Author Topic: Ask the Gopher  (Read 4612 times)

Offline FourAceDeal

• Elder
  • Postwhore
Re: Ask the Gopher
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2017, 05:53:55 AM »
Should I bet that Leeds United will beat Burton Albion by 3 goals to nil today?  It's 12 to 1.
Ever got that feeling that you're trying to teach a dog a card trick?

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2017, 06:17:46 AM »
Should I bet that Leeds United will beat Burton Albion by 3 goals to nil today?  It's 12 to 1.

Gamblings are the devil's deeds.  :zoinks:
:gopher:

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2017, 06:29:38 AM »
How is all the hoarding and boarding up going?

We've done all we're going to do, which really isn't that much. I may go out and hug the trees today but nothing more. Whatever happens during the storm is what happens during the storm. Our preparations are for the aftermath, ensuring access to clean water, food, electricity, and communications.  :dunno:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2017, 06:32:40 AM »

We've done all we're going to do, which really isn't that much. I may go out and hug the trees today but nothing more. Whatever happens during the storm is what happens during the storm. Our preparations are for the aftermath, ensuring access to clean water, food, electricity, and communications.  :dunno:

May you and your bitches weather the storm safely!  :gopher: :gopher: :gopher: :gopher: :gopher:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2017, 07:39:53 AM »

You don't have to leave your burrow?

Hugs for the trees from me too. And stay safe, little fuzzball.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2017, 07:56:43 AM »

Echoed here as well.

Stay safe.

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2017, 08:04:18 AM »

Nah, we're not going anywhere. Tropical storm threat/prep is a way of life here, it has it's own season. Most people don't evacuate, they have parties, and the beer sells out as fast as the water. We all went out and hugged the trees together earlier, I think they're our only real concern. :grouphug:

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2017, 08:06:18 AM »
And thanks for the safe wishes, everybunny.  :eyelash:

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2017, 09:30:30 AM »

I just realized you might be asking if it's mandatory. Where I'm at, it's not, only the floodzones directly on the coastlines in this area have mandatory evac orders because of expected storm surges. The evac for zone B was only just issued a couple hours ago. At this point, the freewats are packed and there's only two major routes out of the state, so people in those areas are better off just getting out of their zone than trying to leave the state. Evac traffic is very slow, so I think there might be a lot of people stuck on the freeways during the brunt of the storm, and they would have been better off staying home or finding a public shelter.  :dunno:

Offline FourAceDeal

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2017, 10:20:07 AM »

Gamblings are the devil's deeds.  :zoinks:

You're right.  I should have gone for 5-0.
Ever got that feeling that you're trying to teach a dog a card trick?

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2017, 10:23:40 AM »

I just realized you might be asking if it's mandatory. Where I'm at, it's not, only the floodzones directly on the coastlines in this area have mandatory evac orders because of expected storm surges. The evac for zone B was only just issued a couple hours ago. At this point, the freewats are packed and there's only two major routes out of the state, so people in those areas are better off just getting out of their zone than trying to leave the state. Evac traffic is very slow, so I think there might be a lot of people stuck on the freeways during the brunt of the storm, and they would have been better off staying home or finding a public shelter.  :dunno:

Hoping it sounds worse than what it pans out to be. Friend of mine left at the beginning of the week to beat the traffic...first one that he ever left for, mostly because of his mother though...he just closed a deal on a house next to Mar a lago last month. It needs work, hoping it weathers the storm somewhat okay for him.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2017, 10:59:25 AM »

I just realized you might be asking if it's mandatory.

Did indeed mean that. Glad you don't have to go.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2017, 01:52:10 AM »

Hoping it sounds worse than what it pans out to be. Friend of mine left at the beginning of the week to beat the traffic...first one that he ever left for, mostly because of his mother though...he just closed a deal on a house next to Mar a lago last month. It needs work, hoping it weathers the storm somewhat okay for him.

There is a Mar a lago site that should be levelled with the ground, though.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2017, 07:18:31 AM »

There is a Mar a lago site that should be levelled with the ground, though.

Eyesore that one. Some feel that's possible. Wrath of the flying spaghetti monster and all that bullshit. :laugh:

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2017, 07:32:52 AM »
It's weird how FB is showing "revenge plots" of nature and such. Same shit as uttered by true fundamentalists. Just a different supreme being.

Never got those punishing schemes. :P