topic: Saddam Is Dead  (Read 2397 times)

ozymandias

Re: Saddam Is Dead
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2006, 12:09:28 PM »
He's only going to be a "martyr" in the loosest sense....to those who want to make him one!

Hitler, Stalin, Mao, and Pol Pot are all martyrs for some fucktard.  ::)

Exactly!!!  And there is no shortage of fucktards out there!

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2006, 01:35:58 PM »
After some of the truly horrible and evil things he did to the Iraqi people, I am glad Saddam Hussein is dead, and I am glad he was tried before the Iraqi High Tribunal and found guilty before he was executed.  Maybe it will be retribution in the eyes of some of the people whose relatives he tortured and killed.

Yes, some of the Baathists may retaliate and seek retribution for his death and kill more innocent people, but if he had been left alive some of the same people could have killed even more innocent people trying to get him released from prison.  Now no matter what they do, they know he is gone and he will not be coming back.  If it were not for that fact, I would have been just as happy personally to see him spend the rest of his life in prison, but it was not really up to me to decide.

ozymandias

« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2006, 04:32:21 PM »
semi fucktard:  OH MY ALLAH YOU KILLED SADDAM!

Big Fucktard:  YOU BASTARD!

Cartman fucktard:  NOW I'M GOING TO KICK YOU IN THE NUTS!

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2006, 08:40:59 PM »
I get annoyed by people killing people for killing people.  For one thing, it seems unnecessarily spiteful, and for another thing, if your aim is to punish the guy, why of all things pick death as a punishment? 
And as always, these are simply my worthless opinions.
Reverence is fine, Sanctity is silly.
We're all fucked, it helps to remember that.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2006, 08:46:13 PM »
I get annoyed by people killing people for killing people.  For one thing, it seems unnecessarily spiteful, and for another thing, if your aim is to punish the guy, why of all things pick death as a punishment? 

Well, for one reason, it will stop them killing again.

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2006, 08:53:18 PM »
I think prison would prevent him from killing again.  Or you could admit him to a psychiatric hospital.  I think that there are some humans which cannot function in society, but you only need remove them.  You needn't kill them, it is just a spiteful waste.  (I'd prefer using prisoners as property, the justice system would damn near pay for itself if it did.)

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2006, 09:22:47 PM »
I think prison would prevent him from killing again.  Or you could admit him to a psychiatric hospital.  I think that there are some humans which cannot function in society, but you only need remove them.  You needn't kill them, it is just a spiteful waste.  (I'd prefer using prisoners as property, the justice system would damn near pay for itself if it did.)
watch the movie American Me, Bobby.
Misunderstood.

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2006, 09:38:26 PM »
Can you summarize it, I'm never gonna watch it.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2006, 10:56:07 PM »
Can you summarize it, I'm never gonna watch it.
sure!

Misunderstood.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2007, 05:17:35 AM »

So killing people as punishment for killing hundreds of other people is spiteful, but killing your own child (as long as they are under 18) is perfectly acceptable?

I think the child should be property of the mother and father and not be recognized as a human until age 18.

And in that case, I think post natal abortion should be allowed, but why would you want to, when you could sell the child to medical science or into slave labor?

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2007, 12:53:21 PM »
I think they should have kept him alive until he had been tried for everything they had on him. As things are now, many of his victims will never get the closure they need, and some of Saddam's former allies can start breathing easier again.

Personally, I'm also against the death penalty. Nobody should have the right to kill another human being. Not that it bothers me the least that he's dead--the world is better off without him--but the way he died does bother me.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2007, 01:11:16 PM »
That's a good point, Odeon.  They could have tried him for more crimes he committed.  I am against the death penalty as it is often carried out in my country, but I am not against the principle of the death penalty itself, if guilt can be absolutely proven, the crimes are heinous enough, and if there is a substantial risk that the person could commit more crimes if he or she is left alive.  I think if Saddam Hussein had been left alive in prison for the rest of his life, his followers could have used the opportunity to threaten some violent acts if he was not released.  Maybe they could have kidnapped some people and killed them if his release was not traded for their lives.  At least now, the issue is settled and there is nothing that can be done to bring him back to power.  His sons, Uday and Qusay Hussein, are dead too.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2007, 02:52:30 PM »
I certainly hope that Saddam's death can bring something good to Iraq.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2007, 11:24:02 PM »

So killing people as punishment for killing hundreds of other people is spiteful, but killing your own child (as long as they are under 18) is perfectly acceptable?

I think the child should be property of the mother and father and not be recognized as a human until age 18.

And in that case, I think post natal abortion should be allowed, but why would you want to, when you could sell the child to medical science or into slave labor?

It might also fall into the category of spitefulness but it wouldn't piss me off unless the parent called it justice.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2007, 02:58:21 AM »
So you feel murder is ok as long as people don't claim to do it the name of the justice?