Author Topic: #gamergate  (Read 2460 times)

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
Re: #gamergate
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2014, 10:38:52 AM »
I think it's a little silly to insist this must be "about" one thing, and only one thing.  It is bringing up the issue of misogyny, whether or not that was the original intent.

:facepalm2:

A little slow on the uptake today??  Muuhssajinnee was never an issue, it was just a red-herring thrown out by the journalists to divert attention from unethical behavior on their part.

Jesus fuck! for someone with a degree in psychology, you have some rather large mental blind spots.    ::)

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2014, 10:41:52 AM »
Actually, misogyny is an issue, and you're awfully butthurt in defending the idea that it's not. You didn't even refute Elle's point, you just repeated yours while slinging insults. Do you even have a refutation?
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2014, 10:49:57 AM »
Never claimed it wasn't. Let me state a clear position:

Misogyny and video games have no correlation. Indeed, "gamer guys" are more interested in gaming than pressing some patriarchal agenda. All attempts to prove that misogyny is an issue in gaming have been pathetic, and transparent attempts to socially engineer hatred of men, or attempts to steal money.

Scrap just wants to destroy feminism, really. I would like to change it to what everyone always claims its about. :P
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 10:57:29 AM by RageBeoulve »
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2014, 10:50:54 AM »
Yeah, you're a little slow this morning too.   ::)

If you're to accept that misogyny is an issue, then it is a SEPERATE issue that has nothing to do with gamergate.

Journalists, when confronted with accusations of misconduct, responded with "well, yeah, but you're a bunch of misogynist poopyheads!!!"

Are the both of you so stupid that you can't see this??

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I do not have the right not to do so
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2014, 10:51:28 AM »
Lol. 

This "diversity" bullshit is out of control.  It's not diverse to make every single thing the same.  Just like in the UK, how tests to become a fireman were made easier so women could pass them  :hahaha:   Which is really, a sheer act of insanity.  This "men and women are the same" ideology has nothing to do with feminism, and with the fireman case, it could end up causing a fatality. 
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

"When men lead by words that are false as they preach
Fatality waits in the wings
Surrounded by fools behind walls that are breached
Beware of the jester that sings"

Leeeeeaaaave Benji alooooooone!  :bigcry:

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2014, 10:52:38 AM »
Actually I think people are confusing diversity with multiculturalism. MULTICULTURALISM basically means monoculturalism. :P
I will never stop...

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2014, 10:58:18 AM »
Misogyny and video games have no correlation. Indeed, "gamer guys" are more interested in gaming than pressing some patriarchal agenda. All attempts to prove that misogyny is an issue in gaming have been pathetic, and transparent attempts to socially engineer hatred of men, or attempts to steal money.

Actually that's an interesting point, I'm curious now what the people calling out the stereotypes of chainmail bikini babes and such would say. Gaming, and gaming target audiences where the money is, have changed a lot over the years. It's really genre and platform specific where you find the worst offenders.

What do you mean by stealing money?
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2014, 10:59:12 AM »
Journalists, when confronted with accusations of misconduct, responded with "well, yeah, but you're a bunch of misogynist poopyheads!!!"

Are the both of you so stupid that you can't see this??

Oh I see it. I think it's ridiculous. But I take issue with their means of fighting the problem, not with the existence of the problem itself.

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I do not have the right not to do so
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2014, 11:27:48 AM »
Actually I think people are confusing diversity with multiculturalism. MULTICULTURALISM basically means monoculturalism. :P

It's talked about as though it's the same thing.  Yeah, cause every town is turned into a multicultural hell hole, so nothing "diverse" about that.  Apparently we are "enriched" when we are treated to swarms of migrants.  Enriched with crime more like.  Apparently white straight males can't be diverse...
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

"When men lead by words that are false as they preach
Fatality waits in the wings
Surrounded by fools behind walls that are breached
Beware of the jester that sings"

Leeeeeaaaave Benji alooooooone!  :bigcry:

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2014, 06:52:55 PM »
http://www.newsweek.com/gamergate-about-media-ethics-or-harassing-women-harassment-data-show-279736

Yes, and who is the first person we see, front and center?? Anita Sarkesian, the con-artist huckster.

Then we see the author use circular logic to "prove" that gamergate is about muuhsaajuunee.   ::)

All that the twitter traffic proves is that the journalists successfully hijacked the conversation and diverted attention away from themselves.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2014, 07:32:02 PM »

Actually that's an interesting point, I'm curious now what the people calling out the stereotypes of chainmail bikini babes and such would say. Gaming, and gaming target audiences where the money is, have changed a lot over the years. It's really genre and platform specific where you find the worst offenders.

I'm curious now what the people calling out the stereotypes of chainmail bikini babes and such would say.

They're video games. Realism is not the goal.  :dunno:

I mean receiving about a hundred and sixty thousand dollars to release a couple of youtube videos that include "being able to kill hookers in hitman" as evidence for patriarchy in gaming. You can kill everyone in the game. Its a game about a murderer.

I will never stop...

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2014, 07:34:02 PM »

It's talked about as though it's the same thing.  Yeah, cause every town is turned into a multicultural hell hole, so nothing "diverse" about that.  Apparently we are "enriched" when we are treated to swarms of migrants.  Enriched with crime more like.  Apparently white straight males can't be diverse...

Its not just white people who are victims of this phenomenon, dude. Its happening globally.
I will never stop...

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2014, 09:15:36 PM »
I mean receiving about a hundred and sixty thousand dollars to release a couple of youtube videos that include "being able to kill hookers in hitman" as evidence for patriarchy in gaming. You can kill everyone in the game. Its a game about a murderer.

People like her give Kickstarter a bad name. Hers wouldn't be the first or the last project that didn't deliver on expectations. There's some shitty drama out there surrounding bad Kickstarters, like the guy who wasted all his funds and was left with no money to actually ship the goods, and then started destroying them on video while threatening to destroy one more item for everybody who messaged him looking for their rewards.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2014, 09:38:04 PM »

People like her give Kickstarter a bad name. Hers wouldn't be the first or the last project that didn't deliver on expectations. There's some shitty drama out there surrounding bad Kickstarters, like the guy who wasted all his funds and was left with no money to actually ship the goods, and then started destroying them on video while threatening to destroy one more item for everybody who messaged him looking for their rewards.

Yeah. I think what pisses me off the most is that a ton of people consider her to be a moral hero or something. She is invited to speak at all sorts of conferences, etc.

In reality she is a liar and a thief, and the worst kind because she chose to do it while wearing the mask of virtue. It never ceases to amaze me how easily these slimy people worm their way into such heralded positions which are immune to criticism.
I will never stop...