Educational

Author Topic: Questions for Icequeen  (Read 15738 times)

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Questions for Icequeen
« Reply #480 on: October 23, 2017, 06:00:33 AM »
Twerking doesn't involve a wall.
It can.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #481 on: October 23, 2017, 06:37:21 PM »
I don't know if I want to see that or not!
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #482 on: October 23, 2017, 08:59:26 PM »
Can you twerk and clean my window at the same time?
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #483 on: October 23, 2017, 09:05:45 PM »
Can you twerk and clean my window at the same time?
Probably.  How high is the window?

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #484 on: October 24, 2017, 03:06:24 AM »
Yeah thats a bugger seeing wolfy post like that. Especially connecting the post to me directly like that. As if I'm some sort of reference chart for what it takes to knock somebody out with various things:P Always did like his humor. Miss the guy, although not as much as raxy does obviously. And I have to say, even now, I still hurt for raxy when I think of wolfy's loss, raxy's loss OF wolfy, and all our losses of the bugger. And I care about 'raxy a lot, I always have, and when wolfy died it came as a real stab in the guts and twist of the blade. Still does, when it comes up or I think of them being separated. I know too much what it is like, and how painful it is to be apart from the one true soulmate beyond any measurement standard, somebody you love more than your own life and self, even decades after last seeing them and who you'd still die for if needs called for it to happen for their own life or health in a heartbeat. Its a worse pain than anything physical that can be inficted. Physical pain either will eventually cease, or one will die. That kind of pain, only stops upon death.

And even if I could, I wouldn't, because the love lost, she wouldn't wish me to, nor would she have any respect for me for such weakness. Not her. Not ever.
Too fiery by far:) A trait of my (younger of the two) former fiancee that I loved above almost all others, her being...well...a fundamental force of nature, as basic, as all-reaching all-powerful and omni-present a dynamism made flesh as is the strong and weak nuclear forces mediating atomic binding of subatomic particles into nuclei of elements. Girl was a living gluon, in more ways than one.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #485 on: November 05, 2017, 06:50:23 PM »
Okay, questionable turkey broth.

It was boiled up from the turkey carcass on Oct 9, then vacuum-sealed into a big stainless steel pot the way WolFish used to do it, by putting on the lid while it was still hot and letting it cool that way. Bones and all, it got stuck at the back of my refrigerator while I proceeded to get overwhelmed by life.

Today I decided I had to deal with it one way or the other and pulled it out. The top was no longer a tight seal, and there was a thick layer of fat congealed across the surface, but no visible signs of mold. I heated it up and it smelled normal as far as I could tell, but my sense of smell seriously sucks. I strained out the bones and veggies and it looks like normal broth.

What do you think? Should I toss it or dare try it? Has WolFish rubbed off on me all the wrong ways?

:hide:
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #486 on: November 05, 2017, 07:15:55 PM »
I would pitch it if especially since the seal wasn't tight. Safe shelf life for fresh in the fridge is only 3-4 days.

I throw mine in the freezer normally.

The mornings have been cold lately and I've been thinking a lot about curry. I think a little bit of WolFish stayed with all of us.  ;)

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #487 on: November 05, 2017, 07:33:48 PM »
 :( Ok. Maybe next time I do better.

Maybe I should make curry.

I don't think the pot would have fit into the freezer. It's the kind at the bottom of the fridge, with drawers. (I did not choose these appliances, they came with the house.)
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #488 on: November 05, 2017, 07:43:08 PM »
:( Ok. Maybe next time I do better.

Maybe I should make curry.

I don't think the pot would have fit into the freezer. It's the kind at the bottom of the fridge, with drawers. (I did not choose these appliances, they came with the house.)

That's actually the kind of fridge I wanted. :laugh: The only model they had was too fat to fit through the door. I ended up with small side by side and a chest freezer in the basement.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #489 on: November 05, 2017, 07:49:04 PM »
I have the chest freezer. First time ever to have one, my family never did. Haven't turned it on yet because I figure I should decide what to substantially fill it with first. It wasn't listed on the house offer but I got them to add it.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #490 on: November 05, 2017, 07:58:34 PM »
I have the chest freezer. First time ever to have one, my family never did. Haven't turned it on yet because I figure I should decide what to substantially fill it with first. It wasn't listed on the house offer but I got them to add it.

I love mine, you can cook double when you feel like cooking and freeze for the days when you don't feel like cooking...throw a couple of bags of ice in it until you get it filled to capacity.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #491 on: November 05, 2017, 08:21:45 PM »
Oh that's a good idea. Ice is cheap and easy.

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #492 on: July 12, 2018, 05:34:00 AM »
Have at least twice suggested a posture correcting strap, or at least seeking a medical opinion about the use of one.
This is gonna make you very happy-

Any particular brand or models you recommend?

Have been doing strengthening exercises for my shoulders and back, and am at a point where I'm much less concerned about fucking them up from using a posture corrector for a couple of hours every day.  I've made quite a bit of progress doing that + stretching and I'm circling back to the question of what else I can do for faster results; thinking the increased body awareness might not be a bad idea at this point.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #493 on: July 12, 2018, 03:47:07 PM »
The ones I used were simple and lightweight, and looked similar to this. It doesn't look like much, but a couple of hours may be a lofty goal in the beginning. Personally took at least six months to be able to wear it a full workday, maybe nine months or more to wear it all day. Driving was the worst. It was about twenty years ago, so may not be remembering the timeline well. Though do recall it was about a year before believing my subconscious was adapted and it was no longer needed.

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #494 on: July 13, 2018, 05:52:39 AM »
How about this?  https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071FJ2N5R/?coliid=I3W2W7WSE62IYP&colid=27NPQALPY7EMT

I believe the current understanding of how to best use them (if you're using them to correct posture, rather than to rehab from an injury, anyway) is to max out at a couple of hours a day to get the muscle memory in there and to otherwise do the kinds of strengthening and stretching I'm already doing, so you're not over-reliant on the brace.  Thought was initially to just wear it in the morning while on the computer and see what that does.