Educational

Author Topic: #gamergate  (Read 2517 times)

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
Re: #gamergate
« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2015, 11:15:16 AM »
I was watching it live.
Koretzsky. The organiser and moderator is a giant knob.
Anti-gamergate didn't bother showing.
Yeah, it looked really bad for their side.
Pro-gamergate will win this one
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 09:15:15 PM by Al Swearengen »
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2015, 09:44:38 PM »
Part of the big issue is that those who are actively against Gamergate fall into roughly 5 overlapping groups.
1. Gaming journalist
2. Social Justice Warriors
3. Useful idiots
4. The outraged but ignorant
5. Mainstream Media

The outraged but ignorant are simply responding to bad narrative spin. They are likely to turn away from SJWs is better more complete information or conflicting information is bought to their attention and/or breaks the narrative spin.

Useful Idiots are just white knighting or parroting any bullshit to make them feel like they are important or part of something awesome.

Mainstream Media is relatively fickle. They will drift away from the controversy eventually.

Gaming journalists are doing it hard. Really hard. They have been forced to adopt ethics guidelines as a result of Gamergate and now they are losing millions of dollars of ad revenue, their bounce rate is increasing, visits dropping, adblocker use up and prolific use of archive.is. They are struggling to keep themselves open and their mates the SJWs do not subsidise or support them.

Social Justice Warriors are checked at every point. Their big plays are nullified and they lose credibility daily. They have not been able to sink their hooks as deeply as they need to.

They demand Progressive values in video games but realise that in doing so the games will not be as popular. When they have tried, the gaming public has thumbed their noses at the end product. The market can not sustain these games. The last progressive and highly reviewed game (Sunset) sold so very poorly, it bankrupted the developers.

They have tried will other games too and there is no appeal. So when we say "Well if YOU want those kind of games, make them yourself" the answer is "We have tried and they don't sell"

So it is not our issue. We know that Game Devs won't risk their business on trying to market to  non-existent market. They will ignore the SJWs and market the games that will sell, to the appreciative audience. The Gaming press that sided against Gamergate will fold or downsize. This will lead to many corrupt, incompetent, hacks who are all made freelancers, and all competing for the same work. The social justice warriors will get no oxygen from the Gaming press and will find that the mainstream press will have moved away from Gamergate on to different topics. They will be reluctant to mention old news.

This leave a problem for the Social Justice Warriors trying to crack into the market. If Gamers don't roll over, Game Devs ignore them and Media won't report on them..........what good are they?

What is more the $3000-$4000 per month that the most popular e-celebrities among them make in Patreon.com dollars, will increasingly be see as for no good purpose and people will rightly say, why are we giving you so much cash?

THIS is where I want them. I want the unemployed freelancing journos to turn on their previous handlers and the social justice warrior queens that get the notoriety, and the big Patreon bucks, to be torn down by their supporters. I want there to be massive infighting in both groups and against each other and Gamergate watch this gladiatorial survival of the fittest.

Then Gamergate will demolish the weakened victors and they will slither off defeated absolutely.

When they attack a new fandom or industry I will be there and fighting against them.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline Bastet

• Psychotic Mentally Deficient Deranged Bitch
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2015, 10:56:47 PM »
We have our own resident useful idiot.
:kitten: OBSESSIVE AILUROPHILE :kitten:

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2015, 05:51:02 PM »
Only one?
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Bastet

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #49 on: August 17, 2015, 07:22:58 PM »
Only one?

Oh true but I was referring to our resident anti gamergate idiot. But I think we have a couple of those as well. :hahaha:
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 05:29:14 PM by Buttplug »

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

Offline Bastet

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #50 on: October 04, 2015, 05:28:24 PM »
 :poo:

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #51 on: October 06, 2015, 08:32:06 PM »
 :hitler:
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #52 on: October 08, 2015, 04:51:49 AM »
Irony

http://motherboard.vice.com/read/united-nations-apologizes-for-fault-ridden-cyberviolence-report

Gamergate mocked crap out of it and the Randi Harper unloaded on it. Then Zoe Quinn backed away from it and then other SJWs trying to maintain some sense of credibility backed away and FINALLY the UN did.

Gamergate collectively laughed at the win.

Offline Bastet

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #53 on: October 08, 2015, 08:54:55 AM »
Irony

http://motherboard.vice.com/read/united-nations-apologizes-for-fault-ridden-cyberviolence-report

Gamergate mocked crap out of it and the Randi Harper unloaded on it. Then Zoe Quinn backed away from it and then other SJWs trying to maintain some sense of credibility backed away and FINALLY the UN did.

Gamergate collectively laughed at the win.

They will try another shitty tactic those angry little girls will stop at nothing.

Offline Bastet

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #54 on: November 02, 2015, 12:55:11 PM »

:hitler:

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #55 on: November 02, 2015, 04:30:09 PM »
That is bloody stupid. Claiming ownership over someone like that.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #56 on: November 02, 2015, 09:08:57 PM »
Like that commenter, I am also curious who is this "we".
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #57 on: November 03, 2015, 01:27:03 AM »
Yes.

Peculiar, how here someone gets shown "her place" based on her gender.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #58 on: November 03, 2015, 01:31:01 AM »
A very big narrative push has been that Gamergate is anti-women or anti-female or harass women or whatever. It is bullshit and the thing that pisses the other side off more than anything is any women or transgendered folk or gay people or black people or...whatever in our movement. It hurts the narrative.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #59 on: November 03, 2015, 01:40:45 AM »
In the last few months we have had the other side pushing pro-pedophilia sentiments. You may think I jest or overplay it. I don't. They are trying to differentiate between pedophiles and child molesters and so on.

The Progressive media is starting to push this narrative too  http://www.salon.com/2015/09/21/im_a_pedophile_but_not_a_monster/

Anita Sarkessian (remember her?) was in a livestream the other day and the mod started banning everyone who was not subscribers. Fun party. But people notice the username Varis77. Guess what Varis is? One of Thunderf00t's biggest critics recently had to removed all of his social media and gave up play tough guy, really quickly. Why? Because he was outed as a pedophile (proof in some confirmed court documents), and then there is the case of a  transgendered pedophile called Sarah Butts http://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism/2015/09/11/leading-gamergate-critic-sarah-nyberg-claimed-to-be-a-pedophile-apologised-for-white-nationalism/

I don't mind being ion the "bad side" of Gamergate because these guys are apparently moral arbiters.